PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    burtha, I am horrified! How long can you keep this up? Listen to Granny Monna sweetie and cut yourself some slack or you are heading for a complete breakd down. Your poor children have already lost a father so they really don't need an exhausted, broken mother as well. My first reaction to your post was to rush up to wherever you are and look after YOU.

Dark and wet again today but that's OK, I'll be more than happy to stay in and edit till my eyes cross.

I hope those of you battling illness (you there karcher?) are feeling marginally better today.

We try to call in later on and interfere with someone else's life.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Sometimes success is getting the laundry into the dryer before the mildew sets in.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love Today's Thought, monna :) and it's so true!

Well done with the decluttering panda :T We certainly need to do some here, but it's tricky because OH gets very anxious about getting rid of anything.

burtha darling, monna is right. Please try to take some "me-time" where you're resting rather than running xx

wondercollie I hope you're enjoying work more now there are no night shifts! i don't envy you the cold weather though. But Spring is on its way :)

When we got back from our trip away to scatter my brother's ashes, our darling Goan neighbour made us a lovely curry so that I wouldn't need to cook :A I was going to go and see her yesterday afternoon....but I fell asleep in my chair for three hours :o I suppose I must have needed it though. My sister-in-law said she did exactly the same thing! It must be because we're finally able to relax after all the worry, so I hope VJsmum and MMF have relaxed too.

((HUGS)) to everyone :)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Burtha please contact the EA and ensure that you BOTH sign-off the details & sale price, just so that he can't sell from under your feet for less than he should...and also inform your solicitor & the mortgage company that the house is going on the market.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you, Ivyleaf - somewhat though there are going to be battles to be fought over Dad's house... but I am trying to cross that bridge when I get to it. Last night i dreamed that my siblings and i were in dad's (and mum's) house but they werent' there - I guess that is starting to move forward to acceptance...

Am more tuned in with work things now and my ability to concentrate is improved, though not perfect but i am conscious that it is still early days.

Burtha - agree with Monna, try to take care of you. You won't be any use to anyone if you are burned out.

karcher, hope there is marked improvement today.

On the train to London as part of the 'getting back into it' vibe. Don't seem to be working though :p

Monna - your TFTD reminded me of when my kids were babies; if i could get us all up, dressed and fed and do ONE other thing then it was a good day. The one thing might be putting washing in, the next day's thing being getting it out... :rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    monna

Just realised bedding is still in washing machine so going to sort it out now. :o

Half the bedding is now in the tumble drier and the other half is waiting its turn. The kitchen door is open and the burnt on soup pan is soaking :o:o

Having an incompetent day so decided to sit on my bum and watch NCIS for an hour and fold clean laundry in the advert breaks. It is surprising how much can get done in the breaks without getting overwhelmed.

karcher

Could you just use a couple of single sheets instead and drape them on the bed?

burtha

I don't want to nag but you are getting near to running on empty pet.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Burtha - could someone else help with the bar duty so you could get home earlier? As others have said we worry about you as you need your health and strength not only for you but your family too.
    A burned out Burtha is no good to anyone!!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry just skimming down the page. Had a horrible day yesterday and today not much better. Not going into it all now but I can say I saw at first hand just how crowded and chaotic our hospital wards are, lets put it that way. Add me to the vibes please Fencers lol - at this rate you'll be transmitting so many vibes they'll reach the outer limits of the galaxy :0
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mar Get Well Soon vibes heading to you and karcher
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So sorry you are ill mardatha I feel you need your full title today. I hope you feel much better tomorrow.

I wont send vibes I do not believe in them but I will remember you in my prayers.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mardatha

You have all the vibes I can manage pet. Fingers crossed I was wrong about lung problems and blood clots and even more fingers crossed that if I was not wrong at least things are being sorted out.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family