PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• scottishminnie
    Options
    Great news Fuddle. I'll send vibes out for cold weather - I'd take it over damp warm weather anytime. The cattle are mostly inside now and they pick up every bug going if it's not nippy cold most of the time.

Lyn - sending positive thoughts your way too for little Orley.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done FUDDS thank heavens for common sense and effective treatments, 'tuned in ' consultants and your dogged determination to get to the bottom of things, brilliant news!

We're just back home, Orley is looking much better, yesterday was a hard one for me as he was fine in the morning and went down for his sleep after lunch but when he woke up he was really unhappy and I thought it was his teeth (perpetual teething and no teeth yet, normal for a cleft baby) but he was just tired and I misinterpreted, got quite worried but all was well when Dad and Ezra got home baby was bathed, given milk and flat asleep by 6.30. Had a lovely morning with the boys and Ru this morning, she took us out for lunch and we drove back (very slowly, congestion on Fridays is dire!) and arrived here about half an hour ago. Fire lit, tea drunk and me relaxed for the first time since Tuesday. Sadly the house we viewed although lovely inside and very well kept had a very small garden despite the estate agents pictures and was on a corner of two roads, it also had no rear access except through the house so not for us. The search goes on!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2017 at 8:14PM
    Options
    A rested a recuperated little man but I don't think the same can be said about his Oma. You must have been beside yourself fearing he may have took a step back. Misinterpreted due to the amount of love me thinks Lyn, bless you.

It has been really cold here. The wind was biting today. My knees upwards were red when I got home and changed. I'm going to put leggings underneath from now on.

I have lost half a stone since I left hospital. :D I had my last acid suppressing tablet on Monday and haven't felt the need to have any more so they're gone for me now. I did get worried yesterday as I thought I could taste acid in my mouth... turns out raw spinach is renowned for it's metallic taste. I hadn't a clue. I'm 38. What a wally!

DH is going to help me on the plot tomorrow. I'm loathed to accept help but I have a rubbish pile (not mine - what I've accumulated from clearing the plot) to sort and then dig the final bed when it's cleared. He's going to mark out where the shed is going to go and I'm going to weed and sort netting for the few spring cabbages I have in. It's going to be glorious sunshine but very cold. This is the last push and after that it's 'titivating' and adopting the no dig method!

On the afternoon I am meeting with my Dad's two sisters. You might remember we haven't seen each other between when dad died and when mam died but although one lives in Tenerife this will be the 4th time I have seen her this year and the other I saw at Mam's funeral and she has come up from Devon to visit me and my sister. It will be the first time since childhood that we have seen them together!

My sister is being a bit of a nightmare with this new fascination of sending me pictures of yummy bakes knowing fine well I'm strictly meat, fish, veg, fruit and coconut milk. Whether she's doing it subconsciously or consciously there's no excuse really she should have more gumption. I'm not doing this for vanities sake. This is motivated by worrying about my ill health and no amount of sugar or cream will detract from that. My willpower is like steel.

And that my friends is whistle stop tour of my week. :)
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not visited this thread for a little while, and am so pleased to hear you're so much better fuddle :T

Sorry to hear the house wasn't suitable Lyn. The right one is out there somewhere!
  • fuddle
    Options
    Evening all. :)

I'm just dropping in to let you know all is OK. DH and youngest have had 3 days of coughs and colds. I had 24 hours if feeling not quite right but touch wood I hope I have kicked it's bottom. It may be too early for it to have got to me anyway but I've worked hard on building myself up and I'm positively thinking!

You might be aware that over the years I have stripped my make up right back to just foundation and mascara. Today was the start if no make up at all. I'm ashamed to say I struggled being on show and didn't enjoy it at all and I know in the summer I will have a white patch of vitiligo showing round my left eye but quite honestly I grew up with my mam having much worse all over her body so that doesn't bother me, it's just the questioning that will bother me as I don't like comments about my person. I'm comfortable being under the radar so to speak. I'm back to olive oil for face cleansing and coconut oil as moisturiser. There's something telling me that coconut oil is naturally a factor 4 sunscreen so I'm off for a surf to see if I recall correctly.

My diet is going great guns. I've had no acid/heartburn episodes since coming off omeprazole last week. I've lost 8.5 lbs now and I had the respiratory consultant letter to the GP drop through the door this morning... my normal range spirometry test of lung function was 97%. I'll take that :D they've been through the ringer! I do diaphragmatic breathing each night so I'll keep that up.

The allotment is almost ready. My brassica bed has a nice new netted structure consisting of water pipe hoops, canes and cable ties.

How ius everyone? We had snow on the hill for half an hour yesterday. Anyone else manage to see some flakes?
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    No snow yet Fuds but two frosty mornings and a few bitterly cold days . Today was slightly less cold but temperature is dipping again tonight . We seem to have shot towards winter since the clocks went back . I seem to be putting the lights on much earlier than normal for November .
    Things sound to be falling into place for you and much more positive compared to a short while ago . Hope your husband and the girls feel better soon . I'm still not right following the Super virus , over three weeks now and still tired and pretty wiped out .
    Regarding going bare faced just do what's right for you . At the end of the day it's your life so live it your way . So much has changed as you've learned what is important in your life and you've worked long and hard to tackle your health issues . You're a strong woman and just do what feels right XXXX

Hope everyone's ok . SM I can recommend Brora . The amount of fabric in my liberty skirt is amazing . It's actually a full circle if you lay it out flat . I only ever made two circular skirts a long time ago and vowed never again . Hemming was a nightmare . I couldn't have bought the fabric alone for this skirt for much less than the ready made item . It's a warm jersey fabric ideal with opaque tights and either my knee length or ankle boots .

Take care all and stay warm .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All still ok here Polly, we have just got in as have been out to watch nephew play football, the FA Youth Cup. Unfortunately his side lost but one very proud Auntie watching him play in Cambridge colours :T
    It didn't feel as cold today as yesterday but after two hours sitting on a cold, plastic seat am pleased to be home and just as pleased that I popped an extra pair of socks on, hate cold feet!
    Well done on the weight loss Fuddle, obviously the eating regime is working well and having a positive effect, I wear very little make up but do use foundation as self conscious about my rosacea, good for you in having the courage to go 'bare'.
    Life is poodling along nicely, Lulu continues to be such a joy and is gradually letting me see more of her personality, they say it takes two years before you have truly bonded with a horse but we are rubbing along well so far :D
    Hope all are well, am off to make a HWB and head to Bedfordshire, much love x
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pollyanna I agree with having to put the lights on unusually early for November! We've had some lovely sunny days, but recently it often gets overcast during the afternoon and looks very dark and gloomy.
  • fuddle
    Options
    Well done that young man playing his football Lainey.

When DD and I walk through the town after school we can see in the shops as they're lit up because it's duller outside. It won't be long before we're getting back home and it's set in dark.

Lyn, are you ok? You're too quiet! Quick hurry reply here before you get a fuddled text message! :D

I have a bit of news. You know my aunties came to see us together at the weekend? Well one, when she lived here, used to volunteer for one of the charity shops that I did. I already knew that but then I found at that my grandma also volunteered in one of the shops too. It struck a chord.ans I felt a real need to go back. I have been tending to stick with my recluse mentality this past year and my aunties can see that a mile off. They hardly know me but they know me very well because I am very much like them. That was a shock - to be kindred spirits with some people. The whole thing overwhelms me in a good way.

So I have been in the shop this.morning. It took a lot of my nerve and some embarrassment but I'm going back, one day a week starting tomorrow. I have explained that I can't say no to being asked to help out.more and it's to my detriment of I take on too much. I'm not going to be asked at all. My day is my day. I hope that is stuck to because if I feel pressured again I will have to think of myself.

I am worried about picking up bugs. I am really worried but then I think that I can't hideaway. I have to try and live a bit of a life eh? So I'd best go do some housework as I'm busy tomorrow! :D
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Lainey well done to your nephew to get that far is good . I couldn't sit on those seats nowadays . I would only go back to Old Trafford nowadays if I could have one of the big padded ones next to Sir Alex!
    Lovely to see the lovely Lulu is coming along well .

Fuds That's a positive step going to the charity shop and lovely to hear about your aunts . You'll never push yourself beyond your sensible limit again so it could help you engage with the community and do something good for others .
    You need to strengthen your immunity in a careful measured way . DD is medically immune suppressed so it's a bit of a balancing act . A day each week at the shop should help , just run for the hills if anyone coughs and sneezes without a handkerchief .

I'm thinking Lyn may have had to go back to Ruthies . It isn't like her not to be here even if she or HWK are ill .

Hope all is well with you and yours ivyleaf . I've decided November is a month we should be able to hibernate through .

For Floss to make you giggle . Last night I sat with my finger poised over the buy button trying to bring myself to order the Kenny dvd to send to middle daughter who has big life changing decisions to make over the next few months . I've never bought anything related to the club although my three eldest are life long Liverpool fans (twas fun in this house in the past ) Only the memory of my son daring to walk into the shop at Old Trafford and buy me a life size Mark Hughes and Ole key ring which he then had to carry past his fellow drivers at the station made me press that button . I was thinking earlier Kenny was one of the really good guys who supported the families and survivors all those years until justice so I feel ok now .

Well I'll stop wittering , have a good day all .

If you ever read Candlelight hope all is well with you and himself and the rest of the family x

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport