PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If she doesn't behave we'll have to send the hefferlump to be a doorstop and make him sit against the front door to stop her from opening it until the eating is done!

Look after yourself love, be kind to Karcher, hugs xxx.

Burtha I'm not going anywhere girlie, all better now and finished and walked away from, thank you for caring and all my other friends who have been so very kind xxx.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    Wot they said Karcher - you only have one body, you need to look after it x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry :o

Please don't make me feel bad, I just don't want to lose my job :o
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you're ok karcher, but you must do nothing when you're not at work apart from eat well.

Glad you're still with us MrsLW.

Well, anyone know when we set sail? I think I should let work know I may be off for a while! Can I bring a couple of the dinner ladies? They cook really well and are a great laugh.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Karcher only you know your situation, but if you HAVE to go into work, then please eat well and rest when you are not there xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Karcher, please look after yourself, rest as much as poss and do eat something!

Speaking of sick notes - I remember getting chicken pox from DH. I rang work to tell them and they needed a sick note if more than 5 days off. I duly rang the docs and told them I was covered in pox and still had a raging temp (I hallucinated that Darth Vader was standing in my living room at one point!,). They told me to go to the surgery. Really? What if I am stil infectious? Oh, just sit in the corner. !!!
    I had to walk the mile and a half cos DH was at work and there is no bus. By the time I got there I was drenched in sweat. Doc gave me the sick note and I struggled home again, itching like mad due to over heating.
    I do understand the need to verify sickness absence but it is ironic that it is a dratted nuisance to the genuinely sick but easy for the malingerer.

Anyhoo, today's painting is a colourful one - hibiscus flowers :D
    I have done the basic painting but I need to add a bit of depth and a few details. Wish me luck.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Well somebody woke up grumpy this morning, it was a mistake I should have left him to sleep.
    Still I've dropped him at work, rather than in the cut, which was very tempting!
    He can now be grumpy all day at work.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Do you paint MMF? I'm too self critical and have never finished anything other than my GCSE piece but I love water colours. Interestingly I choose a cottage with cottage garden to replicate for my GCSE piece. See, I've been an OSer at heart really - even as a stroppy 16 year old ;):p

I'm afraid I have had to drop my frugal ways as I sit typing to you all whilst sat in Greggs supping a hot chocolate. I know. But am I 'eck walking home just to turn around again for my asthma nurse appointment.

Good news though. I am, a year later, appealing the decision not to let DD go to the community school. I have a accrued a lot of evidence over the year and I have the strength to fight. I am leaving no stone unturned and I will do my best for DD, who wants the move. She worked out last night that I'd she went to the school over the road she would have 26 hours more free time every month. I am using the calculation as part of it but I have a lot more in terms of serious stuff. Anyway. I have been passed to the appeals officer and await a call. It's on!

Set sail without me you lot. You'd only have me scrubbing the decks! I'll wave you off with a whistle though... I promise not to get the flags out ;):p:D
  • babs_103
    babs_103 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck with your appeal fuddle, I did that years ago for my DS with help from my MP.

If fuddle is not coming, can I apply to be the scrubber pretty please? my CV of that will be in a plain brown envelope and left on the top of the main mast for your purusal.:o

xx
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

Illegitimi non carborundum

GNU Terry Pratchett

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    babs, you lucky girl that I know my tablets devious mind. It thinks your name is 'bags.'
    The one thing we've always wanted on this thread is a scrubber. The job's yours!

No time for much today. I really should check my emails before I go to sleep at night, then I would have known last night that I had a house viewing at midday today instead of finding out at 9o'clock this morning.

So today I not only have to make 60 brownies for lunch club tomorrow and shop for the ingredients, but I also have to make the house inspection-worthy.

It's fall-on-my-sword time.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Oh life is a glorious cycle of song,
    A medley of extemporanea;
    And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
    And I am Marie of Romania. (Dorothy Parker)
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family