PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Purple_kitten
    Options
    Mrs LW congratulations on fabulous house, whereabouts in the country have you moved to if it’s not too much information.

1-5 Redemption statement received, and I wrote the last mortgage cheque and very clear letter and posted it off! I think it will feel more real when I know they have done it correctly and we have the deeds, that’s the bit that will make it real. As so far, they have badly mis managed the mortgage. Here’s waiting, and I’m breathing a very big thank you to DF I am sure he will be smiling at the best use of his inheritance, he did so hate debt, and never had a mortgage himself!
    6 I took the net curtains down and inwardly groaned in disgust at the windows and sill, so white vinegar and cleaned up window and sill and re hung up the nice white net.
    7 Took the bedding out of the van, hung out the duvet and pillows on the line and ran the bedding through the wash to also hang out.
    8 DH measured up and drilled holes in bricks to put new external blind up, popped out and picked up mix to fix holes left by the old blind, filled in and got the new blind up, it’s very smart. The new blind is nearly new, second hand previous people had it 5 months before deciding to have a conservatory fitted, so it was over half price, DH thankfully skilled to fix it’s issue.
    9 Leftover batch cooking tonight so mince with rice and greenery, uninspiring but easy.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We're in lovely Gloucestershire and it's glorious! xxx.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,170 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MrsLW - yes, it's not a bad part of the world ;-)

Pleasures for today (Monday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Managed to leave holiday cottage on time and left it nice and tidy.

3) Went to Machynlleth but happy lad refused to get out of the car so I raced round the charity shops then Ian Snow's at top speed.

4) Didn't stop again until Ludlow where I had my lunch in my favourite caf!. Sadly, neither son deigned to join me but a couple gave me a kindly smile after they described the menu as "s***" and walked out (sons, that is, not the couple!) What a delight they were earlier today...

5) Hens still alive. Some relief as bigger son had organised his father to look after them :-O I cleaned out the sleeping quarters and they looked happy enough, despite their company over the past few days.

6) Cleaned the car out.

7) Popped to Sainsburys for emergency food supplies.

8) Enjoyed catching up on GBBO Extra Slice.

Bigger son starting at new college tomorrow for level 3 of his studies. That should calm him down a bit. He has not reappeared yet... Smaller son not back until Thursday. Bigger son has been with me since mid May when his last course finished. Smaller son has been with me every hour of every day since the end of July apart from 2x3 hour blocks when he went out with my brother....
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    MrsLurcherWalker - Hello :wave: - it sounds as though you've moved to a really delightful place and that you're settling in very well indeed :).

My 5 for today:

1. Strange night of sleep - had trouble breathing through my nose, leaving mouth very dry. Felt 'very mucusy' (sorry tmi :o !) ever since, so decided on a PJ Day. Have now found my Otrivine and 'Sniffy Stick', so hoping that the combination of the two helps for tonight - may have to sleep sitting upright :(.

2. Guilty pleasure of Jeremy Kyle after OH went out .................... he takes the mick if he's around when I'm watching :p !

3. Went back to bed after lunch - but couldn't settle! So spent the afternoon playing 'WordScapes' on my Kindle :rotfl: !

4. After eating quite a bit of meat during the past few days, decided on 'Baked Beans with Poached Egg on Toast' for evening meal - had one of the 'easy-peelers' that OH bought today for dessert :j.

5. Another couple of 'freebie books' for my Kindle today :T.

6. My 2 other guilty pleasures in life, this evening - Emmerdale and Coronation Street. I've watched both of these from the very first episodes - so it's no wonder that I'm hooked ;)!

7. As far as I'm concerned, today has been a 'No Spend Day' - what my other half chose to do had nothing at all to do with ME ......................... so his purchases don't count :(:p :rotfl: !
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning,

Yesterday,

1. First day back done! Saw lots of lovely colleagues. Venue very smart. Breakfast and lunch was available.

2. Training day was good :j Despite my feelings about our leader as a person, I have to admit, a good speaker, and very clever and knowledgable. Won't be long before there is a Gong and a political career.

3. Finished at 4pm, so dropped off more EBay parcels........rtc mince and pizzas in Coop:j Returned a couple of things to ASDA and picked up rtc Chinese Banquet 'ting' Meal for the lads tonight. :j

4. Freezer meal to make space for the pizzas. Gammon and egg.

5. Successful purchase, and surprise sale, on EBay :j

6. Bonfire, apple crumble and custard and latest Unforgotten. Autumn has arrived.

Have a lovely day :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congrats on the mortgage pay off PK :j

Monday pleasures,

Not pleasure as such but did first big stock shop for a while, took advantage of some offers and cupboards are now full for winter prepping.

Met postie on the way out and she handed me a parcel, “ oh good” I said “ those must be Lulu’s drugs” it wasn’t until I got in my car that I thought she probably didn’t realise that I meant it was a Valerian supplement for my horse :rotfl:

Caught up on GW and the lovely Monty.

Over to see princess pony and caught her in middle of escape act, she undoes top half of tape by holding handle in mouth and lifting off, then jumps the bottom half. Naughty but have to admire her ingenuity, the grass is literally greener on the other side.

Seafood paella for tea, followed by Uni Challenge, test those little grey cells.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Both quotes for all the electric work and the reinstatment of Victorian fireplace in our dining room were wayyyy lower than I expected! Which means we can get both done this month. Am going to pick up this light fitting tonight. All other bits are either bought, or will be supplied by sparky. Am bidding on a reclaimed fireplace as we speak. Progress! I may have a proper home by Xmas (rather than bare plaster and floorboards!!)
    2. I don't watch much telly (nor do I have one!) but watched a couple of episodes of Bodyguard last night, whilst I polished off some Lidl Sauvignon left over from the weekend. Fab! Also read a lot of my book, The Miniaturist, which I have brought in to read on my lunch break.
    3. Yummy dinner last night: Veggie burgers in HM pittas with salad and hummus. Will have the same tonight. May even take a naughty portion of crumble out of the fridge!
    4. Reading in the sunny garden last night, with both cats reposing by my feet.
    5. A clean and tidy home. I know I keep putting this one, but I'm so proud of how 'on top' of things I've been!!
  • We're in lovely Gloucestershire and it's glorious! xxx.
    Oh, its GLAWSTERSHIARE!

I reckon that Ms LW will be egging her way to the Stroud Farmers Market on Saturday. No! It was good when it was fortnightly and the mushroom man could keep up, but when it went weakly, he could not cope! BoP uses the local butcher in Eastington off J13! There he only supplies what he sells. As for cheese, the Shambles in Stroud on Friday. You’ll not miss the farmers market after one visit!

Now that is that sore ted, on with BoP happenings!

V Had mega nasta pasta last night with mushroom in bean of black sauce. Raffles was indifferent about the food, but the ravioli with lots of crab was too nice! Lemon juice was drunk!

4 Flight case is down and BoPsie has all the smalls into the washer. You can never go without too many smalls! As for the straps, it is quite unnerving to us a hook early in the day! BoPsie is recovering from her knocks!

3 In todays packed lunch box is cheese, two cheeses, three proper digestives, cherry toms, snorker roll, tangerine, oranges in jelly and strawbs. Proper foods!

2 Night BoP is at the quack about his cold! More later. Allegedly last nite, according to BoPsie, I was wheezing more than Raffles! She has been told!

Having one today, SP who have not updated their dumb meters since they were fitted, have not answered BoP’s complaint about his DD being reduced to £3! We will see that BoP is correct and they’re well wrong. More later! Mind you lot, make sure you are fixed good and proper!

Now back to the last hill climb at the mill!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks BOP will indeed be visiting Stroud for the farmers market but not this week as it's the Onion Fair which we've been told isn't to be missed if you are anywhere nearby and DD2, SIL and the pickles will be coming too and we've been told it's very busy so they'll come to us and we'll all drive over together and hope to be able to park. Next week perhaps we'll get to Stroud!

1) Those pickles were in grand form today, ate lunch nicelky, explored with Oma and played together afterwards.

2) Oreo can now say Oma and Opa.

3) Oreo's little face when I rocked him in the poang chair and a small voice saying 'rock rock' and a smile like the sun.

4) They had some welsh cakes and a drink before setting off home and insisted in using the plates from the tea set to eat them off while sitting on the floor in the lounge, so cute!

5) Using the new tumble dryer to dry the washing this morning instead of hanging it on the horse, so civilised.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Had been about to start this about an hour ago but OHs best friend popped in , so that was nice...though I'd just taken my dizzy self to bed so had to fling clothes back on!

Today has been beautiful and sunny and gently warm . I've had 2 lovely big dog walks. First one Haggis and I went bramble picking...me the top ones and he was scoffing the bottom ones...with me googling quickly to see if it was an okay food. It is and apparently very good for them.

He vomited at 5.30am so that was an earlier than planned start. Sigh! Beautiful sky first thing and a robin singing on the fence. It's lovely to see them again.

Kitchen design lady came to do final measure...thankfully as there were a couple of amendments.

Then the lovely plumbers arrived ...then the builders who weren't supposed to be here but were 'borrowing ' some excess things for the other build. Then the brickies came and wheel barrowed stuff off as well...mhagsters General building supplies.

I went out in car. Not so dizzy but really had to extra concentrate ( though I of course always do but this was more so) down to bathroom place. Chose bathroom. It's getting delivered on Thursday. Also given price for ensuite which is damp and leaking into hall cupboard.

Came home and hall cupboard ( right outside my bedroom) had had carpet lifted and door taken off for access to pipes for kitchen. So all upstairs smells of damp now it's not enclosed. Yuk. So I think it's more of a priority than I'd thought. It's cheaper than I'd thought to rekit it but depends what plumber is going to charge.

Had went and got a new phone and call package. Other phone was on last legs and had been on my to do list for a while. So I have a shiny new phone I need to get used to.

Walked over parkland to get to doctors to pick up prescription and on way out noticed they had a bookcase with a take one/ leave one notice. So borrowed a book. Lovely idea.

Leaving pharmacy found 5p outside and popped it in to tip jar of shop next door!

My mother turned up. Hmmm. Don't really like that element of surprise. But she didn't stay long. I know I probably sound really mean but it's a difficult relationship.

Beautiful walk this afternoon. The most stunning sky. Chatted to friend and then had several friends wave as they drove by. This is what I like about being back.

Steak pie for tea with sprouts and spuds.

Then I went all dizzy & and had to miss choir. No way could I have driven.
    So into bed I popped then had (chose) to get up again. And now I'm back in!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback