PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,795 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JJA80 wrote: »
    JJA80. Thank you for clarifying the present progress on my application for AP and confirming the issue is being sorted out by Land Registry and KCC as quickly as possible. According to the plan supplied by KCC their objection only relates to a tiny triangle of the existing verge. I make no claim for title to verge, just that I retain the historic long standing legal right of access across it. As long as that is retained I have no need to own it.
    Thank you for continuing to monitor my application for further progress, I await your next update.
    I have just received an email from KCC advising me that they have today, 23 May, sent you an email. They gave me your email address and suggested I ask you to send me a copy of their reply to you. Your reference is S232TTQ. I emailed you as suggested and your receipt ref. No is 190523 - 002981.
    I have now received a phone call from KCC confirming they have withdrawn their objection so can I hope that my application can now be formally approved?

The registration has been completed. I hope you can now complete your sale/purchase
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JJA80
    JJA80 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    JJA80. I thank you for your many replies, they sustained me over a long period. Sadly, late last week my buyer finally lost their buyer and as a result I lost my long awaited home in sheltered housing to another buyer. My buyer immediately put his house back on the market and still hopes to buy my house, especially as the long awaited Adverse Possession application has now been approved. All I can do is hope another suitable property comes up for sale in the not too distant future.

I now understand how complicated land registration is and how many complex legal issues are involved, I suspect you are short staffed and working under considerable pressure and I appreciate the courtesy and compassion shown to me. Sadly all your efforts were just hours too
    late.
  • 1socrates1
    1socrates1 Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My solicitor has apparently submitted an application to register, on my behalf. the lease extension. He says this could take around 6 months or potentially more to come back. Does this sound like a correct turnaround time frame?

Thanks
  • Land_Registry
    edited 28 May 2019 at 11:11AM
    Options
    JJA80 wrote: »
    JJA80. I thank you for your many replies, they sustained me over a long period. Sadly, late last week my buyer finally lost their buyer and as a result I lost my long awaited home in sheltered housing to another buyer. My buyer immediately put his house back on the market and still hopes to buy my house, especially as the long awaited Adverse Possession application has now been approved. All I can do is hope another suitable property comes up for sale in the not too distant future.

I now understand how complicated land registration is and how many complex legal issues are involved, I suspect you are short staffed and working under considerable pressure and I appreciate the courtesy and compassion shown to me. Sadly all your efforts were just hours too
    late.

I am really sorry to read that your chain 'broke' just before the registration was completed.
    As you mention the registration process re such claims can be a complicated one but in this example the resource/pressure issue wasn't the problem. I mention it not to cause any additional stress/upset but merely to highlight the fact that in less straightforward registrations there is a complexity and responsibility that can delay matters.

The application was received on 15th Feb and considered on the 23rd Feb. The registration process then clicked in as we needed to survey the site and then had to contact the KCC re the claimed land. In hindsight if the claim had not included that extra land the registration may have been completed in late March.

I hope another property does come up for sale soon and you are able to complete in a more timely fashion
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    1socrates1 wrote: »
    My solicitor has apparently submitted an application to register, on my behalf. the lease extension. He says this could take around 6 months or potentially more to come back. Does this sound like a correct turnaround time frame?

Thanks

Most solicitors will quote that time frame in my experience. The current average is around 4-5 months but that is very much an average so some may take longer or be completed sooner as a result
  • 1socrates1
    1socrates1 Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    Most solicitors will quote that time frame in my experience. The current average is around 4-5 months but that is very much an average so some may take longer or be completed sooner as a result

Thank you for the reply.
  • JJA80
    JJA80 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    JJA80. Although the delay in not being able to proceed with my purchase was the cause of the broken chain the loss of my purchase was entirely caused by me not being told that my front garden and access was unregistered when I purchased and the problems that would cause on re-sale. I’m certainly not blaming Land Registry, KCC, my conveyancer, my agent or my buyer whose house is now back on the market and still hoping to buy my house. I was already on borrowed time when the AP application was sent to you in February. My buyer’s buyer was very patient and I only missed out by a few days. At least I now know my front garden is registered and there shouldn’t be any more problems in future, I’m just hoping I’ll get another chance to move to the sheltered housing development and my buyer can buy my house soon. I’ve regularly acknowledged the speed of your responses and marvelled at the complexity of the land ownership, all previously a mystery to me. Thank you.
  • Kentlife
    Kentlife Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Land registry

I am waiting on a correction to be made to marry up the correct lease between my title K896498 and that of a neighbour K896779. I understand that permission has been received from the banks who have charges over our properties to proceed.

Is there any update against my title and a view of timescales to make the corrections.

kent life
  • jimjones235
    jimjones235 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Hi land registry

Have some questions over a deed of rectification:

Background: property was built on a small estate several years ago, there were some omissions on the original tp1. The developers still own the title for the estate. We now want rectify the issues in the tp1, the developers are in agreement. So a new deed was drawn up, and the developers have signed it.

The problem is, that the structure of the developers organisation has changed, the original tp1 was signed by company A, company A is still registered at companies house, and is still listed on the title for the estate, but the company is now dormant and has no employees. Everyone who worked for company A was transferred into company a's parent company, company b. Company b owns company a 100%. The deed of rectification was signed by the directors of company b, on the basis that company a is dormant. Our concern is that the land registry will reject the deed on the basis that the original deed was under company A and the rectification under company b, but the developers are saying this will be fine because company b own company a and nobody can sign for company a as it's dormant. Please can you advise on what the land registry will accept, do we need some sort of letter of authority? would you flat out reject it if the names are different? Or should we submit it anyway, and let you guys sort it through the requisition process?
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi land registry

Have some questions over a deed of rectification:

Background: property was built on a small estate several years ago, there were some omissions on the original tp1. The developers still own the title for the estate. We now want rectify the issues in the tp1, the developers are in agreement. So a new deed was drawn up, and the developers have signed it.

The problem is, that the structure of the developers organisation has changed, the original tp1 was signed by company A, company A is still registered at companies house, and is still listed on the title for the estate, but the company is now dormant and has no employees. Everyone who worked for company A was transferred into company a's parent company, company b. Company b owns company a 100%. The deed of rectification was signed by the directors of company b, on the basis that company a is dormant. Our concern is that the land registry will reject the deed on the basis that the original deed was under company A and the rectification under company b, but the developers are saying this will be fine because company b own company a and nobody can sign for company a as it's dormant. Please can you advise on what the land registry will accept, do we need some sort of letter of authority? would you flat out reject it if the names are different? Or should we submit it anyway, and let you guys sort it through the requisition process?

We can't advise until the application is made and considered. If they believe that they can legally rely on completing it that way then they will need to submit supporting evidence to demonstrate how.

The issue appears to be what is meant by 'dormant' in company law. If that means that it's simply done nothing but can be 'woken up' then that is usually what is legally required.

If they mean it's been wound up, dissolved and the assets now lie with the parent company that is something else.

So it's legal advice you need on what has happened to the company and whether the parent company can now act as the legal owner for example
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback