PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always have to grin about Hester's ex throwing his briefcase at his barrister.

My ex went through so many solicitors that he ended up representing himself. This meant that my poor solicitor had to keep ringing him to tell him that he couldn't do what he was doing.

I can top Hester's story about her ex's present living conditions. I don't know how many bedrooms my ex's present abode contains, but it is many more than six. It also belongs to Her Majesty who is kindly paying for his food and the wages of his minders. She has promised to do this for 20 years, which as he is in his early 80s means that with a bit of luck and a following wind he will never breathe fresh air again.

wHo doesn't believe in Karma, or the wages of sin.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Blimey Monna and Hester I bet you can tell some tales!

Burtha and Jamanda's DD the courts will side with you as mothers and you should expect at least half of all assets including pensions..if not more than half.

Burtha I understand not wanting to let your feet touch the floor but I do worry for your health.

As for me, I had a bad night and whilst feeling a bit better I still feel rubbish.

Strength hugs and my thoughts with Burtha, Mardartha, Jamanda and her DD and anyone else in need.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all :wave: (((HUGS))) to everyone poorly or unhappy xx

MadamMim Thank you for your nice post :) You're welcome to join us (as are the other lurkers). As monnagran said, we can always budge up a bit to make room for more!

We were meant to go to a shoe shop in a nearby town to collect some boots I've ordered (I fell in love with them last autumn and decided they were too dear, but then they were half-price in the Sale :j) but the weather is so vile that we're staying home today, and will get the boots tomorrow. Apart from anything else, OH has a numb foot due to spinal problems, and tends to lose his balance when it's gusty.

I'm incredibly tired, and I don't know whether it's reaction after having finally laid my brother to rest, or the M.E., or something else. When we got back on Sunday there was a message on the phone asking me to make a routine appointment to see the GP, to discuss the results of the blood test I had before Christmas. It can't be too terrible or they'd have asked me to make an urgent appointment. :)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    My divorce cost me £8000, a ridiculous amount of money, but my ex spent £24,000 as he changed solicitors 3 times trying to find one that would do what he wished.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My divorce cost me £8000, a ridiculous amount of money, but my ex spent £24,000 as he changed solicitors 3 times trying to find one that would do what he wished.

That is what is so stupid about going to court in these instances...the only winners end up being the solicitors *sighs* what a waste of money!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Monna, Hester & Burtha - you do wonder what planet these selfish men live on.
    Mine accused me of having affairs - when I had a 6 month old & was pregnant with another! If I had the time or inclination lol. It was only so he could pretend his affair was justified. We both remarried - I did keep things cordial for my boys and their grandparents but as the boys grew up they realised he was a shallow man. Upshot was last year he had to confess to the boys that they had a half brother who was six weeks younger than my youngest son (who was six weeks premature!!) that he'd totally ignored (it wouldn't do for a fine upstanding member of the community and a Lodge Master would it?) as he'd bumped into his 'girlfriend' as was scared she's spill the beans to all and sundry - needless to say sometimes Karma takes a while but OH how satisfying it is! Bad Silva
    We are often so far into that dark tunnel its almost impossible to believe there is light let alone that we will see it,so huge hugs and healing vibes to all who are suffering
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ivyleaf when my GP asks me to make an urgent appointment no one know what it is for. There is never anything on my notes either the computer or my paper records. I have been to about 4 of them in the last two or three months.

I think they must be appointments the government tells them they have to do. They can always fit you in for these yet when you need one you have to wait anything from two to three months for the appointment.

The lady from Macmillan rang the council and asked them to look at my Housing Benefit again. I had written to them pointing out all of their errors. I have had it restored completely so I don't understand what all the threatening letters were about especially as they were sending them before it was possible to reply to the last one.

I guess I can relax now until March, End of the tax year, when they will look it it again and probably change it again. I understand why landlords do not like people with Housing Benefit. It must be terrible for people who have no savings, there is no way they can pay their rent when they do this.

When we were in West Sussex they used to take the back pay straight out of your bank account without telling you. I came out of hospital to find they had taken £3,500 out of my bank account, plus Council tax had also taken another £1,500 because DS had, had his 19th Birthday. They knew DS was still at collage. 6th form not uni.

I had thought this council were better they seemed so nice. It seems they can program their computer to take money out of the account they are putting it in and not bother to tell you. A letter did follow about a week later.

Glad you are stating to improve karcher, it will take a while. Flu is not the mild thing people think it is. Don't be in a rush to get out again when you do feel better. All of us who worry about you know it can be very serious.

monna Your two sound like my DS he told his dad what we should have but we did not get it. I had paid for it all. You cannot believe in karma and the wages of sin is death at the same time, one precludes the other.

Hugs to all who need them, take care ivyleaf we do not want you to go down with flu either. Stay away from Drs surgeries they are full of germs.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Magic Fencers, love & light to all of you xx
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    And to you Mar, thinking of you, hope everything is ok
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    nursemaggie, I have to say that in my ex's case the wages of his sins really was death. The death of everything he valued most, his freedom, his reputation, his standing in the community, his job as a university lecturer, his cultural life and most of all, his money. He is going to have to sell his house to pay his legal expenses.

So glad that the Macmillan folk have got a result for you over your housing benefit.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family