PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fuddle, I was not allowed to take art to O level cos I was rubbish! I have no talent at all. Last year, on a whim and because it included drinks and nibble and I was on holiday, I attended an acrylics class. I decided before I went that my aim was just to paint beautiful colours!!
    I had a great time, produced a very out-of-perspective but pretty good coloured picture and got the bug!
    I took a few lessons but RL got in the way. Hope to pick them up again this year.
    I have done 2 pictures that pass muster, the rest are poor :rotfl:
    But do you know what? I love doing it. I adore the colours and I have been able to improve my early attemps, on rare occasions! I shall keep at it. I know i will never be good but little triumphs along the way are a real boost and just learning some thing new and having a play with colour and texture are such fun :j

More importantly, good luck with the school appeal!!

Monna I feel exhausted just thinking about your day.

Babs - :rotfl:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fuddle fingers crossed for DD - that's an awful lot of time for her to lose.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • babs_103
    babs_103 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    babs, you lucky girl that I know my tablets devious mind. It thinks your name is 'bags.'
    The one thing we've always wanted on this thread is a scrubber. The job's yours!

Well I'm old so the bag name is proberly right for me :D
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

Illegitimi non carborundum

GNU Terry Pratchett

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Life does keep throwing things at me at the moment.

None at the moment are life and death but 'stuff' that needs to be dealt with and are a bit more than merely a 'pain in the arris'. Additionally we have two rooms being decorated at the same time - they are adjoining and both need carpeting so might as well be decorated together... Which mean there is an awful lot of stuff stacked around the rest of the house - especially as one is the study.

At least life is never dull, eh?
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    karcher - What Floss said.

babs :rotfl:

fuddle I hope you win the appeal and that your asthma appointment goes well xx

monnagran your Today's thought is particularly apt for you this morning, eh? hope the viewing goes well. Did you get around to cleaning the Venetian blinds? x

VJsmum ((HUGS))

nursemaggie Thinking of you xx
  • cbsexec
    cbsexec Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thank you all for giving me such an enjoyable half hour reading about the cruise plans. I love it!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    Oh I have finished at last. I have only been missing 3 days and you lot have been round the world. I think I know how I get deleted now. I clicked to go back and thank those who had posted while I was writing, nothing happened so I think I must have deleted my reminder.

Welcome all the newbies, loved the 3 1/2 year old leaving home I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

fuddle I hope your appeal for DD goes OK.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,435 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I'm back !
    Did you miss me ? No I don't suppose you did :D.
    I've been on a hush, hush recce mission :silenced:. I've had to suffer all sorts if horrible stuff in a 5 :staradmin hotel on a mini break. They even had the audacity to upgrade us to the Ambassador's suite and then to insult to injury, also leave a complimentary bottle of wine ( and it was the good stuff ;) ). The food was fabulous dah-links, but I did my utmost to try all the pastries and desserts so that I know what to expect on the cruise. The only conclusion that came to me was that we will need a personal trainer on board to get rid of the few extra pounds accrued from the lovely food we shall have. ( personally I would just like to look at him. so please make sure he's fit, for purpose that is :rotfl: )
    Unfortunately I woke on Monday morning with an allergic shiner ( I had to g00gle that ) but I still don't know what started it off. Looked like DH had clocked me one :eek:. So I'm on anti histamines :(.
    Karcher hope you are ok at work, try and take things easy if you can.
    MrsL I'm very happy that you decided to stay. Things wouldn't be the same without you. :T
    Fuddle I have been reading along about your trials and tribulations with life, long before I plucked up the courage to start posting. I shall cheer you on in your next " fight " with the schools authority. You have my full support.
    I am sending hugs to all those who are in need, whether through sadness, illness or just :mad: at life in general. Take care all.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you're enjoying the thread, cbsexec :) Would you like to join us when we set off? You can even sit in the crow's nest if you like? :D

Glad to see you nursemaggie, I was a bit worried about you.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fuddle good luck with the appeal.

And no we won't set sail without you!! The very thought..you are coming whether you like it or not :)

Nannywindow I missed you and glad you had a good time seeing how the other 'arf live ;)

nursemaggie good to *see* you, I wondered where you were hiding.

Just a quick lean over the garden fence as my bed beckons soon. I have eaten some of the slop I made the other night and pudding was toast and marmalade..I am rather tired so I will be adjourning to my bed soon even though it is early...goodness knows I need some beauty sleep!!

Hope everyone else is ok and Monna I hope the viewing was successful xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family