PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• EllezBellz
    Options
    Fingers crossed EllzBellz! Are you trying to do a simultaneous exchange and completion then? Good luck!

We are indeed! and thank you
  • Astrac
    Astrac Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I contacted my solicitors on Friday, in the morning by email and in the afternoon by phone and I still didn't get an answer or a call back. This is the second time that this happens (last time I waited 5 days without answers before deciding to force a bit their hand by contacting them via social media) and I am somewhat prone to high levels of anxiety so I am not sure wether I am blowing things out of proportions or it's right and I should actually use any mean to get their attention (e.g. describe their behaviour on trustpilot).

So in the end I was wondering, how long is an acceptable time to receive an answer to an email or to receive a call back from a solicitor? Is it a bad idea to pressure them using public channels if they fail at answering within one or two days?
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Astrac- it really depends where in the buying/selling process you are.

For example my mortgage expires on Friday. So I expect daily updates now.

If you're waiting on searches then weekly is fine. Fridays are also bad days as they are busy with completions and exchanges.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Hi gang.

This week on will CTC ever buy this house.

Tensions are raised as the mortgage company still haven't confirmed release of payment.

Vendors solicitors claims they are trying to work towards completion tomorrow- but no word if their vendors has agreed or if their mortgage company has agreed to release funds.

No reply to my email this morning confirming my sol got my extra payment, I'm sure she's just busy harassing everyone :o

Mortgage offer expires on Friday.

Stay tuned folks - this could go right to the wire. :eek:
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Hi gang.

Tensions are raised as the mortgage company still haven't confirmed release of payment.

Vendors solicitors claims they are trying to work towards completion tomorrow- but no word if their vendors has agreed or if their mortgage company has agreed to release funds.

No reply to my email this morning confirming my sol got my extra payment, I'm sure she's just busy harassing everyone :o

Best book i have ever read CTC :eek::rotfl:
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    As for us, we have electricians now working on our her house ...actually picked up keys this morning although we haven't exchanged and been told we can keep them for the week !!!!!!!

Got heating company coming to quote for the work tomorrow and had joiner round to look at putting furniture in ....eeeeep
  • BlueTwiglet
    Options
    CTC you must be on tenterhooks! I certainly am just by reading your updates!

Hopefully you won't need to dig too deeply into your pockets LittleBobo. Is it minor electrical work or does the property need re-wiring (sorry if you've mentioned it on a previous post)?

Signed my mortgage deed and dropped it off to the solicitors today. Hoping I'll have some news this week on exchange/completion dates if my buyers are satisfied with the enquiries raised.

I have no doubt something else will probably come creeping out of the woodwork though. These matters never seem straightforward.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,793 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gosh CTC, fingers crossed! :eek:

LittleBobo - you've got the keys even though you haven't exchanged? :eek: Hope nobody gives out our keys :eek: :rotfl: (we're still living here though so I think we'd notice :rotfl: )

Had an email from our estate agents this morning after my prodding - apparently the new bottom of the chain is going in to sign their contracts this week and after that we can finally start talking dates :j :j :j

I'll believe it when it happens, of course, but hopefully it means there's nothing else substantial in the way, and the rest of us have been (very) ready since November so shouldn't be any further hold ups with any of us :j

We might well make an exchange (and maybe even completion?!) in Feb after all (although as I say, not holding my breath...)
  • Astrac
    Astrac Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2018 at 2:31PM
    Options
    I managed to get on the phone with my solicitors and I discovered that the process is exactly where it was last time we spoke and the time before that, i.e. on the 15th of December. They say that they are waiting for some management pack from the seller's solicitors.

When I last contacted the EA (15th of January) they told me that the seller payed the fees for the pack on the 9th of January, it was ordered on the 12th and it was supposed to be received within one week (I don't understand why it was ordered so late since my sols were waiting for it since before the 15th of December).

I feel quite nervous about this more than one month long waiting for a single document pack. Moreover my mortgage offer will expire at the beginning of April and at the same time I also have to go abroad for one month, something for which I can't basically plan at all since I don't have an idea of when I will be able to move in.

Is all these waiting with nothing at all happening normal? Is there anything I can do to speed this thing up?
  • Vampyr
    Vampyr Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Astrac wrote: »
    I contacted my solicitors on Friday, in the morning by email and in the afternoon by phone and I still didn't get an answer or a call back. This is the second time that this happens (last time I waited 5 days without answers before deciding to force a bit their hand by contacting them via social media) and I am somewhat prone to high levels of anxiety so I am not sure wether I am blowing things out of proportions or it's right and I should actually use any mean to get their attention (e.g. describe their behaviour on trustpilot).

So in the end I was wondering, how long is an acceptable time to receive an answer to an email or to receive a call back from a solicitor? Is it a bad idea to pressure them using public channels if they fail at answering within one or two days?

I wouldn't wait more than 48h for a reply, and even that is too long really. Is this some online conveyancer rather than a local solicitor?

Hi gang.

I have heard some mortgage companies offer extensions of a couple of weeks. Maybe worth giving them a call?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback