PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• martastik
    martastik Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From Halifax, Coop and even Adrian Flux.  It appears to be standard practice unfortunately.
    TBH if I'd known, I wouldn't have mentioned the multiple deeds, then they'd have been none the wiser. Doubt they would think to ask in the event of a claim.
    user1977 said:
    martastik said:

I've just discovered that conventional home insurance can only insure a single title deed
    This sounds like nonsense. Where are you getting this from? Makes no difference to the insurance.
    Has anyone ever had to submit a title deed number to their insurance company?

Most will only insure a single address on a domestic homeowner policy, but that something different. 

• wilbor79
    wilbor79 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey. Could you advise on this thread please? Thanks in advance! 🙂https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6528674/title-deed-confusions-please-help#latest 
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May at 11:35PM
    Options
    martastik said:
    user1977 said:
    martastik said:

I've just discovered that conventional home insurance can only insure a single title deed
    This sounds like nonsense. Where are you getting this from? Makes no difference to the insurance.

Most will only insure a single address on a domestic homeowner policy, but that something different. 
    From Halifax, Coop and even Adrian Flux.  It appears to be standard practice unfortunately.
    Can you point us towards this? I strongly suspect there's some misunderstanding going on (which might not be helped if you start chatting to people in a call centre about stuff which isn't on their script).

Here for example is the Halifax's policy document:

https://www.halifax.co.uk/assets/pdf/insurance/pdf/home/hbp/policy-booklet.pdf

Absolutely nothing in it about how the property is registered.
  • martastik
    martastik Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    user1977 said:
    martastik said:

Do you have any industry knowledge to back up your assertion?
    I agree, it is ridiculous.  It doesn't change any facts on the ground or affect the insurance risk in any way that I could possibly conceive.
  • BarelySentientAI
    BarelySentientAI Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    martastik said:
    user1977 said:
    martastik said:

Do you have any industry knowledge to back up your assertion?
    Yes.

But of course different insurers can ask for different things and I'm not intimately familiar with the policies of all of them.
  • JM68
    JM68 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry,

A while back you advised me that our lease extension, originally submitted in 2022, had been resubmitted due to an error in the freeholder title in June 23.  Is this any nearer getting registered yet please?   The LR ref is NB8FA57.

Many thanks
  • Millsandovis
    Millsandovis Posts: 88 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry

Would you be able to tell me if you have had any response from the sellers conveyancers yet in regards to title AA55810 

if not I can/will chase them up! Thank you! 
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,832 Organisation Representative
    Options
    JM68 said:
    Hi @Land_Registry,

A while back you advised me that our lease extension, originally submitted in 2022, had been resubmitted due to an error in the freeholder title in June 23.  Is this any nearer getting registered yet please?   The LR ref is NB8FA57.

Many thanks
    It was resubmitted in June and a new reference exists. The original issue re the landlord’s title has been resolved so that’s no longer a problem. However it’s yet to be processed as the wait times remain lengthy and I doubt if it will be processed for a number of months yet. 
    Your ownership is protected so a Q of waiting still until it’s processed and completed 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,832 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry

Would you be able to tell me if you have had any response from the sellers conveyancers yet in regards to title AA55810 

if not I can/will chase them up! Thank you! 
    No response as yet - sorry 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JHLow
    JHLow Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry , may I know when the change of ownership application for property title MAN327496 will be processed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure