PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Met a friend for a quick coffee. Had a catch up and we stood on the platform of the station and extended out chat by 5 minutes as my train was late.

2. Arrived at Twickenham before DH. He went from work and caught 2 trains like normal. I caught a train from 2 stations further down the line and went on the scenic route and 4 trains due to engineering work! Mine were too busy thankfully.

3. Watched rugby pre season friendly. Enjoyed the match. Looking forward to the start of the season.

4. Went for a meal in London. Wandered around first and surprised it wasn't busier.

5. Train journey home better as DH have me lift to my car at the station.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs mhags, you are amazing x

1. Blackberry picking with DD; we nearly covered the bottom of the pot, but did quite a lot of quality control :)

2. Got a courgette and some yummy carrots from the school veggie patch.

3. DD had a driving lesson!! Her final Christmas present from my folks. She looked so calm and collected but said she was panicking like mad, lol.

4. Had a mixture of sneaked in salad and cherries and pub-bought amazing cheese rolls for lunch in said pub's beautiful garden.

5. Cuddles with KW *swoon* and a lovely cup of Earl Grey for breakfast yesterday. He bought me teabags rather than flowers, he knows me so well!! I usually drink coffee at his, and I'd once mentioned that I only really love Earl Grey, so he showed his love with a packet of delicious tea :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Another huge (125lbs) of free apples has been collected this morning and will be pressed and more cider started.

2) Lovely trip to a vintage and steam fair yesterday afternoon, Oh the smell of steam engines and the sound of the whistles and hiss of the steam, doesn't get any better!

3) Really good music, lovely vocalist singing wartime and 50s ballads in the sunshine, fab.

4) Naughty but extremely nice piece of chocolate cake eaten with a cup of tea on the terrace of the restaurant where the fair was held sat looking over the spring fed lake and watching the antics of the resident ducks avoiding the model steam yachts zipping about on the lake.

5) Minature steam railways, Oh how my Zebra child would have loved, loved, loved the whole thing!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 August 2017 at 10:49AM
    Options
    Pleasures - abundant to find you here & largely thriving.
    mhagster - the Highlands are still there, whole (sluiced clean & bright with rain) & glorious for you to return to. Deep respect for the hard work of packing and parting, so hugely glad to hear pleasures still amongst that!
    Mrs LW - your adventures amaze and astound and inspire! Our much smaller beans but reach should exceed grasp. Miniature railways have a siren lure to some of my chicks too.
    Frith - I have serenely timed the Dentist to be on the Same Day. And am trying rather hard not to gnaw fingernails. Their choices, their exams, just somehow our hopes & dreams got knotted into their weaving.

Own bed. (Then hearing eldest echo "own bed!")

First brew of the day (that doesn't require firestarting).

Memory of son's early morning habit of just sitting quietly - and where feet have tampled the grass to something less than lovely, we found a very small brown speckled bird [research suggests thrush] was minded to hop over & venture astonishingly close - even perched on his boot briefly, considering worm potential.

Picking photos to send to grandparents - thanks to my husband, gently enforcing, I actually have several to choose from!

Tunnock's caramel logs! Wholly new to us & great fun. We also found Salt & Vinegar pombears (I love these crisps & now in favourite flavour!)

Observing sons generally eschewing the frying pan. Even the fastest metabolism can tire of fried food after vigorous exposure. They needed it at the time, but now with a different leisure comes the cry for a different breakfast & it seems bread & cheese is wanted. Just as well I got loaves & lumps last night after we'd unloaded the poor car. (If ever a vehicle deserved a good rub down, with a dry stable then a week in good pasture!)

Examining finess tracker stats seems I have actually achieved a 10,000 step day! Software seems to think I will make a habit of spending days hiking around strange cities looking for a teacup then admiring a castle... Machines have their limitations!

And now to put the washing machine to work. "Sunny intervals" so will see what we can line dry too.
    Hugs handshakes & best wishes for All strength, love & courage wherever needed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 August 2017 at 11:58AM
    Options
    Well those apples have been 'scratted' and are being pressed as I type, we're over 5 gallons of juice and a couple of pressings still to go. The burbling and blopping of bubble traps is going on in a mad cacophony all round me here in the study, blop, blop, blop....... and I'm enjoying a coffee.....

27 litres!!!
  • thriftyscotslass
    Options
    Pleasures for today:

1. Seeing house-guest off on the boat early this morning - lovely to have her stay; lovely to reclaim the house and the quiet

2. Reading a Tweet from DS and marvelling at his continuing independence and confidence when travelling

3. A beautiful and much-needed walk in the fresh air around a local plantation

4. Coffee from a flask and a nectarine after said walk - why does food always taste so much nicer in the fresh air, after exercise

5. Thinking ahead to our wee break over the BH weekend
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Toe nail presse cider coming up. LovLy!

5 At BoP palace on biosphere 1. Wrong ip for mse towers so faking it.

4 Don't mention the football. Both lost. Bad time. Oh well.

3 And it made my eyes water this afternoon. Chopping up onions. Then cod snd prawns into Skippers pie for tea. Batten carrots, peppers in homemade parsley sauce. Served with minted tatties and garden peas. Tum was rubbed.

2 Night BoPsie has promised a scrabble night. She says she will tan my back! Just remember she us only one sin off two wins on the bounce! More later.

Oh, the papers will only rush to get more carp,on the front page! Thus morning threw out the supplement into the bin. Guess next week the whole issue is heading that way!

Tomorrow is millwright talks day.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    1. NSD, much needed!

2. Went for a lovely swim with DD, she's such good fun.

3. Happy that my friend who's rediscovering the joy of dating after a 17 year long relationship, has had a second date and is planning a third with a chap - and he's Welsh!! ;):)

4. Fresh sheets on my bed, such a relaxing pleasure.

5. Having looked at some lesson plans I last taught 2 years ago, I've (hopefully) improved them a lot for this year's class!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 August 2017 at 9:30PM
    Options
    Mothers pride doing the kilt run dfv not a fan of tablet myself nor irnbru but see Scotland now only country where top soft beverage isn't coke. Hmmmm so what could it be?!
    1) more trips to the recycle centre including wedding dress
    2) dd1's friend came round to help and brought ys donuts and hot cross buns. In august I hear you say. They were yummy though
    3) lovely service. Choir back and young church restarted. Baptism of Bethany
    4) then lunch with friends (was going to go home do more sorting but have found 2 days of shredding paperwork more harrowing than iexpected
    5) last hot cross bun with mock brandy sauce ys to 10p
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,159 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MHags - hope you're OK. I imagine Scotland to be in the monsoon season, same as here...

Quick pleasures for today (Sunday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Lots of porridge - enough for me, my hens and dad's hens!

3) My hens well.

4) Dad's hens looking perky after their night in decent bedding and given rather more food than they're accustomed to - plus porridge.

5) Sainsburys for lunch and shopping. The zip had broken on one of my pairs of jeans so bought a new pair. (This is a big thing for me. I have 2 pairs of trousers at any one time and they are worn until they fall apart. I have had the blue jeans for years and I don't really like the replacement shopping!)

6) Bit more tidying up round the house and cleaned the turtle tank out.

7) Sons back and happy enough.

8) Bigger son went out (is still out). Smaller son and I watched the Harry Potter film.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback