PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1) DD1s AS and A level class results were all OK thank goodness, some of them hadn't quite got the grades they were predicted but ALL of them have their first choice of Uni places and all are accepted.

DS also did not get the A level grades predicted but, thanks to a fantastic BTEC result has also got his first choice of Uni. His is the lowest school year in terms of number of pupils - it decreased gradually until his year and then the millennium plus babies have pushed the numbers up. i think that's helped them all.

anyhoo onwards and upwards.

Pleasures for yesterday and a bit today.

1. Didn't go to London and got some housework done as well as work work
    2. A favourite brunch of sourdough toast with avo and bacon
    3. Watched long lost family
    4. DS got his uni place
    5. we celebrated with pizza express.

I am on my way to ICT for the weekend :T

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done that DS! DD1 says that in terms of numbers this is the smallest year they've had which may be a factor in young folks getting 1st choice of uni place with slightly less than predicted results.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    • I worked at home which was much needed, I didn’t manage to plough through as much a I tried so still some for tomorrow.
    • My phone interview went well and apparently, they are deciding from there, I’ve already had feedback it’s 50/50 between me and one other, I find out Monday.
    • I’ve changed our bedding and the pet bedding.
    • Dads doctors have phoned, none of the treatments have worked, because of this they have decided not to do the major surgery, dads wishes are to go home for a while, a few other things are up with him at the mo, but in a few weeks, we should be able to get him back home for a bit. I had a long talk with DB this afternoon, it nice to talk.
    • I’ve just cleaned the van bathroom and packed up as we will be taking a week.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Sunshine!

2. Took DD and a friend of hers out to an animal hospital/sanctuary, it was sooooo lovely. We had a hard time deciding which species of animal we loved the most.

3. Took a picnic and so 'only' ended up buying chocolate, water and icecreams...note to self: take more food in the coolbox next time!

4. Found an amazing Italian deli, tried olives and bought some yummy looking pasta and crackers.

5. I bought a couple more groupons - cinema tickets and another day out for the 2 friends next week :)

6. Will have a few more pennies for the marmite jar once I clear out my purse.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 August 2017 at 9:52PM
    Options
    * Back from a wonderful stay with our darling Sequoia. Being in charge of a three yr old was so much easier 30 years ago. We are spent! Happy, but spent!

* Blessed by the years of friendship with one who is moving to another town tomorrow. We both cried.
    Many promises to keep up our friendship. At my age, I know that those promises wane as the years pass, however heartfelt when made. Must do better!

* Learning Spanish. I don't know that I should list this as a pleasure...maybe I should say 'trying to learn Spanish' instead. That side of my brain is underdeveloped---possibly nearly atrophied. But living where I do, it's insane not to at least attempt (again) to learn a language spoken by half our population. I can practice with virtually half my friends and relations who speak it in whatever degree they possess fluency.

* Pondering a bath with Ross Poldark. Yes, I have been reading all your posts from when I last was here.

NOTE TO FIRTH: DO NOT READ THIS ONE
    * Laughing at my farm boy (at heart and through upbringing) DH who took a pair of pliers and pulled out a severely painful tooth implant. The periodontist said "well it had to come out anyway so they could start over." Yikes!!!!

* Loving the puppy/sick Lab now better/Haggis the birthday boy/walks etc stories of you all. I miss having the granddawgs.

* Cooler weather. Finally in the 90'sF here all week.

* The longevity of blooming orchids. Third year mine has bloomed and it's such a pleasure!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) beautiful sunny day (bit miffed that I had to go into work as was supposed to be on hols)
    2) dean's visit went very well. In the words of young mr grace 'you're all doing very well' (but no promised lunch which was a pain cos could have taken something)
    3) went to shop with colleagues to buy sarnies. Sun still shining and chat lovely
    4) home to take pup to vet to have stitches checked. Walked down with dd1. Stitches perfect
    5) called in on wool shop on way back. She is soppy about the boys
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,159 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mila - aaaarrrghghgh!

Pleasures for today:

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens well and 2 eggs.

3) Went to see my aunty. A strange visit but the pleasure was me and her other visitor (friend) sneaking armfuls of recycling and rotting food out of her kitchen when she wasn't looking! She got very shirty that the recycling wasn't to leave the kitchen so we hid it in the boot of her friend's car. We felt like we were on a mission. Also did the washing up.

4) Popped to see former colleague J for a cup of tea and a chat.

5) Second coat of paint over most of newly plastered landing and stairs. Not very impressed with my painting this evening - not really in the mood for it. Have left it white at the moment as not sure what colour to have it permanently.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Finally made it home. Stayed late at work and achieved what I wanted too. Only took me an additional 1 1/2 hours to do what I'm expected to fit into my normal wiring day.

2. Had taken shepherd's pie out of the freezer so tea was easy. Only needed to do some veg.

3. Taken lunch into work every day this week. Far cheaper and tastier.

4. DS1 phoned for a chat.

5. Sent some letters which I have been meaning to do all week.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

* Pondering a bath with Ross Poldark.

:rotfl: You know it makes sense.

Not sure who i will bath with next. Gabriel Oak seems likely....:p

(mind, I spent some of my teenage years agonising over Gabriel Oak - he wasn't someone i'd want to share my bath with, but I think televised GO might be a whole different ball-game)
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    1. Lovely Sunshine in the afternoon

2. Managed to persuade ame my mom to come out for a few hours

3. Saw my daughter

4. Had a late lunch of a lovely salad at a lovely pub , with my wonderful Daughter and Mum.

5. Relaxed in the evening
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback