PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

Glad we seem to be having nice days with simple pleasures......

1. Finished packing case.

2. Dropped big bag at CS and rewarded myself with O2 free coffee.

3. Dropped DS1 and GF at airport. Saved them UBER fare.

4. Made Delias avocado chicken with LO chicken and a couple of avocados and an opened tub of cream. Fridge is empty!

5. Did my Holiday nails while catching up with documentaries about Partition.

See you when I get home! :cool:
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Late Wednesday afternoon. Was supposed to be rainy but has been a bright but very breezy day!

Work. Don't mind a Wednesday ( as its nearly Thursday my favourite work day!) made some garage sale posters on spare cardboard.

Had a chap in to give me a quote for shipping container, still waiting feedback. Now when we moved out here it left in a half full 40' container but arrived in a 20' container and I know I'm not taking as much back so he was like oh you might need 25' and I was like no, I dont think so! Shall see what quote is! Last time company paid this time it's me!

Nice but very blowy dog walk!

Went for brunch with DD1.

Had a bit of a snoozette. I'm not sleeping very well, too much on my mind I think.

Walked round our wee town with DS, dog and a pile of posters for garage sale.

Just going out to the garage to continue the sorting!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 August 2017 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Go easy and gently with everything mhags. Might just about hear 'I'm managing and just doing what needs doing and coping well enough with bad bits and better bits, besides which, have Haggis and childers and myob....'
    Just sometimes, feel a bit of extra from here may not go amiss((()))
    #
    So, yesterday -

1. A bit VL-ish, more digging and pruning and planting and moving and thinking about Where for things. Started early and woodpecker flew low overhead; the distinctive call was what made me stand up, look up. Grass cut as rain spots came to nothing much. War v. Japanese anemones won....for now. Had to take ceanothus out, sadly. Rescue teen robin out back, close as ever. That's good. Shock can do for them.

2. More intermittent mending, which & likes, along with reviving things via careful hand-laundering. Very throwback, but there you go. Quiet satisfaction is had.

3. Went out back around stubble field to surgery for prescription and a good lb of blackberries easily picked within 5metres - and ditto minutes - of &'s back gate.

4. Late msg from rugby Sec. Gist - 'All welcome to first full training, from 7pm, see how new 3G pitch is progrssing.' Various ongoings mean & needed cutaway change. Scuppered npd, but glad I went. Stunning close of day sun. Great watching and hearing coach and tactics and training blocks. Chatted with others, including stalwarts whose son has grown through all ranks from tinies. Last season's Colt of 2016, now 1st XV on merit. Also>Sec., re: poss. Lille Club contact, via & and a French rugby family[post passim], chatting at Bastille Day fireworks at Bray-Dunes. Gosh, was that only a month ago? Feels longer.

5. Re-doing Coralux corner. For some reason, grape vine has gone mad all over top, making thick verdant roof, with loads of heavy bunches of grapes hanging down. Am assuming there must be loads more on top, all tangled with the clematis. That's going to be fun to rectify post-vendange. No idea how. Trailer filling steadily. Will have another major dump run at weekend. Marvellous help from shy Polish Raphael last Sunday.
    #
    Green tea will need to be re-zapped, with another h-m seedy+olive toast+ h-m lemon curd. Then Spits prep.....

Good days to all - coping, achieving, planning, deciding, resolving....whatever feels right.
    #
    Again, the add-on bits haven't stuck on.
    Happy hols house-elf and glad Cornwall was mostly brill. with some exciting extras, if unwanted, for you and sons, Frith [which was also posted several days back, but hasn't stuck, & now sees.]
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Put 15p in the Marmite jar

2. Lots of cuddles from KW *swoon*

3. Lovely coupley trip to Ikea last night, looking at things to improve comfort in his flat which will then easily fit in to wherever we live together with DD in hopefully a year's time! :)

4. Got a bit more done for school set up, going in today with DD and later, KW, to get them to do the climbing on tables sticking things on the walls stuff!

5. Bought 72p's worth of 9p tubs of fresh pesto in MrMs. It freezes, hence us buying the lot!

6. Used my £2 clubcard voucher to buy cards for friends' new jobs.

7. As we were starving after our shopping expedition, KW and I decided to have dinner at Co$tco rather than Ikea, a big saving and scrummier to have baked potatoes rather than veggie balls and chips. We would be polishing our halos had we not then had icecream for pudding ;):)
  • Email sent to millwright and the door has come off the hinges. More soon. CV live on site of job! You should never take chances. Millwright has responded!

5 Don’t think millwright has done a runner, but if he does not reappear they’ll be trouble at mill. Rule of BoP No 123-1. I come thirst. Got it. Millwright is on holiday the mo. He’s inn for a shock on Monday! Keep watching this space. Other stoker unleashed his cv and in link status yesterday. Millwright phoned within milliseconds, so he is worried! Two stokers clearing off not beneficial to growth and things like that. No BoP not gone to remains of human speak, but the market is there and the cattle this year have been fattened. As reported other where else, current crop of school levers is more aged than when BoP started his pre apprenticeship curse aged 14! Oh, are A Levels out this week? Come on force your children into debt and continued education! I need people that can use the shovel to stoke the fires, not a bean counter. Please do not tell me millwright about this!

40 Years since the King died. At that time BoP musical tastes had matured, the King was good, but Sid was by far the better statue! No guessing for the tastes, but we turned up once back at school, after our two days at the college, which from the age of 14 was freedom and got us into things like proper places, our Geography teacher who could not stand classes greater than ten (ex gramma!) decided that us ruffians who were too good for his class and as a delight, were transported from his domain into Ms Lovetts Class. That was not a punishment! So once after seeing the Men in Black, the Stranglers and watched them tear up their instruments, we were ecstatic and could not wait tell all to Miss on the Thursday. She minded us of seeing the Who some years earlier and they did the same! Overall and in the end, Ms Lovetts class got 25 O’ Levels, the Scholl masters class only got 2! Another reason on the pile not to trust educationalists.

3 While the stokers are reviewing their cases and things, good news is that the shirt buttons have been attached to the cloth. All is good and when I get on the kite to the Apple of Big for my birthday, I will think pension. Things hanging under wing of kite are BoP’s pension! Or as I explain to others around the mill, BoP was an aircraft electrician. The engine is only put on the kite to turn my generator! Well bit more complicated than that, but the blowy bit is only a glorified Bunsen burner! Hence the word stoker and boilers and coals etc. Still, I call it a mill!

2 After all that, I can sit down and eat my cakes of Jaffa and Berry Berry! That was nice with this mornings best back and mushrooms. Proper food and good for you. Pigged out last evening on Pork Pie for tea supperish. I know, but you sometimes have to do things like that! Oh, on sugared fancy things and the like, the donuts have not been taken. If you pm me, I can forward them to you for disposal!

And to think he sang about the ghetto, And to think he sang about the ghetto. And to think he sang about the ghetto

Oh, the Millwrights response! He is out of the orifice!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    DfV hope you are enjoying scottieland and the weather is being kind

Mhags, can't wait to be able to do dog walks :D puppy has 2nd vaccination next week

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Lovely sunny day
    2. met friend after work at garden centre and lots of chit chat whilst looking at lovely plants. She gave me some rhubarb and plums from her garden
    3. didn't buy anything in the garden centre .... apart from ...
    4. ...my friend had a voucher for afternoon tea for 2 cost £10, lovely sandwiches, cakes and scones with jam and clotted cream plus a big pot of tea enough for 2 cups each
    5. came home stuffed and snoozed with the puppy :D while DS went to the gym
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 August 2017 at 1:37PM
    Options
    1) DD1 has just paid off her mortgage, we're so very proud of her.

2) I have found the bottom of the ironing basket.....phew!

3) He Who Knows has just gone off to collect the first batch of apples from a friend to start this years cider making off this afternoon.

4) Cookie dog was brilliant last night, no fuss, no noise and lovely to come downstairs and be greeted with waggy tails and cuddles this morning.

5)A couple of boxes of nice raspberries from the allotment this morning to be enjoyed over the next couple of days as puddings with skyr.

Got a 6th today

6) the first two sweetcorn from the allotment which we have just had for lunch, the sweetest and tenderest plateful of deliciousness imaginable, yummy!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kittikins wrote: »
    3. Lovely coupley trip to Ikea last night, looking at things to improve comfort in his flat which will then easily fit in to wherever we live together with DD in hopefully a year's time! :)

Blimey! a bloke willingly went to Ikea? It must be love :rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    Blimey! a bloke willingly went to Ikea? It must be love :rotfl:
    Me and BoPsie went to this ikea thing once, it was in Warrington. It was in the eighties. Fortunately we have not been to either since! Avoid!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Looks like summer has made a reappearance in east anglia, warm and sunny with blue skies, fanflippintastic :)

All outside woodwork now painted, cottage looking tip top.

Friend sent me a helmet cam of her galloping equine pal across stubble field, am determined that this time next year will be me again....

Dragonflies in the garden.

HM broccoli and stilton soup for lunch.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport