PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Sally_Forth
    Sally_Forth Posts: 43 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JJA80 wrote: »
    JJA80. <snipped> Sadly, late last week my buyer finally lost their buyer and as a result I lost my long awaited home in sheltered housing to another buyer.
    So sorry to hear that JJA80, I'd been following your story and had hoped it would all work out in the end.
    I hope you find somewhere else suitable soon.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,817 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kentlife wrote: »
    Hi Land registry

I am waiting on a correction to be made to marry up the correct lease between my title K896498 and that of a neighbour K896779. I understand that permission has been received from the banks who have charges over our properties to proceed.

Is there any update against my title and a view of timescales to make the corrections.

kent life

Looks like we've contacted both solicitor's on 28th May asking for more. Once received it will need to be considered again.
    It's far from a routine application but hopefully not too much further to go
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jimjones235
    jimjones235 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We can't advise until the application is made and considered. If they believe that they can legally rely on completing it that way then they will need to submit supporting evidence to demonstrate how.

The issue appears to be what is meant by 'dormant' in company law. If that means that it's simply done nothing but can be 'woken up' then that is usually what is legally required.

If they mean it's been wound up, dissolved and the assets now lie with the parent company that is something else.

So it's legal advice you need on what has happened to the company and whether the parent company can now act as the legal owner for example

Unfortunately, we have two totally opposing legal opinions on what the land registry will and won't accept.

The company is dormant, not dissolved (as per companies house criteria), which means it still has assets (the title for the estate being one) but files only limited accounts to companies house, and cannot make sales or spend money.
  • jimjones235
    jimjones235 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Double post
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My house is registered in my previous married name. After this divorce I reverted back to my maiden name and then remarried. How do I change the name linked to my home and what evidence is needed?
    Thanks
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Unfortunately, we have two totally opposing legal opinions on what the land registry will and won't accept.

The company is dormant, not dissolved (as per companies house criteria), which means it still has assets (the title for the estate being one) but files only limited accounts to companies house, and cannot make sales or spend money.

I sense you are beginning to answer your own question here as the assets of a company do not simply pass to a parent company. There may be something within their memorandum & articles of association or similar that allows the parent company to do as they are doing but that's where the legal advice comes in as it's company law you are considering.

From a registration perspective it's a company that goes into liquidation or which is dissolved which will lead to someone/some other company dealing with their assets
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Missu wrote: »
    My house is registered in my previous married name. After this divorce I reverted back to my maiden name and then remarried. How do I change the name linked to my home and what evidence is needed?
    Thanks

You can apply to update the register using form AP1 and submit that along with an official copy of your marriage certificate and decree absolute.

The name you wish to revert to must be identical to that shown in the marriage certificate and you should make it clear in the application that you are reverting to your maiden name
  • lordoftheundead
    Options
    Hi LR,

I was added to a title in which a deed of trust was drawn up, i beleive the solicitors used a TR1 form, is there anyway of confirming LR have this as it doesnt seem to be shown on the title deed? just 2 registered proprietors (who are also the trustees) thank you
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi LR,

I was added to a title in which a deed of trust was drawn up, i beleive the solicitors used a TR1 form, is there anyway of confirming LR have this as it doesnt seem to be shown on the title deed? just 2 registered proprietors (who are also the trustees) thank you

I'd suggest that you use our online contact form to submit the specific details and ask us to check if the TR1 was submitted for example or what applications have been made since you were added?
  • lordoftheundead
    Options
    Thank LR i shall do that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family