PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 March 2018 at 12:20AM
    Options
    Thinking of you, MHags.

Pleasures for today (still only Tuesday!)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) House tidying including putting the fireguard away for another spring/summer. For 17 years I have glared at it as it is rusty and grubby and cobbled together from 2 ancient mothercare mesh fireguards to make a cube with a door to fit over/round the woodburning stove. Every year I look online for purpose built ones that aren't held together with cable ties!

3) Hens well.

4) Went to local NT place for my lunch.

5) Smaller son texted many times in a panic because his taxi sharing friend had been sick at school (oh, the horror!) and he couldn't possibly share a taxi with him because WHAT IF HE WAS SICK AGAIN?! Could I collect him - no, I was miles away. I then received an email from his TA that he had been "melodramatic" which amused me.

6) Met my school friend for a cup of tea.

7) Parked outside the house and smaller son jumped in the car and I took him directly to McDs to meet his friends then they walked on to the football match. I sat in the car for 3.5 hours, with breaks to look round Sainsburys then have a cup of tea in Costa. It always makes your heart sink when Costa shuts at 8pm and you've then got 1.5 hours left to sit in the car... I had read my magazine thoroughly when a tall, dark hooded figure shot past on a skateboard, doubled back, then did a little dance and a wave and it was bigger son!

On we went to park outside the football ground just to see the football soar over the stands and do a massive bounce off the pavement by our car!

8) Have just got home and have 2 hwbs in bed and will watch Holby City just now.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Tuesday’s pleasures

1. DH managed to speak to a PERSON at the Council Offices so hopefully the broken sofa & office chair, fence panels & old mattress will be picked up on Wednesday.

2. Made Melting Moments biscuits :drool: Thanks for the recipe JackieO :T

3. DH got rid of more clutter at the Tip, then did sm shop

4. Good phone chat with my DSis

5. Tasty dinner - Sausage Casserole from freezer with boiled rice.

6. Reading your pleasures.

MrsSD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Long conversation with DS1. He has a job interview today. After passing the interviews last week he can now apply for assistant managers positions. Hopefully he will be successful but it will be good experience.

2. Did some exercise. I downloaded some routines so with those and my physio exercises I may lose weight and become fitter.

3. Daffodils still looking good and lit my new scented candle.

4/ DH saw MIL by himself. It is always a huge pleasure when I don't have to see her.

5. A lovely sunrise.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

A dryer day and when the sun broke through there was real warmth in it.

A good schooling session with my horse, she was very laid back and relaxed with no spooks, good stuff.

When I put her back in the field just sat on the grass for a while and watched her graze, now and again she would come up to me and smell my hair :)

Finally a t’internet engineer who got up the telegraph poles to check the physical integrity of the line, after 8 weeks our communication problems might finally be sorted!

Watched Shetland which I am really enjoying.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Peeps,

RL very busy, so here is a conglomeration of recent Pleasures. :)

1. Mothers Day afternoon tea at our house with some of my favourite mothers and children. (DD sent a Moonpig card.).......Prosecco, posh sandwiches, the guests brought HM cake and we got to use the best china.

2. I too did not have to visit MiL. :rotfl:

3. Visit to Cadbury World with Y11 class. They were well behaved and enjoyed themselves. At the end of the visit, my little ‘looked after’ student thanked me for taking her, as she had never been to Cadbury World before. .......that’s what my job should be about. Brought a lump to my throat.

4. Good nights sleep, cos got the visit to Cadbury World done without incident. Phew! Staff thanked me for such a relaxed visit.....:rotfl:

5. Fakeaway KFC for tea.

6. Kite Runner at REP. Excellent!

There are probably more, but have to stop, as Minibus training course about to start. :eek:

Have a lovely day :)
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2018 at 9:22PM
    Options
    & in poor nick since w/e, as with t'internet/t'wireless/all comms generally.
    Consistency, at least:-)
    Lainey, if your chap leaves you with surplus fixits, could they be sent this way?
    If 'Shetland'= Ann Cleeves' excellent cpns of Jimmy Perez, do read them:-)

Hope Mon=end of hospital for a while.
    #
    1. Enjoying old Carleton Hobbs/Sherlock Holmes, when it works-
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09v8t0s

2. Eternal smiles on this Day of pi[can't make symbol appear, annoyingly]
    Stephen Hawking, fiercely articulate scientist, lover of life/good wine/pretty women, gifted thinker/campaigner for Cambridge MP, DZ - and LP and the NHS.

3. Reading, listening, when poss.

4. Managed call to France yday - M's bday, 73. Blocked in and cut off for over a fortnight. Phone re-connected only at lunchtime. The lower outside mill wall crumbled in the night. 'Big noise' said M. & response, 'Won't cost 2/6d to put up again either' made M laugh. Present has apparently arrived at Nice, who had just called to say 'It's the wrong colour!' What???
    Plenty of anti-grenouille fioul for bop there:-)

5. Enjoyed the 'didn't have to visit mil' posts, vl. You too, vjm, with any luck....
    #
    All take care, please.
    Frith, do you not take thermos+bk+separate radio with you?
    Really hope elder son gets that job.

& had hopes of coach>Barnes for w/e club rugby, but that can't happen now.
    France did a nice thing though)))))
    #
    Apologies to bop for x-posting, disappears, back agains...maybe's.

Am also consistently shut out on mob. - 'no such person' etc.etc.
    Leaving the H bed made this post poss.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    There are other sauces for news about BoP, but only one unofficial channel. So to subscribe to the official version, please click here now! The other version contains graphic images of decent food and other soft things that make you all giggly! Now imagine of you only had one sauciness of news about BoP and how clouded that could be, yet you did not know about the other source?

5 Got to say the flix of net is being watched a lot this weak! Another Adam Sandler last eve, The Cobbler. OK you missed it because you read the reviews written by the sheople and no one does reviews any more. Well I suggest than rather sitting watching bull on the thing of ogle, you watch this instead! Got it, and the pop corn is good for you as well! More BoP film reviews in future updates.

4 On about corn, at the Palais de BoP we currently have two BrekFests on the go, Flakes of Golden Corn, and biscuits of weet! All served with fresh cold milk and juice. This is how BoP stays sharp and focused during the day. Proper foods, and not the sugared beri beri snacks full of glucose and carp. Avoid!

3 Got paint for downstairs loo thingy. Will be well brushed on Saturday, and as we has some cake inn as well, it will be too good, updates will follow later this weak. Normal snorker fest will also occur.

2 Nite BoP will be exercising his will to curry the favours of the stokers at the mill as we herd off down to the wobbleade emporium for a session. Further updates are unlikely!

Now with this news on pi day, you can relax nowings that your version of the life of BoP continues as normal!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, also didn't visit the MiL - :)

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Nice walk in the early morning sun - only brief but felt good
    2. Bath with the first episode of this season's shetland. i have never watched it before so will have to try to get hold of back seasons. of course the first episode ended so dramatically, I had to watch the start of the second :o
    3. Boxed up my music magpie sales - £50 will be added to the coffers shortly (posted today)
    4. Cooked harissa chicken with stir fried veg. Was lish and used up some veg that had seen better days
    5. Booked our holiday - all four of us are going, which hasn't happened in a while. A boat on the River Lot in France :j

have a nice afternoon / evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) DD2s rocking horse that has lived in our loft for the past 20 years has a new home in the local infants school. We put him on the drive yesterday and the deputy head spotted him as she drove past and stopped to take his photo and the Head said yes please! fantastic result!

2) Bought a new wok yesterday whey I was in town and made us veg stir fry today as He Who Knows said 'Oh no not soup again!', very yummy it was too.

3) Bumped into a doggy walking friend when I was out with Cookie and very pleased to find she now has a job in the school office. She's been dinner ladying for several years and this will be less hours for her but more interesting.

4) The daffodils behind the hedge are all out in bloom, sheltered little spot so they won't get flattened by the wind either, so pretty.

5) Heard woodpeckers with their yaffley laughing cry when I walked along the lanes today, always makes me smile!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sitting with a dog boy by my side. Been a bit of an emotionally assaulting kind of day with memories of this time last year .

But dog walks. Dry weather ( though blooming cold). Fajitas for tea. Clothes that didn't fit now fitting. Type written letter from DD1. Wrote a letter back lPosting some forms off. The sticking of sticky hooks in my room so I can wind the cord from my blinds up properly. Chat with neighbour/ friend.

Tomorrow is another day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure