PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did a blog post once about wanting a 3some, 1 man to steer the boat and 1 to do the locking. Then I could sit and read and drink a G&T!6

Reminds me of the trip up the Ashby. Me and Mrs m and a thumping big labrador lying on the bed between us! Couldn't move if I wanted to.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DH often has a threesome - him, me and the cat! Nearest he's ever gonna get to
    2 p u s s i es in bed ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hubby goes to bed covered in p u s s y too - 4 of em :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2018 at 5:43PM
    Options
    I'm impressed with his stamina Islandmaid ;)nudge nudge wink wink

Softstuff - yup Seagulls are total sh*t machines! Did laugh even though I've had to construct what I call a Sh*t sheet to go on my spray hood to stop the seagulls using it as a convenient toilet!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Just caught up! It has snowed all day again and I think I need somebody up here with huskies and a shovel. And I seem to have et all the sweeties from Sainsbugs. :eek:
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    I'm impressed with his stamina Islandmaid ;)nudge nudge wink wink

Not to put down my darling man, he is normally snoring whilst the cats steal heat from him :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I knew I forgot something. MMF007 talking about your rugs, you reminded me of an Aunt I had. She would buy a new carpet, cut the old one up and bind the edges. Then she would cover the carpet in the old bits where the heavy traffic was plus a huge hearth rug then she put all the furniture back. When she had finished you could not see the new carpet. It would emerge 20 years later from under all the mats full of holes. Take it from me it does not stop them wearing out underneath the rug.

She also had a big roll of felt with a leatherette top on it which went on the table, she wrapped off cuts from it round the legs to stop us kids from kicking the table legs, an old bedspread went over my uncles chair so he did not mark it when he came in from work, he was a lorry driver and often came in with oil on his overalls. He had to have newspaper over the tablecloth so he did not mark it.

After he had his tea he went and got washed and changed. Then he had to stand on newspaper to take his overalls off. She then put them is a bucket of soapy water. He had to have clean overalls every day. I will think of you as Auntie Rene from now on.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You'll never believe this but my gran was called Rene (Irene), although that was her middle name, everyone called her Rene or Renie!). In my defence I only have a small rug in the LR, one on our tiny landing and a runner in the bedroom. My mum was of the school of thought that if you had a nice table you covered it up to stop it getting damaged. I pointed out that she may as well have hardboard as a table because we never saw the beautiful top. She has finally uncovered it but we are threatened with death if we scratch it!!

Softstuff, I'll look into posting a pic of my painting efforts. Don't get too excited, the only reason I go on about them is that I am amazed they don't all look like a 2 year old did them (some do, though!). I have no talent, just ocassionally manage to produce something that is not embarassing. That is not false modesty, I have had to chuck a lot of stuff. Most people in the classes I went to were very talented and even sold their work. I am in awe of them. It is a special thing, to have a creative gift. I am just delighted that I have improved, even though it was a very low starting point :rotfl: and I love using colours. I want to find more time to practice :D

Oh, and can you all stop the smutty innuendos? I spat tea all over the place when I read your 3 in a bed stories!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Norty lot:rotfl:
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I did a blog post once about wanting a 3some, 1 man to steer the boat and 1 to do the locking. Then I could sit and read and drink a G&T!6

I've probably mentioned this before but i once spent a week on a canal boat with 10 men - and no other women..:cool:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    I've probably mentioned this before but i once spent a week on a canal boat with 10 men - and no other women..:cool:

Soooo. ......, it was either really good or REALLY bad!? And smelly!!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure