PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Trying to get my posting mojo back so will keep trying for 5

1 puppy went back to bed after breakfast so I got a few more hours sleep

2 puppy walk in the snow, not settling so far

3 crumpets and butter for brunch

4. out for afternoon cuppa with friends. I had pot of tea £2 for 2 cups. Nice to catch up

5. blueberry muffin. Not MSE but very nice
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in.

2) Smaller son's trip to Alfreton was cancelled but he was surprisingly upbeat about it and will put the money towards the next away match - in Boston so even further away. He is very pleased about this as apparently it will mean even more stops in service stations!

3) Made a loaf of bread so had toast and marmalade for breakfast then tomato soup with cheese on toast for lunch.

4) Popped to nearest town in the afternoon and looked around the museum, had a cup of tea and bigger son did some skateboarding.

5) Home and made crumble (for the freezer) then 12 jam tarts and a large mincemeat and apple pie.

6) Tidied up a bit and lit the fire. Hens OK and changed their bedding for fresh and put plenty of depth in too.

7) Watched Casualty.

8) Snowed on and off all day. No vehicles have been through the village for over an hour with the last getting stuck outside our house for a few minutes. Bigger son was determined to cycle to his friends but only got about 3 miles before giving up and turning round. As soon as I typed that, just heard a car crawl past!
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 Had the pleasure of meeting a really lovely chap tonight who travelled quite a distance, he purchased DF!!!8217;s telescope from us. DF gifted it to us many years ago, but the space we needed to keep it was unfeasible, it did get used but not enough, we can!!!8217;t manage both his furniture and various things so made a bit of room and it!!!8217;s gone to someone who has a bit more space for it.

2 Finally ugly wallpaper is off in the bedroom, next time we move to a new house, we camp for a month before moving in to decorate the whole place beforehand if needed.

3 Gammon with pineapple and egg for dinner.

4 A lovely loungy evening.

5 Starting to think about planning in a few breaks.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Long chat with friend on the phone. Managed to change beds while talking to her.

2. Snow wasn't as bad as forecast here and DH caught train to work and I took and picked him up from the station. Also meant that DS2 went out with friends.

3. For Christmas I had given DH tickets for Witness for the Prosecution and it was last night. We were able to go and it was very good and we both enjoyed it.
    It was at the old City Hall/ old GLC building. It was a great building for the play.

4. Travel to and from London went well and all trains on time.

5. Kept the birds well fed. I filled the feeders up 5 times!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saturday pleasures,

A lie-in, made extra pleasurable by the sound of the wind howling around the house.

Boiled egg with marmite soldiers.

Little dog refused to go on her morning walk, just quickly did business outside and run back in to warm basket, sensible dog.

Popped over to see princess pony, attached her neck cover to stable rug, then on to emporium for a few bits. My fav herbal teas on special offer so picked up a couple of boxes.

Finally got to see Paddington 2 and loved it.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

Snow looks beautiful..........DS2 at cadets drill competition in Plymouth. Worrying about his journey home.

Yesterday

1. Trip to Wolverhampton,with friend, to collect 3 ex battery hens. Had a good chat in the car. Experienced every kind of weather on the journey!

2. Watching hens settle into their new home. Speckled is outraged at being invaded! Pecking order being established. Think the speckled might win :rotfl:

3. Went out to visit hens at bed time. Speckled all snug and warm in her bed, while the newbies all standing around covered in snow! Dusted them off and popped them in the nest box. Speckled hen outraged yet again. :rotfl:

4. Tom Kerridge one layer lasagne for tea.

5. Saturday night out with friends......Pans Labrynth at a small independent cinema. £2 tickets. Took our own popcorn.

Archers .......when the kids were at school, they used to say that our Family was boring, coz we were mum,dad and 3 children....seems Ruth and David are too!

Have a lovely day :rotfl:
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1 Had the pleasure of meeting a really lovely chap tonight who travelled quite a distance, he purchased DF!!!8217;s telescope from us. DF gifted it to us many years ago, but the space we needed to keep it was unfeasible, it did get used but not enough, we can!!!8217;t manage both his furniture and various things so made a bit of room and it!!!8217;s gone to someone who has a bit more space for it.

2 Finally ugly wallpaper is off in the bedroom, next time we move to a new house, we camp for a month before moving in to decorate the whole place beforehand if needed.

3 Gammon with pineapple and egg for dinner.

4 A lovely loungy evening.

5 Starting to think about planning in a few breaks.

LOL bit more space.. :rotfl::o sorry, that just appealed to me

Pleasures for yesterday

1 another trip to London. What a beautiful day it was to walk through the city, I had to carry my coat, it was so warm :T
    2. I was interviewee this time. It was interesting to be that side of the table and I enjoyed the experience
    3. OH met me at the station and we walked back together
    4 went to s new brew pub in the town with friends
    5 then on to a local Italian restaurant, which was delicious and very reasonable

And yesterday

1. No hangover to speak of :rotfl:
    2 clearing the conservatory... We are nearly there
    3. OH and I went to the tip in s blizzard. Luckily it was open
    4. Then we went out for lunch to s local cafe. Full English saw off the vague head I developed through the morning
    5. Leftover curries for tea. Always feels like a bonus - free takeaway.

A good three inches of snow here overnight. Last big push to finish the study and lounge. Today is DSs 19th birthday, weather permitting, we are meeting him in Birmingham later
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    LOL bit more space.. :rotfl::o sorry, that just appealed to me

:rotfl::T And it was un-intentional:rotfl:
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,914 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    house_elf wrote: »
    .DS2 at cadets drill competition in Plymouth. Worrying about his journey home.

Surely the winning team forms an orderly twin column and stomps tracks for vehicles to the nearest cleared roadway? (Swapping after each half mile with other teams should this be necessary.)

Bonus points for neatness, intelligent foot angling & in time to someone playing something suitably uplifting on their mobile phones.

Treble bonus points for furthest journey successfully completed & reported back to the organizers, with Facebook feed updates of neatly pressed uniforms and beaming grins under appropriate cold weather clothing?

(We've a Scout camp briefly snowed in & the Facebook feed is very clear the Scouts are having a ball & the Leaders happen to have enough food, drink, extra blankets, medication etc for all for several more days if necessary. That the Scouts are having So Much Fun argues against organising an intrepid coach, but one has already volunteered!)

OS PLeasures
    Am Certified! (As a First Aider At Work.)

Car passed its MOT on second try.

Slept a solid 10 hours & snoozed another 2 once I realised driving was off. (May not be in work tomorrow if this lot doesn't melt.)

Son (out with GF) has accepted "bring back bread!" mission - I love working the mobile phone concierge service in reverse.

Other sons dutifully doing chores & retreating back to their cosy nests with minimal prompting. (Not sure if they are praying for a Snow Day or just trying to hide something but admirable prompt forethoughtful cooperation. Deciding Not To Ask a pleasure in its own right.)

May all who travel return safe and largely on time, all who ail recover and all who grieve find a moment or two of peace. Normality in all its usual forms will be back shortly, so let's enjoy the strange quiet?
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    I’m going to waste space!

5 Had dippy eggs again this morning. BoPsie said I could had omelette, but no, I wanted dippy eggs with marmite soldiers. They’re were fabulous. Tea was drunk.

4 Film last night was Envy. We did not bother to watch the football!

3 Just done tea, well it was near disaster. This morning I had the saucepan lid bounce out of the sink. So later with chicken and mushroom pie, homemade of curse, I nearly had a skid out. Usual patchwork pastry, with lipeaf bits to hide the joins,cooked. As I plated it, it skidded onto the top plate. Fortunately BoP is well balanced and it was caught. Serbved with peas, cauliflower and buttered minted new tates. Then the last serving of chocolate sponge. Tum is being rubbed!

PM2DD it is looking bleak. Everyone else, it is snowing here, but at W8RS this morning we were first there at 9:45. The others were all off the road. Raffles came in last night and crashed into the side table, demolishing everything. He is ok, only his paws needed licking!

Other events this weak include a day at the mill.

RAF100. For Faith and Freedom.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure