PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Marie I never knew you were in Kildare . All four of my grandparents came from Wexford and Kilkenny to England .

Well I'm logging out . I've done it once earlier and monna will be telling me off tomorrow .

Night , night all polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    NM It does look nice . Maybe this will be the end of the search . Good luck .

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pandamonium
    pandamonium Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing much to report here. Had a cold all weekend, which I have treated in a natural way with chocolate (I read somewhere that it eases coughing) and whisky mac, which my Dad swears by. Hopefully I'll feel more like a human being tomorrow.

Big welcome to all the new posters.

SilverOldie, I echo everything that has already been said. Please keep posing here. I'm another who doesn't really have friends in real life. Judging by the replies there are a fair few of us in the same boat, so maybe you have found home.

Panda x
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marie I never knew you were in Kildare . All four of my grandparents came from Wexford and Kilkenny to England .

Well I'm logging out . I've done it once earlier and monna will be telling me off tomorrow .

Night , night all polly

It's officially tomorrow now and I'm telling you off.

Cranky, you've entered the really tetchy, very smelly, primitive man stage..Deep joy! All conversation will be conducted in grunts, in time "I dunno" will be as sparkling a conversation as youll get, the bedroom will become an odiferous tip with science experiments going on, on plates pushed under the bed, and you will wonder where all the glasses and mugs have gone. They will also be in the pig sty/bedroom covered in a thick film of mould. If you are really unlucky he will try his hand at interior decor and his tastefully chosen curtains will disappear and be replaced with black bin bags drawing pinned across the windows. Take heart though. He will soon discover g i r l s. Then he will spend an hour every morning washing his hair. Nothing below the neck, you understand, but the hair will be sparkling. And strange.
    There. Don't you feel bitter? I mean better?

Oh, how I love offering encouraging and cheering advice about things I am glad I never have to experience again.

Now I'll try for a couple more hours sleep.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Gosh I've missed you lot , hope your all well and as wonderful as always. Had to take some time out to gather everything together ,count to 10 and move on . At the point now of the first bit of divorce almost back from the court, now trying to agree to finance bit or go to court , wait and see . House is on the market , just , fingers crossed someone will make me a offer ,as need to get out asap, haven't found anywhere yet ,but sure it will be ok . Just have lots to sort out still , kids are doing ok ish , 3mw took them out to the pictures yesterday , first time he's done anything in 4 mth , joke really , exam stress and everything going on has been so hard for them ,but we are getting there .
    The running is still going on day 186 now of running everyday , done 294 miles this year so far,so on target for 1000mile in the year . And I've put a bit weight back on , so look a bit more healthy .
    Sleeping still an issue , but I suppose may get better ,sometime.
    Sending hugs to everyone xxxx
    £223/ £250 GC
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »

Silver oldie. I have deliberately left you till last. I have been following you for a while on the daily thread. Let me tell you this. When I read your signature I broke down in tears. I was in a complete emotional mess at the time and I knew that you would understand. Dear Silver oldie, you have come home. The folk here are the most precious friends you could possibly find. You will never be alone again. Promise.
    We will talk more, not now or I will be thrown off the forum and my poor fingers will give up in exhaustion.

It's really to late now for a THOUGHT FOR TODAY isn't it? Oh well, go on then. Just a shorty.

Sleep in peace tonight.

I have tears running down my face as I read all your kind words.
    Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Cocketts
    Cocketts Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hewo!!! Iz mey anitz nys tew kum heer 'gen!!! Anti Wulfi Ize yer frend. Ize aways heer fer lisnin anna likkin ver fayse anna waggin a taiw!!! mine eerz is orwayz bein bent 'coz I'za gud lysna an Eye luvs yew!!! pleez tewl vat nyse Siwva Owdie ladey vat I'ze hur frend tew, fer ver likkin an awl vat an yf shey tawks ter mey eye wiw arwayz bee lysnin 'cos eye luvz hur tew, I luvz orl uv yew, yer frend Docky xxxxx.

Newcomers will think we've gone mad:rotfl:
    I, however, could read every word:T
    Bless the gorgeous Docky - we all miss him xxx
    Lilli
    Everything will be alright in the end - and if it's not alright, it's not the end ........
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mehefin, the Ashby is beautiful but a bit shallow for our deep draught.

Cranky, I have two that only spoke in grunts, they are now 30 & 40 and both are now fully articulate.

Burtha, nice to see you, you are doing great. My ex has just been to Spain for a month and it rained every day, oh dear what a shame! Bitter, moi?

CHS has decided it would be a good idea if we washed our clothes by hand, I suggested he foxtrot Oscar, he assured me that he intended to wash his own clothes whilst I washed mine. Yeah, like the coal bucket that he thinks he fills daily, it's actually filled by the coal fairy, aka me!

Cars in the garage today, the brakes are making a nasty noise, more money, hey ho.

Having twittered on and bored you senseless I'll leave you in peace now for a while.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wye iz yew knot beein abew ter reed Lurcha? yew humins iz 'post tew bee kleva! Iz reeli ezi 'coz yew sez yt lyke iz sowndin, Ize yewsyn ikkwe wurdz tew mayk yt ezi few yew xxx.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Heaven's burtha, am I glad to hear from you! Things seem to grind on slowly for you but at least things are moving. It must seem endless now but in time to come you will look back and think, "Well, it was only X months, why was I so concerned?" But that is with hindsight, which, as we all know, is a wonderful thing.
    When the brighter days come everything will look brighter. Selling the house is going to be stressful, buying another will be joy-making and the first big step into your new life. Oh, burtha, I will pray that it is not too hard for you.
    Good that you are still running, I know how important it is for you. Even better that you have put on a bit of weight, if you want a bit of mine just say the word. You must have seen how worried we've been about your health. The sleep will sort itself out when you are happier and more settled.
    3mw is maintaining his usual uselessness I see. Never mind, he will soon be history and then the hurt will slowly begin to fade. It won't be a quick thing but it will happen. There are plenty of us on here who can testify to that, and we love you.

Silver oldie, you are now officially one of us and I think that I can speak for everyone when I say that we are more than friends, we are family. Better than family actually, as you can opt out any time you please and no umbrage taken.
    Dear soul, we are here 24 hours a day if you feel ,Ikea bit of company . Only my tablet could translate 'like a' into 'Ikea'. If you feel like having a moan or are desperately worried about something or if you have good news that you are desperate to share, there will soon be someone along to share it with you.
    If you have a problem there will be 101 solutions and offers of help, sensible or not. You have been warned.

Hopefuljoy, did I detect a more positive note in your last post? I do hope so. You have nothing to lose but your stress and unhappiness. Money? Pouff! That's doable and under your control.and there are plenty of hints and tips here for extracting the most out of every penny.

nursemaggie, I did hope you would get that flat. It seemed so perfect. But it was obviously not meant to be. Would there be another one in the same community at some point do you think? Still, there seem to be plenty of flats available if you can find one in the right location. Anything, ANYTHING, has to be better than what you are putting up with at the moment.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Blessed are the Gypsies the makers of Music, the Artists, Writers, dreamers of dreams, Wanderers and Vagabonds, Children and Misfits: for they teach us to see the World through beautiful eyes.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills