PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Opticians appointment (one a year when you get to 70) and needing new reading glasses the pleasure is that I can have new lenses fitted into my old frames and keep the cost down considerably.

2) My friend has returned our collapsible boxes so we can pack some more things.

3) Quote from another removals company considerable lower than the one from the man who wanted to use 3 vans for us. This one will just be one BIG van.

4) Being able in this heat to still have enough flowers in bloom in the garden to give my friend what she needed to do the table decorations for one of her colleagues leaving do this afternoon. We also got some beautiful dry grass heads on our Cookie walk last evening and I cut some dried nigella seedheads from the garden too so she had some 'fillers' to eek out the flowers.

5) A decent nights sleep finally, 9.30 last night to 7 this morning...it's a miracle!
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Frith wrote: »
    Hopeless Case - I!!!8217;m equidistant from Worcester and Ludlow. Went to sixth form in Worcester and to high school just outside.

Small world - and a beautiful part of the world, we don't get that way very often but every time we head to West/North West Worcestershire (and beyond), we're struck by how beautiful the countryside is, hilly and so pretty :)
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Yeah, no education, but stand in the corner. There's a song about that! No wander! Well I has had the educated for twenty years peoples and in two weeks they know more than in twenty years of no education. Readied for the real world! So skools has not changed then, fit in or not! I would sack all those responsible!

5 Wes bin to the lanomat emporium this morning for bedding. Got loads and the beds are finally made. Proper job! BoPsie is washing and sore tin the now!

4 We had usual snorker fest this morning with best back! Mushrooms, poached egg on fried toast. Haricot beans and toms! Tea was drinked and tum rubbed!

3 Watching the football at the movement. Must improve next time!

2 Nite is flix of net, was going to be yesterday, but we watched the lassies cricket instead!

OK then, who got the ...
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening ! Just in from a very quick dog walk and it's a bit more pleasant and cool than earlier.

A better nights sleep after a 2.5 hour catch up on phone with friend .

Woken by the sounds of the dog vomiting! Always a great way to start the weekend. Haggis we should not eat fleecy blankets!

The continued painting of the fence.

Neighbour / friend came and hung her holiday washing on my line :) as I'm nice like that!

Had a bath to scrub off some green !

The niecely people came . Had lunch in the garden. Had a lot of laughter.

...then we all went round to my mothers and all her hoarding, niece horrified, perhaps DD2 and I are used to it more? Sigh, sigh and then sigh some more.

Walked back home, they went home, sat in garden for the tiniest of whilst but was too hot for me.

I've signed up to do a 'global' walk for the hospital that OH was cared for in. I'd volunteered last year and we are going to do 10km walk here the same day they do theirs in Melbourne.

Odd conversation last night with neighbour over back last night , asking when extension is starting. We never ever see them but they would have had to grant permission for planning. He kept going on about my house that has been bought and sold so many times and people keep moving because it's so small. Ahem! It's been my house for 12 years. The "why did you come back ?' Question. Now sometimes when I answer I know people are going to feel upset/ awkward with him I just thought stuff you! 'My husband died' and that momentarily shut him up then he went on again about how small my house is ( its hardly tiny ) and how he lived in the biggest style in our estate...whoopy Doo!
    How he rents out lots of properties ( no thanks) and yeah your house is really small. Well it will be slightly bigger when it's extended and sorry not sorry for the 8 weeks of noise coming your way!

Oh and we bought a gazebo last night...had ordered one on Groupon but then got a refund so we nipped out last night and got one.not sure whether to pull it down as its getting a wee but breezy!

Can here the sound of bagpipes in the wind!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) lazy morning. can't believe it's so hot. did manage my 60 second plank. wondering if i should try longer tomorrow. mrpiano suggested 61 seconds :rotfl:
    2) mrpiano, dd2 and i took a car-load to recycle. dd2 did a carload yesterday and plans on doing a car-load every day till the house is decluttered!
    3) then town. suggested free parking to mrpiano who then complained the whole (short) walk in that we might just as well have walked the whole distance :rotfl: and him always off at the gym!
    4) sad about the footie but well done for getting that far. watched the women's tennis final - excellent
    5) then iplayer last night's first night of the proms. i see vaughan william's lark will be paying a call some time soon
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Frith wrote: »
    No, not Baddesley Clinton!

What are you doing in Worcester, Hopeless Case? I hope you gave me a wave as you drove past my house!

Ah, it was the priest holes that made me think it

Pleasures for yesterday

1. WAH in ICT, trying to do SPSS :p not sure what the pleasure is, except a change of scene
    2. OH arrived early :T we did a seafront circuit
    3. Out to the cafe bar for tea, with friends. Had my favourite goats cheese pizza, with half left for lunch tomorrow
    4 two and a bit loads of washing dried on the line
    5. Had a lovely bath, with half a lush bubble bar and my book

And today,

1. Yummy boiled heads and sourdough bread fresh from the oven
    2. Cycled the mawddach trail, my favourite bike ride
    3. Then did the precipice walk. We have a car here, unusually. so we did some of the things we can't usually do. Including a trip to the tip...:p
    4. Lunch in Barmouth
    5. OH cooked tea, delicious risotto / paella

Have a good rest of evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Friday pleasures

Brighter & warmer today

Three butterflies :)

Making use of all the fruit that was starting to go soft to make a delicious fruit salad - plenty of breakfasts for DH & I with yoghurt

DH finally arrived home :j only an hour late :T

Chinese for dinner & enough left for tomorrow’s dinner :T

Saturday pleasures

Lovely warm day with plenty of sunshine

DH put together the new garden parasol - DSis loves the shade :rotfl: I love the sun :rotfl:

First bumblebee in our garden :T

Warmed up Chinese was just as good tonight as yesterday :T

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,173 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in!

2) Bigger son had a reasonable shift at work (pub today, not the hotel).

3) Hens OK. All now eat out of my hand, 3 can be fussed and 2 will fly up and sit on my knee.

4) Took smaller son to watch his non-league football team play a match against Aston Villa (!) and it was a draw!!

5) While he was watching the football, went round the charity shops (bought nothing) and got 3 birthday cards and 2 birthday present. All the family birthdays are in these next 5 months. Also went to Currys and Sainsburys.

6) Neighbours incredibly noisy but tomorrow is absolutely their last day. New neighbours moving in next week. They've been cleaning their very large brick shed out today. I hope the new people don't mend the broken window (broken for over a decade) as my cat jumps through it to sleep in there sometimes.

7) Did various jobs - 2 loads of washing, all bedding, ironing, watered the pots.

8) Watched Casualty.

Up early in the morning to go with my sister to the poultry place.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning,

Didn’t wake up at 4 am this morning :j Been pottering in the garden and hanging out washing.

Yesterday

1. Jewellery workshop. Made a flamingo pendant. Bit big, so may be a bag charm instead.

2. Found a nice little cafe for lunch.

3. Invited for takeaway and band gig. Went for takeaway, but gig a bit late for the old dears!

4. Last minute purchases at Primark for DS2 holiday. Late in the day, so limited choice, but can’t go wrong with the prices. Especially as he is growing like a weed at the moment. :eek:

5. Another family gathering around the log burner. Getting rid of brash and broken garden chairs. Saw a bat. :)

Grand Day Out to Blenheim Palace today. Using our annual pass one last time. Following in the footsteps of Trump :rotfl:

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's been a long weekend so far.
    In Friday as we were driving home from a lovely meal with friends we got a phone call from DS1 neighbour. She had DS1 with her as his girlfriend had attacked him but he was ok physically with a couple of bruises and scratches but to bring clothes with us.
    Arrived and DS1 was very upset but had decided that he couldn't carry on with the relationship as he had been attacked by her every other month.. He was upet, frightened but talking. He hadn't previously been telling us of any of the main problems.
    To cut a long story short the police arrived and talked to him and then arrested girlfriend. Eventually after going back to DS1 house and police returning at 4.30am tried to sleep and failed.
    Came home here with DS1 who was talking more and seemed relieved and a friend took him out for about 6 hours to talk and he saw what a normal life and relationship was like.
    Girlfriend has gone to her parents and looking at treatment for her mental health problems.
    He has a tough time ahead as she will try and manipulate him into taking her back but he is already arranging to meet up with friends. People he hasn't really contacted recently.
    Hopefully he will be fine without to many lows.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback