PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,651 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Weekend pleasures,

A lie-in on sat morning followed by soft boiled egg with marmite soldiers.

Dodging the showers and thunder to take Tilly dog round the fields, spent the following hour removing sticky balls from her ears after she 'explored' a ditch.

Discovered the reasons behind random holes appearing in the lawn, we had blamed the rabbits but Mr Squirrel is the culprit.

CUFC finally kick started their season.

Reading in bed late, listening to rain hammering against window and feeling especially cosy.

Spending horsey time with friend, had a little ride on her beautiful old mare, bigger than darling Bill but so good to be back in the saddle. Oh that horsey smell :j

Watch this space for all things equine!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Monday evening. Waiting for someone to collect garden chairs at 7pm then I will heading to bed shortly after as I'm up at 4.30am to start work at 5.30am instead of 6.30am! Waah!

Sold bread bin, tea, coffee, sugar , biscuit container set.
    Put next thing on to sell!

Work was fine. Busy, busy and paid.

Rain finally dried up. Had wet walks to op shop to drop off 2 bags of stuff, then on to post office and then realised that I should have brought prescriptions as pharmacy is in same building so back home and back up again.

Tiny snoozette.

Hoovered, ironed.

Spag Bol for tea.

Have a lovely Monday
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When do you move mhags? You're like a selling whirlwind, good on you x
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another couple of months but things being shipped in a couple of weeks so need to continually clear and sort. My house here is about twice the size of house back home so seriously downsizing and if I can get a bit of cash then that's great.
    DD1 staying on here so taking quite a bit for her new house.

Seven years of shopping trips in salvos have taken their toll! I just don't have as much storage space back home.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You have always seemed to get lots of bargains in salvos, hope Scotland's chazzers can replicate the fun as you get settled back into Scottish life.
  • Just waiting on millwright

5 Now what have I said. Well if yous lot are of any doubt, then the latest scandal from the eu of cheap carp foods should be a more than a warning. But no, they will not tell us the supermarket. Avoid the cheap food. Now as you are aware that BoP can cook, and bloody well as well, he does not use any farmed fish material either. Now you left the foreign pizza with the pulverised products in it, and headed for the plastic encapsulated farmed fish product instead.
    No No No No No No No No No No No No.
    This is as bad, but you have not been told that have you? The nice sea bass in the packet? Farmed in Greece, Turkey, and Vietnam. Avoid as well. It is farmed, that is why it is cheap. And ask yourself why it is cheap. It is the chemicals they use to keep the pools free from lice and other things. Carry on eating it now?

Stick to non-Icelandic Cod, from the Barents sea, or Grimsby smoked haddock. Proper fish. The ones the frogs did not trawl when we entered the market! Oh, and don’t buy the dyed variety, in the Pontoon stand at the Theatre of Fish, we have a song about that!

4 BoP’s wheels of steel is in for its service today, to make sure it keeps running at the speed limit. As it is on the plan, not one of those rental agreements, it also come with a vacuum and a wash. Oh and the nice car rental agreement. If you scratch your car, you pay. Unlike BoP, if I scratch mine, I don’t. Remember that 24,000 miles over three years likes a lot, but if work is ten miles away, that’s 16,000 of it eaten up already! Avoid.

3 Gosh I has one on today. Now all I need is my usual people to avoid as well! No. Had super Skipper pie yesterday with loads of minted new tates. Peas as well. Proper foods, and not that processed carp that is noted as being bad for you! nNow again, the Parsley sauce was made fresh and not from a packet either. Quite simple! Recipe has been handed

2 Last night after wolfing down the skipper’s pie, we watched the quiz and then Dirty Rotten Scoundrels That conniving little … Gets BoPsie every time! Wobbleades were consumed!

Latest. Cornered millwright this morning. Usual BoP rules. I’m correct, perfect, and the bee’s knees! Discretion is assured. Looks like we have more hay coming our way!
    If you want to learn to negotiate the BoP way, just pm me and I will explain. See above.

And if that doesn’t do it, I’m out of here!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,181 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Whispers - Tesco...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What they haven't specified yet either is which types of sausage are involved, is it the everyday best pork banger, is it salami as was mentioned yesterday, is it cooked sausage like smoked sausage or is it things like luncheon meat, frankfurters, etc. I think we have a right to know!

1) Lunch in Yo Sushi lovely!

2) Visit to the vegan wholefoods shop and finding a big jar of blackstrap molasses, like hens teeth normally.

3) More apples......oh goodie, goodie!

4) Nice chat with DD2 and now know what they want for Christmas, normally we get panicky about a week before the event because they haven't told us!

5) Followed a couple of steam engines along the main road on the bus in to the city this morning, the smell of steam is fabulous, reminds me of being little and standing on the railway bridge as the big engines thundered along the track, so much fun to be in the smoke.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 August 2017 at 8:45PM
    Options
    A diggy, gardeny, sorty, tidy-y, long BIG work day. Trailer full again, but more will join in tmrw.
    Picking lots of raspberries, h-g, and blackberries, not, too. So easy, 3 steps left or 6 steps right, out &'s back gate onto the Domesday land.

1. Have just stopped. Let's see if things [a] stay alive, grow on.

2. Quick &, turn off JAM, about to start...back in a mo. Ah. that's better.. James Naughtie with Salman Rushdie on r4x. Heard the dramatisation of Midnight's Children during last few days - riveting.

3. A story of A, alongside & at Spits last Thurs. We always have been, until the Tribeca messing around. She was shattered - understandably - not yet 24hours released after police decided she didn't look like her passport photo, when returning from Lyon family on Tuesday. A is black, striking, age poss. 40s, langue maternelle française, but has been Spits patron's '2nd daughter' [as he frequently says] for decades. She and I speak French as a matter of course. She was denied a phone call, fingerprinted, held overnight, while they went through her Bank details[NW, same as &], utilities. addresses, challenging her endlessly. Is there a pleasure in this? It has been much on my mind ever since. Hugs apart, & said there was nothing she could do, Would A like & to make her own little batch of h-g confiture de framboises? A loved a previous jar. Eyes lit up. 'Vraiment?' Yes, A - I am going to do it right after posting here :-) It truly will be an osp.

4. Workshop and Spookymens' mystery gig now revealed to be St Andrews, Surbiton, Tues next week. Sold out already. & has her tickie))))) Phoned and em'd Orslev Kloster today too, which will prob. be &'s 1st dansk spookies concert, 7/9. Aiming for Anna Kirke, Kobenhavn and Roskilde, too. 1st hop is 853.7 miles. Eventually back again.

5. Rugby friendlies ici aussi, Mrs LW. 1st XV lost rather heavily, after leading strongly until & wandered away to collect.new membership card, via this GMS online management system. They don't expire now, just have dues or drinks money loaded onto them, apparently. Anyone else afflicted with it at Club level? Ah well - nevvie mind. & rather thinks the ABs did a nice 54-34 point thingy.
    RIP Colin 'Pinetree' Meads.
    #
    John Oliver for President:
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/21/john-oliver-donald-trump-steve-bannon-charlottesville
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Frith wrote: »
    Whispers - Tesco...
    Usual Rules.
    AVIOD
    In fact.
    AVOID ALL CHEAP EMPORIUMS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing