PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,199 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    9) Exciting day at Zip World with zip wires and trampolining in the cavern completed.

10) Indian takeaway

11) Lunch at cafe overlooking the white water rafting centre

12) Pizzas in Bala
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have been AWOL while we moved and on Thursday we got here into this beautiful house.

1) We moved, it was smooth and painless and worth all the preceding weeks entirely.

2) This house is beautiful, was spotlessly clean when we arrived and is going to be a joy to live in, I have inherited a Range Master Cooker in the kitchen too, JOY!!!

3) The people here say Hello in the mornings when you go to the shop for the paper, unheard of in Hampshire.

4) Walking round the lake in the town after we've finished the days jobs, it's pretty and wooded with lovely mature trees, has ducks and coots on it and decent sized fish in it, He Who Knows will be going to play with them very soon!

5) Being able to walk down a footpath from my house and be in the middle of the high street within 5 minutes, bliss!
  • Olliebeak1951
    Olliebeak1951 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 2 September 2018 at 10:35PM
    Options
    My five for today:

1. Church this morning and time for coffee and a catch up with other church members after the service.

2. Phone call on my way home. Local Costa Coffee to let me know that I'd won a prize in their recent raffle - a Costa Travel Mug. Not sure which one it is, as they seem to have quite a few in the range - but I'm delighted to have won something :j !

3. Feeling rather tired and managed an hour of peaceful sleep when I got home - woke up feeling quite refreshed.

4. A 'use-it-up' lunch - Potato Wedges from fridge (been soaking in water since Friday) with Gluten-Free Sausages and Mushy Peas from Freezer. Wedges done in Actifry sprinkled with Paprika, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper and some dried Garlic - very tasty ;)! OH very impressed :)! Left him a Ham Salad Sandwich for his Supper later :D.

5. Evening 'Healing' Service followed by Supper - but it wasn't 'Gluten Free', so I had a small salad that I'd taken with me.

6. Lift home off my lovely friend to save me having to get the bus - don't know what I'd do without this lady in my life!

7. Managed to keep away from Lidl this afternoon - so yet another No Spend Day :j

Isn't it funny how you don't always notice the 'blessings' in your life, until you start looking back at the end of the day and thinking about what you've done and who you've been with :T.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Folks,

Frith Zip World looks sooooo much fun!
    Mrs LW Good Luck in your new home. It sounds perfect for you.
    Ollie Well done on your win. Their travel mugs always look expensive and good quality, so hopefully it will be a good prize.

Yesterday

1. Stacked wood closer to the house in readiness for the colder weather. I would have preferred it to be stacked how I wanted it done, but DH knows best. (I will win next time ;)

2. Used the last of my WYS vouchers in Waities. Got shopping down to half price.

3. Middle Earth Festival with DH and DS2 and doggy. Lots of people dressed up, so people watching was good.

4. Steak and chips for tea. Last meal of the hols. With more HM Apple crumble.

5. Blackkklansman at the cinema with Sweet Sunday tickets. Very funny until the point when it wasn't. Very good.

Back to work today. Cupboards stocked. Slightly decluttered. Disappointed I have not been more productive with my hols. Generally unprepared. Feeling very anxious. Wish me luck :)

Have a lovely day :)
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 September 2018 at 8:22AM
    Options
    This weekend:

1) Managed to get lots done: house cleaned, car cleaned inside and out, shed reorganised, wiped MacBook Air - we're giving it to a friend whose moving to Asia with her non-profit organisation and will struggle to afford one, refilled car with AdBlue.
    2) Had a lovely elderly gentleman round for dinner on Sat - we always enjoy his company despite the 50 odd year age gap! He seemed to enjoy the menu which was mushroom bourgignon with rice and homegrown green beans and a rhubarb and gooseberry crumble (all fruit from our garden!)
    3) Lush lunch on Sunday. Found gyros vegan 'meat' and sriracha eggless mayo in Lidl and had a naughty kebab meal with loads of salad and HM chips. Were stuffed after, so skipped dinner.
    4) A hike locally. Only for a (very brisk paced) hour up and down steep hills in local woodland. Also had a bit of a run for part of it, just because we felt like it.
    5) Enjoying coffee and tea from our new (to us) mugs all weekend :)
    6) Rediscovering the library. DH is reading Big Pharma, I'm reading the Miniaturist
    7) Reading aforementioned books in our sunny garden
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,662 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your happiness positively bursts through your words Lyn so pleased for you x

Sunday pleasures,

Not a pleasure as such when the alarm went off at 6am but best bit? I was off to Burghley Horse Trials for the day :j

Good journey and a quick pit stop for coffee and breakfast.

The beautiful, beautiful talented horses, stunning.

My fellow visitors were more keen on the retail therapy than watching the sport but I took myself off by myself and found a good spot to watch.

The weather was fine, bit too hot at times but at least no rain or mud, glass half full.

Home very tired, footsore and bit sunburnt but very happy, Capt S suggested a cheeky chinese takeaway, not very MS but a delicious end to the day.
  • So LW moves on …
    DfV I am strapped for only knowing how to unhook them!

V I know, stuck was BoP on the Big Train to Warster! Now for your BoP news from the weak and the events of the last few days! Grab yourself a cuppa and … I know. Now where was BoP. Inn town on FryDay night painting it red! Mixed grill was wolfed down and the Big Train to Warster back home! It is a one stop hop for BoP!

4 Breakfast on Saturday was the usual snorker fest of best back, snorker Lincolnshire style, haricot has beans in tom sauce, mushrooms and poached egg on buttered toast. Tea was drunk.

3 Inn BoP’s packed lunch box today, we has snorker roll, toms of cherry, orange in jelly, strawbs. Three digestives as well. Well packed!

2 Nite BoP will be chillaxing as he is a bit chesty again, off to quack tomorrow!

Not having one today!

You should had seen the one that got away!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Lunch out at a local garden centre, delicious and they had a good sale on so I got birthday cards for He Who Knows for the next 3 birthdays, doggie themed and fun, toothbrush timers and holders for the pickles, and new coasters for us both again doggie themed for very little outlay.

2) I've got all the beds made up in the spare rooms so the pickles who are visiting tomorrow with mum can see familiar things in a new setting.

3) Driving back from the garden centre we saw signs for a farm shop so went exploring and it's a gem, the lady breeds Jacobs sheep and we've some meat from them and she also runs a local craft collective and had such lovely things for sale. We'll definitely go again and again. Apparently she will have mutton in the shop next month!

4) Got ourselves registered with the local GP this afternoon, very easy procedure and nice friendly receptionists instead of the usual dragons.

5) Pest controller has just been and sprayed our wasps nest, they'll go crazy for the next hour or so but that should be the end of them. hoorah it was so close to the house it was going to be a problem as they get 'dozy' later on in the season. All better now!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy new home Mrs LW sounds lovely. Enjoy finding your way around new things and new places and new peoples!

So another day of dizziness, worst in mornings and evenings, the bits in between are bearable.

Up early ( after dreaming that OH and I were booking a weekend away then I woke up and realised all over again he'd died) dog out, cats fed, kitchen emptied, blog written all whilst dizzy!

Builders arrived. Loads in today. Wall knocked through, hurrah ( not hurrah for the sound oh my lord it was awful) clambered over the rubble like some ones crossing a border!

Big dog walk. Beautiful morning, blue sky, warmth from sun, leaves changing colour , my dog boy.

Then back round to feed cats ( they are fed often!) hoovered again up and downstairs. Had washed bathroom towels/ mats etc so put them back in and then washed kitchen floor before I left...all whilst dizzy and not sure whether it's truly appreciated as it will be untidy again as soon as!

Walked home via T , got a few things and carried them in my rucksack . Much noise going on at this point...ate a salad roll on my bed!

Friend popped in, we were literally shouting at each other. It was so loud.

Builders left...hurrah for the sound of no drilling. Seems I've no water though so need to go and move a lever and hope I dont flood us !

The mother called to say her coach would be arriving soon so sent the boy and girl to go and pick her up ( I may have mentioned dizziness once or twice!...can't drive) they came back not talking but with chips for tea...dishes done by putting paper in bin!

Phoned my sister, then niece. Hoping she can take my dining table away sooner rather than later. Have asked my son to dismantle it this evening. It can go in garage meantime...he thinks it can't but has been told it will!

I see a big difference today in extension. Stress levels are still high! Thought I'd a builder free day tomorrow but it seems I have plumbers! And a kitchen designer doing final check of measurements.

Quick doggy walk now then jim jams on and into bed I think. The TV is up in my room ( we only have one and it's usually in kitchen ) so can watch the soaps and Vanity Fair from bed and be less dizzy!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Sunday pleasures

A gloriously sunny & hot day :D

Picked up & binned 30 bits of litter on the walk to the pub.

Pleasant walk by dock (DH fed the Canada Geese, coots etc) to pub where Sunday Roast & a few beers were consumed. Very pleasantly surprised - but the roasties weren’t as nice as those my DSis & I make :rotfl: Will be going again :T

No cooking & no washing up :D

Did the last of my washing - cuddly toys & a skirt & top for cs & it dried on the whirligig :T
    Gave the toys a td to fluff them up - I was going to donate a few to the CS but I had culled them so much last time that only one is in the CS bag & I am keeping the other four :D

CS bag is full so will make a trip this week.

Entertained by the squirrels’ antics

DSis put out a bit of chicken & we were visited by a very healthy looking fox :)

Monday pleasures

Another pleasantly warm & sunny day :T:D

Cleaned out & sorted my under sink kitchen cupboard - feeling really chuffed as it didn’t take long - bragging voice now ‘I Obviously did a good job first time around’ :rotfl:

Window cleaner came, cleaned the windows & cleared the gutters (he even took pictures to show me how clear they are :rotfl: ) + he really enjoyed my hm coconut biccies :rotfl: which I proffered with a cup of coffee.

DH has completed the drop down table in the shed & it works perfectly :T:T:T He will dismantle it & paint it tomorrow - then it will be done :T

Pleasant walk by the dock to sm - fed the Canada Geese, coots & mallards - the seagulls weren’t quick enough :rotfl:

Saw the cormorant again :D but had forgotten my camera :(

Someone on the Decluttering thread ( can’t remember who :o) makes a point of picking up street litter, so I have been doing the same. Today it was 108 bits because I found a couple of plastic bags to fill. The real pleasure was that a chap saw me doing this & found a large carrier bag & joined me in picking up litter - he filled the bag & also a small box :D:D - lots of plastic bits which won’t end up in the dock & choking the birds. I have to say that I was so very happy :D:D & the area we picked the litter from now only has leaves :rotfl: I carried all the bags etc to the bin with a cheery wave from my ‘assistant’. First thing I did when I got to sm, was use the facilities to scrub my hands :rotfl:

Shopping wasn’t too much of a chore :) but still no wholegrain mustard :eek: that is two weeks now :(

Today I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts especially LW’s - the joy shines through :D

Left it too late to cook so the three of us are fending for ourselves :D

Lovely pink sky, so more sun tomorrow hopefully :T

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback