PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wanted to say hugs Mhagster.

I’m lurking and reading, thank you for your pleasures.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures

1. Dry bright start to day

2. :(still no big item council collection BUT DH managed to speak to a competent person - so hopefully it will be a proper pleasure on Thursday :o

3. DH took another load of rubbish to the Tip so both the garden & garage are gradually getting tidied:)

4. No cooking - finishing off the slices of pie & samosas DH bought yesterday.

5. Finding various currencies (notes) of places we will probably not visit again & working out that we probably have at least £50/£60 worth to change at bank. Shame about the US$ but Donald the Hump has put the kibosh on us visiting the States any time soon :mad:

6. Reading your pleasures

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Fairly good day at work. Some of what was said at the meeting has been taken in board. Not all of it though.

2. Enjoyed my book on the bus to work.

3. Went bowling for the first time in years. It was for a colleagues birthday. Four of had sent and I finished third!! It was fun but probably won't go bowling in a regular basis.

4. Parking was free. I had remembered to take change with me though.

5. House feeling warm when I arrived home and DH had cooked for himself.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. New windows finally fitted. Soz for gratuitous pic: 6l7umw2c5wge.png The house is warmer and quieter. I think we will cheap out and go UPVC on the rest of the house. As much as I hate plastic there is no way I can justify wood throughout :(
    2. Window fitters said we needed a bit of repointing done, grabbed a builder who was repointing a wall on our street for a quote to repoint the front of the house...he said it isn't necessary and he'd recommend just doing the bits around the window for £200. GREAT! Have booked him in.
    3. Have emailed and texted a guy about loft ladder installation. Right now DH has to get the ladder from behind the shed, use it to get into the loft, then take it back down the stairs and into the garden! Think hatch, ladder and light installation will be about £550 but I think it'll be worth it for the convenience of being able to pop Chrissy stuff, camping equipment and suitcases up and down more easily.
    4. DD's grandparents came back from holidaying in Iran, which is my pleasure because her granny is an angel and I've been struggling so much to make all the pick ups and drop offs around work! Also she bought me a big jar of saffron and some lovely teas!
    5. House is tidy and calm. Beds are made, kitchen surfaces are cleared and there are fresh flowers in every room downstairs. Bliss.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Windows look fab MandM we also have wooden sash, they are v efficient.

Wednesday pleasures,

Farrier visit early doors, pony was a treasure and need to remind myself how far we come in the last 7 months.

The weather was dry and blowy so much washing dried on line.

Day before food shopping so wonky veg soup for lunch.

The daffodils are up in the garden and birds very busy in the hedges :rotfl:

Early to bed, feet on HWB and book in hand. Totally blame & for how addicted I am to M O’Briens D Jacquot books, now on fourth!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    They’re going down like ninepins this week, just wondered if anyone is being tickled in the queue!

When I’s cleaning windars!

5 Curryed favours last night and a wobblade was sunk as well. Tum was rubbed!

4 Back at the mill of fortunes again. As I pack my own lunch box, today I am expectant of call from BoPsie about the biscuit of club. There are none in our fridge, but last night two were in there. I bet you cannot guess what has happened to them? Tum is being rubbed at the moment!

3 On about proper foods again, this morning BoP was put on his way to the mill after wolfing down SpagYetti hoops on hot buttered toast!

2 Tonight BoP is at the camera club and we will see

In case you have been affected by the events in BoP’s Life, you can use the power of the MSE ignore feature and turn these daily updates off!

But you don’t want to do that!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) A very lovely and chivalrous man at the tip when I was trying to find out where to put the spent batteries. Could I get the little round seal off on the barrel? NO I COULD NOT! so he wandered up and said in a kind voice 'Are you having problems Madam?' smiled gently and just picked up the lid!!! Numpty of the year award goes to MOI!!! and he didn't laugh either, blessings upon him!

2) Putting the washing out on the garden line in the sun, blissful!

3) Best pleasure, hearing a buzzard calling 'keehaar' and looking up to find him and seeing 7 yes that is SEVEN all spiralling together on the thermals. Never ever in my life have I seen that many together it was majestic.

4) Found another lovely jumper at the garden centre in the sale, it makes two in a week which is naughty but I would never have paid the asking price so this really is a pleasure.

5) Talking to our Estate Agent this morning and finding the lovely news that all 3 of our viewers so far are really interested in the property because of it's size and the garden and are all 3 on the market to sell their own as quickly as they can. I have hopes this move will actually go ahead.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 We have today had new front and back doors fitted, it is an incredible what an improvement they are, and very recommended trades people as well.
    2 Having time to make some mince pies with various bits of homemade mince made over Christmas.
    3 Cooked up fake takeaway chicken fillet for lunch and cooked sausages with it for toad in the hole this evening.
    4 Answered more solicitor questions, I’m very glad I track everything and glad its thrown back.
    5 Clean bedding on for both us and the animals and other loads running through the wash.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1 We have today had new front and back doors fitted, it is an incredible what an improvement they are, and very recommended trades people as well.
    2 Having time to make some mince pies with various bits of homemade mince made over Christmas.
    3 Cooked up fake takeaway chicken fillet for lunch and cooked sausages with it for toad in the hole this evening.
    4 Answered more solicitor questions, I’m very glad I track everything and glad its thrown back.
    5 Clean bedding on for both us and the animals and other loads running through the wash.

We did new front and back doors two weeks ago and it makes our entire kitchen and side of house look MILES better. Only wish I hadn't waited so long!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evenin' all - dips knees, shows age :rotfl:

Happy new windows and doors MandM and PK

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Coffee with friend and then lunch with other friend. Decadent I know but it does stop me getting isolated
    2. Went shopping for DS's birthday on Sunday - just some bits and bobs as he wants a season ticket for his football team. OH is also having a season ticket for HIS birthday next month.
    3. Posted 4 boxes of stuff to Music magpie - it means the stuff has gone and some money should head our way soon.
    4. Cooked lentil shepherds pie for tea - used a pack of porcini and lentils that was 2 years out of date (shh don't tell OH and DD) and a tin of green lentils. It was lish - so I shall do that again.
    5. Did some much needed hoovering

And today

1. yoga - t'was hard. I am not sure whether I am getting worse at it or it's getting harder. I hope the latter. As ever was glad i'd gone
    2.Clicked open my favourite Botswana webcam and elephants filled my screen :j
    3. Organised my trip to Edinburgh in 2 weeks, work purposes. but coincidentally OH will be in Glasgow that night so he is going to sneak me into his hotel room...:o:rotfl:
    4. Organised to meet up with my sister. Now that dad has gone we will have to work much harder at it and she, poor thing, is stupid busy
    5. Really cracking on with work... every now and then a 'bolt out of the blue' helpful thought appears. i had one tonight, a really simple solution to something that had been bugging me.

Good night all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport