PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. It's Friiiiiiday! DH will come straight home from work tonight (rather than pubbing/karaoke-ing in London). DD is in Devon with my mum. So a nice snuggly night it is. Dinner is already pre-made, house is tidy. All we shall do is relax.
    2. My windscreen cracked, majorly, last night but thanks to my dedication to budgeting, paying a few hundred to get it fixed won't hurt us. I feel very blessed about this!
    3. Last night's stew was delish, and plenty more for tonight. DH adored my home made pitta breads. I love them too. Won't be buying them again!
    4. Tidy house, clean sheets. Enjoyed getting in after a shower, with a glass of wine, and a book. Had put the heated blanket and throw on the bed so it was soooo snuggly. Looking forward to more of the same tonight!
    5. Was barbell club last night. So much fun. A few weeks ago I was barely doing the movements with a training bar, now I have weights on a ladies bar and am feeling more confident. All 3 CrossFit sessions done for the week. We may do Open Gym on Sunday to practise lifting, or go for a run if the weather is fine.
  • MM Car windscreen. Most comp policies cover this. Check.

V Now as I said yesterday how close it was to BoP hols, well BoP’s next tour to San Francisco is only 200 days away now! Got it! Don’t forgets to read live on the BoP Tour from next weakened.

4 Too exciting it is now in BoP Palais! Got to get all the things ready for this trip. Bags to pack and the cat to sort out!

3 At mill, but modus holiday has now set inn. You know what they can do with me shovel. But as usual I have another full and packed lunch box! Thinking of lunches, I has two special meals coming up this weakened. Read BoP news for details tomorrow!

2 Nite will be on Big Warster train later after throwing cans of red paint everywhere.

Having one today. Cricket. Urrrgh! Oh look rugby is back!

What a shame, Jimmy the Cook cannot get any wonga anymore!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MM Car windscreen. Most comp policies cover this. Check.

Thansk Blackbeard, will give them a call. Just assumed not because excess is ridiculously high (am 27 and my biggest financial mistake was a silly expensive car 3 yrs ago!)

Can I have another pleasure?

6. Today's charity shop find:

5X local handmade mugs for £2.50. A is currently drinking from a jar, I drink from a large Denby seconds mug, and we have some delicate Denby cups that sit in the cupboard never used. I'm moving these in and selling the Denby cups and saucers :)

i7e2wsj9cw6w.jpg
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've kind of gone all labyrynthitis -y again which is unusual. So I've taken myself to bed at 7pm.

Busy day and a beautiful day. Cold start then it was rather pleasantly warm.

Out with dog before sunrise. All was quiet.

Had to drop my mum off for a coach trip...make sure she got on it!

Cheese scone whilst I waited for bank to open. Rather nice.

Huge queue in bank. Huge wait whilst I tried to get money out...no it's not for fraudulent use! Then felt like I had a neon light above me and my bag!

Nipped in to small charity shop and got 5 tops at £1 each. A lovely linen jacket/shirt in grey. A dark green wool cardigan. A mauve ribbed knit jumper, nabbed by DD2, a dickens and jones shirt and a navy/ white stripe 3/4 sleeve top with a green trim at neck.

Met friends when I got to carpark and had a lovely chat with them.

Home and the loveliest of doggy walks . Met a friend at start and we walked round together, Haggis now realises her doggy is not one bit interested in him so just doesn't bother her. Was most pleasantly warm , a lovely blue sky and good chat.

Home and quick update with builder. Then it was down to kitchen for final run through and payment. All very well just paying a deposit 10 weeks ago! The traffic in town was like being back in Melbourne. Crazy. There are road closures all over the place.

Home (eventually) quick walk round to mums to see to cats. Quick walk home to get to temporary mobile library...parked in a different place, a hired van and a small sign in window that said Mobile Library and earlier than usual! Anyway nice chat with chap, borrowed 5 books, chat with neighbour friend who I'd phoned to say it was here.

Then home and cuddles with my dog. Son finishes early on a Friday so chit chat with him.

The niecely people arrived with noise and chatter (GN & DD2 & an excited Haggis)

By this time very dizzy and unbalanced and decision made to come to bed and just be still.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    BoP inn Town latest. Big Warster train detected.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/STD/2018/08/31/2124
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The to do list from Thursday now rolls over even further to Sunday ops.

1 We didn’t rush to get up as we both needed an hour extra.
    2 We spent a few hours in a local town, visiting CS’s but empty handed, however the fruit and veg stall was so useful we had to go back to the car so loaded up. The cheap shops, B&M etc were also helpful.
    3 Lunch in our Caf! we are literally greeted with our drinks orders, creatures of habit.
    4 Not sure if this is a pleasure it’s a mixed update of our little guys mate is pining away no matter what we do, so we have had to rapidly make enquiries and have found ourselves another “oldie” who through no fault of his is up for rehoming, so we will visit him over the weekend and see if he can perk our chap up. He’s in with others who we thought would take his mind off it but no joy so hoping the change will help.
    5 Just remembered dropped 3 boxes of DF’s things to the CS’s we visited.
  • Olliebeak1951
    Olliebeak1951 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 31 August 2018 at 9:29PM
    Options
    1. Managed a full night's sleep last night - came as a bit of :eek: moment when I realised it was daylight on opening my eyes ;)!
    2. Lovely sunshiney day, so washed a 'spare duvet cover' and got it dried on the washing line. Needs to go back to OH's flat!
    3. Had a 'use it up' evening meal - 2 chicken portions from freezer roasted / potatoes going past their best (cut the 'sprouts' off them) were turned into spicy wedges (rest are sitting in water in fridge for sunday evening) / mixed salad.
    4. Spent an hour trying to sort out OH's photos on PC - he just uploads everything from his camera each time, without sorting into folders :naughty:. All now sorted - at least for the time being. I trained as a Filing Clerk, so it drives me potty when files/pics/documents aren't 'kept tidy' so that we can find what we want :). Blame my OCD as well ;).
    5. Sorted out a load of old paperwork for the recycling.
    6. Delivery of a pair of shoes from catalogue. Leather ones that will do me for the winter months when I don't need to wear boots - less than half the usual catalogue price which doesn't often happen with my size (9EEE) :j!
    7. Another 'No Spend Day' :rotfl:!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning,

Yesterday,

1. Wrapped and sent some more EBay parcels.

2. Took DS2 to Primarni for school trousers. For some reason they scanned at £7 instead of £12. :j ( He is now all prepared for school, and I am not :( ).

3. Had a nice chat with DS2 in the car. He is good company.

4. Tea out at Nando's with free 1/4 chicken offer and Gift card.......Ended up the price of McD's and brought home a doggy bag for DS1. :j

5. Finished the second series of Unforgotten, and then watched Finding Your Feet.

Have a lovely day. Enjoy the fine weather. :)
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Morning :)

-Lovely evening at the Harvester last night, we laughed so much - and more AA discount. We've been with them 20 years and OH doesn't want to shop around/move/pay by clubcard vouchers etc so I'm on a mission to get as much as we can back in discounts :rotfl:

£22.87 back of £211 so far, with a quarter of the year gone - all on spends we'd have spent anyway, so not bad :D

- Really busy week at work, felt like we were getting somewhere and starting to make up for the slow summer- which wasn't surprising as OH really should have had some, if not all of, July as sick leave

-A gorgeous day yesterday - and today looks like it's going to be lovely too :)

- The job DD2 has applied for, which is more in line with her degree and what she wants to do, is looking hopeful -fingers crossed!

- It's the weekend :j
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cracking find with the mugs M&M don’t let DFV near them :rotfl:

Friday pleasures,

Was having my morning shower and didn’t realise that little dog had sneaked upstairs and was sitting on the bath mat waiting for me!

Over to see my eldest DN and she gave me a blissful facial plus head massage, felt rejuvenated by the treatment and her smashing company.

Picked more apples for storing plus a bag of windfalls for the horses at the yard.

My escape artist of a horse had managed to get into the next paddock again, she looked so pleased with herself!

An extra slice of Bake off followed by 8 out of 10 does Countdown, don’t like JC but do like others.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback