PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,832 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would like to swap some land along the boundary of my property with my neighbour on the other side. We would exchange an equal area of land, about 4.5 square metres. As far as I can see we would both need to complete a form TP1 but I am wondering if there might be any ramifications that I am not considering. My property would acquire some road frontage as a result of the swap, something that it does not have at present.

See our Practice Guide section 3 on exchanges

Ramifications to be considered woukd not be something we could advise you on and is really one for others to comment on
    Only things we might mention here woukd be if your properties are mortgaged then you'll need to tell your lenders, probably get their consents and have to use conveyancers.
    And if you acquire road frontage and are going to do anything with that then may be worth contacting the Highways Agency?
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    edited 14 June 2019 at 9:40AM
    Options
    Kentlife wrote: »
    Morning Land Registry

Any update on title Title K896779?

Thanks

Kentlife

What did your solicitor confirm when you 'chased' them?
    I'll check in with the processing office and come back when I have some info
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I_Smell_Like_Beef
    Options
    Hi Land Registry,

You've been kind enough to help us previously regarding CU313062. You informed us last week that the first registration had now been completed last Thursday. However, as far as we're aware, the seller's solicitor has not received this and we have also noticed online that the title plan has not changed.

Is it usual that the results of the first registration are sent by post (the assumption being that if they were sent by email, the seller's solicitor would have already received them)? And if so, what would the estimated delivery time be?

Furthermore, is it usual for the online title plan to not be updated immediately?

Thanks once again for your ongoing help. It's much appreciated.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi Land Registry,

You've been kind enough to help us previously regarding CU313062. You informed us last week that the first registration had now been completed last Thursday. However, as far as we're aware, the seller's solicitor has not received this and we have also noticed online that the title plan has not changed.

Is it usual that the results of the first registration are sent by post (the assumption being that if they were sent by email, the seller's solicitor would have already received them)? And if so, what would the estimated delivery time be?

Furthermore, is it usual for the online title plan to not be updated immediately?

Thanks once again for your ongoing help. It's much appreciated.

The FR under that title was completed on the 6th. So the lodging solicitors should have received the details by now through the post.

I don't quite understand your reference to updating the title plan as this was a first registration so not an update.
    It was an adverse possession claim so the claimed land gets its own title, namely the one you have quoted. If there's an adjoining property registered under its own title then that does not get changed/updated - I'm guessing that's what you are referring to?

So the property now consists of two titles. One absolute re the main property. And this one which is possessory as it's been claimed.

The solicitors will have been sent a copy of the new register and title plan for the new claimed possessory title. As such it might be quicker for them to check and confirm the details online

Hope I have understood the issue correctly
  • Kentlife
    Kentlife Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Land Registry
    Main issue is that there are two solicitors involved; my own and the solicitor of the other flat for which the floorplan will be swapped. My solicitor has responded to all queries and it is the other solicitor providing input to land registry. I'm told this was done on Monday .

Gary
  • I_Smell_Like_Beef
    Options
    Thanks, that's answered our questions perfectly!
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Kentlife wrote: »
    Hi Land Registry
    Main issue is that there are two solicitors involved; my own and the solicitor of the other flat for which the floorplan will be swapped. My solicitor has responded to all queries and it is the other solicitor providing input to land registry. I'm told this was done on Monday .

Gary

Many thanks - that makes sense and tallies with what I can access this end - it's not a routine application either this end, which means it needs extra scrutiny by us

My expectations are that we should know more Monday/Tuesday but I'll check again later today and IF that's changed I'll post again.
    I appreciate its urgency but it's had a rocky road to travel this far but hopefully it's now all in order and can be finished
  • Kentlife
    Kentlife Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Many thanks for your continued help Land Registry. Youve been brilliant.

Kentlife
  • Belle1576
    Belle1576 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi land Registry just a quick question we are selling our property and our buyer wants us to get the right of way removed ,we were lead to believe that once we had consent of the lender and our neighbour and had all the paperwork drawn up that the easement and change of ownership would be done at the same time. They are now asking for us to do the easement before exchange as he would not own the property. Is this true or can it all be applied for at same time the solicitors are at loggerheads about it.

Thanks
  • vjm63
    vjm63 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Land Registry,

I am wanting to do a voluntary first registration for a piece of land, but the guidance I can find online all seems to be aimed at it being done by a conveyancer. There are no deeds that we can find at all - but we have been looking after the land for 13 years or more with no-one disputing that at all.

On the FR1 I would use panel 16 not 15 - but even 16.1 asks for details of the conveyancer - so I am confused! I would also need to send in the LD1 I assume - which needs a conveyancer to certify I am who I am.

Would it be honestly simpler to get a solicitor to do this rather than me - do non-conveyancers succeed in this process?

Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport