PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi POLLY, Hi Fuddley One, no I'm not back with Ruthie, the boys are fine now and back at nursery we're just busy. We had the house valued on Tuesday and got a welcome surprise so I've been online house hunting and making sure we're tidy now that I know the price band I can look in. Also continuing with the shedding of possessions to various charity shops and books too, sadly I won't take them all with us! will be reading along but may be missing occasionally if we find properties that are worth an actual visit, we can stay with Nell but might take a few days in a central hotel to the area we're thinking to go to and view any that come up to the spec! I've just started to believe we WILL make the move. so exciting!!! xxx.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2017 at 1:51PM
    Options
    At least you are ok Lyn. I'll take my foot off the worry accelerator now knowing you are just busy. This is such an exciting time for you all!

Candlelight. She's such a miss isn't she? She's always been there encouraging me even in some of my disappointing and immature online responses. I hope you're ok petal.

Ah Polly. I was a Liverpool supporter in my teenage years. I was heavily into football because I played (and was quite good... for a girl! back then girls weren't supposed to play football. No. No. No) my fav's were Steve McManaman and Jason McAteer but then the money guys came along and the game changed. I haven't took any notice of the game at all since I was about 20 but I still shock DH when I see one of the 'old guys' on the TV and start up a conversation about this or that. I knew my stuff and was never seen without my Liverpool Away sweats. So funny :D such a long time ago.

I'll be digging out my carer's clip to affix a handheld antibac gel to my troosers Polly! Is it a good idea to be amongst germs then Polly. Do you think I'm better off amongst it than protected from them at home? I ended up in hospital while being at home I suppose. And touch wood I still haven't got the family germs!
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Glad all is ok with you all Lyn . Very good news on the valuation and an excellent idea to book a room if you have a number of houses to view . The books are the hardest things to shed for me . I know it's the best time of all to be sending things to charity shops and I'm trying hard to let go . I know most of the content off by heart anyway so can't understand why I find it so hard . I keep remembering GQs signature for motivation but it doesn't always work .

Fuds Staying away from everything will leave you more vulnerable . Your husband and the girls will pick up things from time to time . It's a matter of choosing your exposure . DD has picked up a lot in the clinics ,hospitals and at the surgery but not always . If we're in a shop and hear someone coughing loudly we avoid . The hand foam we always carry is effective against bacteria and viruses and is used when we're out and about before and after touching trolleys , cash machines etc . We do try to withdraw cash over the counter in the bank as much as possible . It's more balancing things . I have perfected the art of opening doors with my elbow when at the surgery or visiting shops . You need to build up immunity but slowly and in a mindful way .

I really miss Candlelight she's so supportive with lots of empathy . She sent me a message a while back when I'd posted on another thread about finding it hard to find the right shade of grey paint as everyone I tried had the wrong tinge . She pointed me towards a paint her daughter has used and it was spot on .

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Pollyanna that did make me smile! King Kenny is still involved with the Hillsborough groups :) I haven't bought DH anything LFC for Christmas or birthday yet as haven't had chance to look, but may get him a new air freshener for his car!

Good house news Lyn, and Fuds I think getting out a little will help, and it is in an environment that you are familiar with too ;)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,662 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What excellent news on the house front Lyn, exciting times for sure x
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    It's all very positive here. It might sound odd but it feels nice and cosy here.

I've been south this week for a few days - my it was nippy in London. Bit of a shock to the system - we northerners have this belief that when you disembark the aircraft/train or whatever it will be at least 5 degrees warmer than when we left home. Sure wasn't the case this week so I had to wrap up and I probably walked more about than normal but it kept me warm.

Pollyanna - I love the idea of a full circle skirt - haven't had one in years. I like skirts which swish - I have full circle hips so would cover them nicely:)

Fuddle - I'm glad you are going to be at the shop, even if it is just a day. It's on your terms though and that's the main thing.

Exciting news on the house front Lyn. I can spend many happy hours looking at listings for sale and I'm not even buying!

Floss - I'm a massive footie fan, oddly hubby isn't. Sadly I'm a Glasgow Rangers fan so least said about our woes over recent years the better. I take great pride in the fact that even though The Scottish National football team are poor performers (that's the sanitised version of what I think) we do seem to be able to produce some very good managers. I watched a documentary on Bill Shankly last week - he was quite something.

Candlelight, Ivyleaf and AOT - if you are are reading I hope you are well. I also hope Hoglet is ok, seems such a long time since we have heard from her.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • Floss
    Options
    SM Shanks is a god at Anfield, as are King Kenny and Rafa :) I was an ambivalent watcher with ex-h, but my DH is a proper passionate fan ;)
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Floss I see we will finally get the last Car Share episode next year and PK is doing live tours too . Manchester and Liverpool included . I bet those tickets sell out as soon as they're available .

SM Lovely to know you are a fellow skirt swisher . I thought it was just me .

Have a good day all .

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Floss
    Options
    PK auctioned 100 tickets for a gig in Blackpool yesterday - raising £633,000+ for Children in Need
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2017 at 1:01PM
    Options
    Did I read you right? Is PK doing more car shares??

I've had a bit of a terrible morning I'm afraid. MIL has been arranging to take my two DD's Christmas shopping via texts to eldest. Eldest informed me that Gran would be here in half an hour to pick them up. I was non the wiser. As DH was fishing I called MiL. I held it together but everything came out. It was difficult to get my point across because everything I was raising was met with 'you're just too sensitive'. I won't stand by while I am being disrespected as the parent of a 13 and a 9 year old. They are not old enough to liaise with and they certainly don't have the ability to tell me they are going somewhere. I'm cross beyond cross. I have explained my position with Jones and she admitted that she hasn't even told Jones that I know that she was talking Ill of me in front of the girls. Alot came out, respectfully and with maturity, and it has been building for years. She has been a support to me but there has been an awful lot of niggles that just have built. I don't know where we will go from here because she was cross I had the nerve to disrespect her??? (I have the right at 38 to say when she's crossed the line surely) and that I have ruined the day for the girls who will now have to have shopping vouchers for Christmas. I called DH afterwards and he didn't know either. He hates confrontation with people but he's got my support in everything I have said. He will call her when he gets in tonight.

I don't tolerate fools at all and unfortunately I am not the type of person who can be around false relationships. I'm past being hurt. I feel I am the one who has been disrespected. I won't ever stop the girls from seeing her but it will be on my terms from now on. I can't actually function today because I'm wracked with negative emotion. I just can't believe what has happened really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure