PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning,

Hope Bopsie will be ok to fly.

Yesterday

1. 13 EBay parcels dropped off for posting. The lady in the Coop was ever so happy :rotfl:

2. I made LO Bolognaise into chilli.

3. Waities with a voucher.........Hope I don't get a parking fine for staying too long. All my savings have been wiped out by £40 fine received at the weekend. DH is cross.

4. Making plans to meet friends for coffee, before we go back to work. I am in danger of becoming a recluse. :rotfl:

5. Watched the end of the first series of The Unforgotten.

Have a lovely day :)
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm feeling quite tense today for no obvious reason and I'm carrying the tension in my back which is not good but it's where it goes!

I'm waiting in when I'd rather be out for plumber to show up. I think I might have mid building work blues if such a thing exists! The builder Is being quite stressy about contractors not showing up when they're supposed to and telling me all about it! He's not finished the previous job, 2 doors along from my mum and is already booked in for his next job. So am I going to be the one getting a wee bit here and a wee bit there done? Hmmm

Have been a nice dog walk, walked DD to the bus stop then H and I went blackberry picking. I picked, he sniffed and ran around. There's loads where I walk just have to clamber through nettles and thistles to get them.

I started emptying my dresser but got waylaid! I shall return after this. I just felt the need to write!

Hope you all have a nice day :)
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 August 2018 at 12:38PM
    Options
    I see someone else is uses the moon walking cross trainer. Nows you really want BoP to tell you, that only waggles yous bum!

V Now as I am sure yous has read about proper foods again. Cheese, as you knows in BoP Palais is not kept in the refrigerator, as that stores the wobbleade, is good for you. Got it! And the red meat is also good for you. That means tonight the cottage pie that was going to do three more meals from Sunday, is not going to see Thursday. Tum shall be rubbed!

4 Now about the Lunch Box. Today that is full to the gunnels. Again filled with proper foods. Toms, Egg custard tart with leek and bacon, sour grapes, tangerine, oranges in raspberry jelly, and three proper digestives as well. Tea has also been drunk!

3 Good in the gym yesterday and BoPsie was not allowed to use the arm things, but she managed to still do a good work through. That way BoP stays with the beach ready look, now set for this years main tour!

2 Nite I am getting the coins from the Royal Mint! The RAF ones. Vulcan, Spitfire and RAF Badge. Proper coins, not that cheap plastic fiver you keep in the purse.

Having one today as well. Seen all the bull shine on proper foods and you still want BoP to …

Now enjoying my Egg Custard tart with bacon!

Roll on my snorker fest on Saturday!

I updated my signature, can you guess what it means?
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For yesterday

1 Just back from a lovely time away at a steam fair, catching up with old friends we only meet once a year every year, it was nice to wind the van legs down and not leave site, mind you traffic around the event was dreadful so we heard. The van is unpacked but I’ll need to clean it out tomorrow.

2 Our little lad who was given 3 days to live, managed to live and love another 5 months, before passing 2 days ago. He has been part and parcel of everyday life, meds, hand feeding, he would rest on our laps while we worked or played on the computer, it leaves a large empty hole, trying to distract his mate with long walks and cuddles now, the pleasure while I am heavy hearted we had 5 months longer. But we are feeling his loss hard.

3 The washing line is literally as full as possible and rained on ah well.

4 Made use of the Tuesday BOGOF offer for delivery, and snaffled one of them, the other will be frozen.

5 Nice to be in our own bed.

For today
    1 Today I did the last executor jobs for my dad, I wrote a letter and paid something to his lifelong friend and settled his final bill with the useless leccy company.
    2 Ordered a tonne of wood fuel literally, nice to be able.
    3 Meal planned and looking forward to a nice healthy veg packed meal tonight – how is this possible I am looking forward to it!
    4 Tried a bit of cleaning and tidying and only a very small about.
    5 Topping up all the bird feeders, and DH grated up the entire bag of peanuts for the spoiled birds.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In bed and nice clean bedding.

Slightly less growly and stressy than I was earlier. But just slightly!

Plumber eventually came around 4.30pm. Builders had disappeared around midday and won't be back till Friday.

Almost emptied my dresser

Sunny all day and mild enough. Washing dry.

Sausage rolls and beans for tea.

Chat with friend on phone.

Chat with mums next door neighbour who was passing.

Chat with neighbour and new puppy.

Chat with sister who's on holiday from work.

Haggis' 'ladies ' popped in to say hello as they were passing!

A red admiral flew into the extension.

Picked more brambles tonight.

That's better than my earlier moans and groans!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens well and 3 eggs.

3) Went to see my school friend. Sad news from her (family bereavement).

4) Did the charity shops afterwards as smaller son is so short of clothes (he's grown 2 inches over the past couple of months and is now 5 foot 9). 3 t shirts - Fatface, Gap and the away kit for Man Utd! Then a grey Superdry hoodie. All washed and ironed this evening ready for holiday tomorrow.

5) Did a bit of cleaning and tidying.

6) Bigger son has now finished his NCS. I hope he goes to his "graduation".

7) Watched 24 Hours in A and E.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Morning :)

Think I might have a few days to catch up with!

- Busy back at work after a dead week last week - 'back to school' doesn't affect me personally any more now the kids are grow, but I'm (a) not looking forward to the increased traffic but (b) hoping things pick up work-wise after a very slow August!!

- Pushed myself yesterday with walking the dogs (lots of brisk uphill) - achy legs and hips today, but no pain no gain :D

- Glad (and slightly proud :o) to see DD's BF (who is Spanish, and lives in Manchester) has put lots of pictures from our walk on the Malvern Hills on social media and says how much he loves this part of the world :) I do too!

- Only just over 2 weeks til our holiday :j:j

-DS lost his wallet and some very kind person handed it in to the police :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry that you have lost your little pal PK they do leave a big hole don’t they x

Wednesday pleasures,

The rain stopped before lovely farrier turned up to do PP’s feet, didn’t fancy standing in the rain holding her.

Chat with a couple of the other owners, we are off to Burghley HT’s on Sunday, they all seem to have a huge shopping list!

Lovely farrier obviously impressed one of them as she asked for his number afterwards, her horse keeps losing his shoes.

Stopped at bakery in village to pick up fresh bread for lunch, it was still warm :T

Eldest hollow legged one stopped by for tea and a chat, good to see him as have been worried of late.

Orangutan jungle school, one of the best things on tv.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning,

Yesterday

1. Trip around new Charity shops, and a chat, with freebie hunter friend. Did not buy lots of 'stuff'. Just a 'Roman Originals' dress and a 'Pudsey Bear' T shirt for £1. (Also bought a case of knitting needles for £4, just cos all the numbers were there. I don't even knit!).

2. O2 free ice creams from Thornton's for lunch. :rotfl:

3. Planning social Calendar with my friend for next week. Tues - free tickets to the cinema. Thurs - comps to the theatre. Sat - screen printing at the Museum.

4. Costco with DH for tea. He got shopping for works coffee club, and I got dog food. We know how to party. :cool:

5. Started the next series of Unforgotten. Need to get a move on cos we have to watch the Bodyguard as well!

Have a lovely day :)
  • V That is it, after I scoot from the mill tonight, five more visits until BoP tour goes live! Got it? By then the kids will be back and my holiday will be …

4 In BoP’s packed lunch box today we have no sour grapes at all! Boiled egg, toms, two proper digestive biscuits, two chocolate biscuits. Jelly with oranges and stuffed today with strawbs. And of course a satsuma! Now we is having Hot Dogs tonight for tea. Bet you wish you had proper food like BoP. On way home yesterday I saw the cheese on toast delivery agent. Fancy paying £10 for

3 BoPsie is slinging along with her arm. She need gentle care at the moment as I think her balance has gone. Loud clatter in bath this morning and it was not raffles doing a … Yes you read that correctly, he does use the bath!

2 Night to get beach ready for the tour, BoP will be in the gym

Having one today! Just checked my pension and for some reason again, my pots are within £60 of each other! Now I could had given some charlatan 5% of me pot just to equalise out my funds! AVOID. Please do not treat any advice on here for your own financial benefit. BoP knows what he is on about and you lot should be at home chewing wasps! Now not only that but as we raided our savings for our trip, we are only £300 smackers down on a normal month. There!

Now that’s you told all the BoP news!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport