PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I bought my home through the right to buy in January 2016. For the first 5 years of our ownership I know that the HA we purchased from have a stake in our property reducing by 20% each year.
    Our property does not show on house sold price sites due to the right to buy so my question is will I show as the owner albeit the HA will have a restriction on it for another 2 years?
    When we last remortgaged a survey flagged that there was a charge in favour of our local council - the predecessor to the HA after the council sold their stock, we then had to obtain a deed of postponement and the remortgage went through. We were advised at the time that this would be lifted after the 5 years, having 4 years left on our mortgage deal I assumed the next remortgage would be nice and simple.
    We now potentially find ourselves in position where we may be able to pay the mortgage off; so this has crossed my mind again, I'm concerned that we will not show as the legal owners either now or in 5 years as I don't think we have ever seen the deeds for the house, but understand there is not such an issue now as they should be stored electronically with the Land registry.

TIA
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,817 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I bought my home through the right to buy in January 2016. For the first 5 years of our ownership I know that the HA we purchased from have a stake in our property reducing by 20% each year.
    Our property does not show on house sold price sites due to the right to buy so my question is will I show as the owner albeit the HA will have a restriction on it for another 2 years?
    When we last remortgaged a survey flagged that there was a charge in favour of our local council - the predecessor to the HA after the council sold their stock, we then had to obtain a deed of postponement and the remortgage went through. We were advised at the time that this would be lifted after the 5 years, having 4 years left on our mortgage deal I assumed the next remortgage would be nice and simple.
    We now potentially find ourselves in position where we may be able to pay the mortgage off; so this has crossed my mind again, I'm concerned that we will not show as the legal owners either now or in 5 years as I don't think we have ever seen the deeds for the house, but understand there is not such an issue now as they should be stored electronically with the Land registry.

TIA

The 'charge' you mention is removed as and when the time has elapsed and an application is made to update the register, for example your remortgage.

Where the time has not elapsed a postponement is needed by your new lender as you already appreciate as they will want to have priority for their secured loan over the local council charge

Clearly the property is registered hence the remortgage and postponement you went through so I would not be too concerned. If you want to check the registered details then you can do so online for £3
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Loopy1985
    Options
    Land registry... ap1 form. Wonder if anyone can help. Question 6 on ap1 form is the applicant the executors of the estate or would it be the names of those who it is to be registered to? Thank
  • Sally_Forth
    Sally_Forth Posts: 43 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Loopy1985 wrote: »
    Land registry... ap1 form. Wonder if anyone can help. Question 6 on ap1 form is the applicant the executors of the estate or would it be the names of those who it is to be registered to? Thank
    If a solicitor is submitting the form it would be the people represented by that solicitor.
    If no solicitor is being used then the person, or people, submitting the form, assuming the people submitting are the executors or the buyers
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Loopy1985 wrote: »

Panel 6 is for the name of the person(s) who is/are actually applying to change the register. So if the executors are transferring to a sibling plus partner then it's the sibling and their partner you'd name in panel 6.
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I_Smell_Like_Beef
    I_Smell_Like_Beef Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 6 June 2019 at 9:42AM
    Options
    Hi Land Registry,

You've kindly helped us previously with regards to a sale pending on whether the property is going to be granted adverse possession of some land.

We have received confirmation from the seller's solicitor that the application is now been passed to a senior advisor for the final consideration stage and has been expedited. However, we have now been waiting on this stage for the last 2 weeks with no further progress and are becoming extremely concerned as our second mortgage offer runs out in 3 weeks.

Should we concerned about this delay? How long does this stage typically take? Is it likely to be completed within the next week? The provisional title number is CU313062.

Thank you once again for your time and help.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi Land Registry,

You've kindly helped us previously with regards to a sale pending on whether the property is going to be granted adverse possession of some land.

We have received confirmation from the seller's solicitor that the application is now been passed to a senior advisor for the final consideration stage and has been expedited. However, we have now been waiting on this stage for the last 2 weeks with no further progress and are becoming extremely concerned as our second mortgage offer runs out in 3 weeks.

Should we concerned about this delay? How long does this stage typically take? Is it likely to be completed within the next week? The provisional title number is CU313062.

Thank you once again for your time and help.

I've checked with the processing office and they expect it to be completed within the next week. If you post again tomorrow I may be able to update you further
  • Kentlife
    Kentlife Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Land Registry for your previous response on Title K896779.

Do the case notes give an indication of when a substantial update may be given or potential timeline. My solicitor informs me he is waiting on an update since submitting requested documentation a week ago.

Kentlife
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Kentlife wrote: »
    Thanks Land Registry for your previous response on Title K896779.

Do the case notes give an indication of when a substantial update may be given or potential timeline. My solicitor informs me he is waiting on an update since submitting requested documentation a week ago.

Kentlife

The limited details I can access show that we wrote again to the firm who lodged the application on the 28th but I can see no record of a reply to that as yet.
    I'd suggest asking the solicitor to check receipt of that letter and if they have no record for them to contact the processing office direct
  • I_Smell_Like_Beef
    Options
    Hi Land Registry,

Thank you for the update.

Checking in today as per your advice to see whether there are any further updates on the adverse possession application, CU313062.

Thank you once again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure