PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Indeed BOP Dennis the Menace, his dog Gnasher, the Bash Street Kids (modelled on Dundee's private school which the artist's office overlooked) and my hero, Minnie the Minx (the first name I tried on mse but alas it was already gone).
    1) Up at 6, a brisk walk to Dudhope Park (1.5 miles) then an hour of boot camp. It was damp and my new top got rather muddy.
    2) Then into work for a lovely shower and porridge (not at the same time!)
    3) Met up with my two lovely summer students. They get a small bursary to complete a 6 week project. One is now into week 6, the other just starting week 3.
    4) Then Dean's leaving presentation. He along with 2 other professors gave me my first job at the medical school, and has been extremely supportive of both my PhD and my career. All change.
    5) Home to hm ratatouille and chicken nom nom. Pigged the lot as filled lunch box at end of Dean's leaving presentation for today's lunch. very mse :-)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Oh lawd, I nows has visions of DD as Minnie the Minx! My favourite was Korky the Cat!
    V There you see, you did not. Neighbour popped around about the cat sittings coming up. Yeah, we arrange holidays around cat sittings here! He had not seen Raffles recently. No he is ok,. And got BoPsie up early this very day! Unlike BoP, who has his gruffiness sleep, it is what her nana said. Prickly heat! Is a gals thing, so all I know is it gets you …

4 Another packed lunch of wood of apple fired cheese, pork pie, salad, mouse, sour grapes, cake of Jaffa bar and chocolate biscuit. Nice. Proper foods again!

3 Watched Louis C. K. last night, and you will not be able to watch this with mother. Please be warned it is of adult material. Of curse, you can always turn the volume down!

2 Nite BoP is trimming his beached ready looks in the gym! Anderby Creek viewing for August is now on. Tickets now available from the usual outlets.

My buck of face has gone planet blue with rage about some elderly ex tv controller putting spoons out with sugar! The bee is ok and knows where his food is, and any attempt to destabilise this adds to loss of his other source of foods. So please no. A bowl for the cat is enough if it is hot, and the odd hedgehog, but the bee will survive without you giving him a free takeaway! Please avoid the Bolshevik Broadcasting Commissariat, Scrap the regressive TV Tax.

Man needs to husband nature for it to nurture!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I used to like Louis CK before he admitted sexual misconduct... :(

Pleasures for the last few days

1. nice sunday morning with OH in ICT. he cooked breakfast before heading off to work. I worked most of the day but managed a seaside circuit.
    2. Cooked dinner for friends - spanish chicken and chorizo and chocolate mousse. We went for a seaside drink before hand
    3. They left early enough for me to catch up with and then watch Poldark
    4. Booking clerking - s'not as easy as it looks. Started to get the hang of it again.
    5. Leftover risotto for tea - yum.

On way home now to prepare for DD's birthday tomorrow. 22! Yikes, how did that happen?
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Just checked on your stitched dot con site for the utility deals.

Ifs yous not fixed, then there are some deals out there! My supplier has Super Saver July 19 today!
    Three bed Palace like BoP's
    Elect 3,200 kWh
    Gas 12,200 kWh

Don't give them full price!

VJ Most of the couch has not seen potatoes!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    house elf :rotfl: re no.6 :rotfl:

Warm day but ... way too windy

Feeding the squirrel

DH & DSis did a Tip run & picked up gravel for shed base - out for ages so

Lovely relaxing bath & hairwash

DH & DSis finally managed to get the rather reluctant bush dug up (in the way of the new larger shed)

Poached eggs on toast for dinner & just about to have apple & blackberry crumble and custard for afters :drool:

Reading your osts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) A very much more comfy and cooler day here today.

2) Maisie dog's company for the day.

3) Naughty chips with mushy peas for tea but the portion was so huge I've got half left for tomorrow.

4) Text from DD1 and James who are on holiday in Germany saying they were having a great time.

5) An evening to myself to do what I want which has been not much and very restful.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello.

Lovely doggy walk first thing with two lady doggies.

Home and made 2 batches of honeycomb tiffin and and another tablet.

Picked up DD2 at train station, dropped off some cardboard recycling.

Bus up to Glasgow. I'd a voucher so free for me.

Met friends from Melbourne for lunch. So lovely to see them.

Home and picked up a dog. He'd had a lovely afternoon with his old lady friend.

Friend popped in. They brought the biggest pile of rhubarb.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Smaller son went to school with no problem.

3) Hens well.

4) Bigger son and I took my old mattress to the skip then we picked up the Girl Who is Not His Girlfriend and I dropped them in town.

5) I went into floody city and looked round the charity shops. Got a TU long t shirt (probably supposed to be a dress but a long t shirt on me). This will be useful for running in and out of the sea when we go to Wales at the end of August. Also a tunic top from White Stuff so I can look the part when I go to my niece's sport day on Friday!

6) Was given a free hot drink voucher when I paid for the new clothes so turned immediately and went to the charity shop caf! and had a cup of tea.

7) Went to meet my school friend for a cup of tea.

8) Took smaller son to his football game.

9) Had a tidy up when I got back ready for the electrician/plasterer visits. A good wipe down of the high shelves and the wall units as they will be up ladders looking down on them! Also brought washing in, took next load of washing out, repotted another orchid, washed up etc.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    4am and wide awake! Fretting about getting everything done before the end of term.......

Yesterday

1. DS2 packed and delivered to chums House to set off on French holiday adventure.

2. Visit to another school for a meeting. Slightly irritated their teacher by making suggestions abut his paperwork. New pupil was lovely. :A

3.Nice chat with colleague on the way to meeting. Don’t really know him, but know him better now.

4. Kept going with Prom leftovers.

5. Tacos for tea.

6. Another fire before bed. Pile of holly prunings and broken garden chairs is smaller. Doggie really loves having her people sit in the garden with her.

7. DH, DS1 and me trying to move an IKEA wardrobe. It just collapsed like a house of cards. DS1 and I collapsed with laughter. DH not amused. Made it even funnier :rotfl::rotfl:

Have a lovely day :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

Weird one to start but heard that DSIL’s op will be going ahead after possible delay averted.

Happier family news, our DN was in the first team squad to face Charlton in friendly, he played alongside our regular centre-back for a spell and no goals were conceded during his time :j

We are eating our homegrown toms every day now, pleased with my experiment to use hanging basket instead of grow bag and will do it this way again.

Time spent with horse girlie, always a pleasure when she behaves :D

A couple of squares of dark chocolate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family