PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    PK and M&M - I've booked up an appointment for a quote for a new front door too!! (We only have 1 door to outside as it is a 2 up 2 down). The same company is coming who replaced our window frames.

Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Took smaller son to Sainsburys at 8am for his cookery ingredients. He made spinach and ricotta ravioli in a veloute sauce today.

3) I had breakfast in Sainsburys after dropping smaller son off at school - his day starts at 8.20 as his communication centre begins earlier than mainstream.

4) I had an hour to kill in Sainsburys before driving on to see my great aunty. (Or great great aunty as that is what she is to my sons and it amuses her when we write that on cards we send her!) Had lunch with her and watched the news.

5) Hens well.

6) Got round to making new door appointment and tried to get quotes for skimming over the kitchen ceiling but could not get hold of anyone.

7) Went to floody city to pick bigger son up from his long day (he gets out too late for the bus home).

8) Had a Chinese takeaway.

9) Just been watching 24 Hours in Custody with bigger son.

10) In very exciting news indeed, smaller son and friends might be getting tickets to watch the local football team in an away game! His closest friend also suffers from anxiety and other problems so this is a first and a big deal. Snow permitting, they might be off to Derbyshire on Saturday on a bus with lots of old blokes!!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Late again :o

Thursday’s pleasures

1. The council finally picked up the broken sofa, chair, mattress & fence panels :T:j:T:j

2. New carpet offcuts wrapped & stored in garage :)

3. Birdies & squirrels visited feeders between rain showers :)

4. DH planed spare room door & it does not catch on the new carpet anymore NOR is there a gap :T He made an excellent job of it :kisses3:

5. 8 drawers of stuff sorted & now only 5 drawers in use :):j

6. Lo bubble & squeak (from freezer) + 2 fried eggs for DH - he wants it every day now :rotfl: I had lo takeaway curry (from freezer) + a fried egg. There are spaces appearing in my freezer - a few more days & we should be able to defrost :)

7. Reading your pleasures :)

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning,

Hello Prple Kitten if you are lurking......missing you.:)

Yesterday

1. Lovely sleep following visit to the Physio. Last visit. Now have to do exercises and find an activity to do to get fitter. :(

2. TA’s covered my lesson, so had whole day to write important document. Got it finished. :j

3. Lovely chat with colleague after school, catching up on kids in her class. Realised that it was almost 6pm and we had to dash off home! Felt guilty for making her late. :o

4. Chilli from the freezer for tea.

5. The shower in the bathroom is finally fixed. :j Looks much better than we hoped.:j and a fraction of the price that The Bath Store costed up for us. :mad: Just off to try it out.

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Had a meeting at work with the larger department. Everyone complained like normal but nothing will be resolved. The good news is i did some training I needed to do. The trainer makes it entertaining.

2. Had to move across sites after the meeting so caught the bus. I read a fair bit of my book during the journey.

3. Busy afternoon. Managed to leave just in time to catch bus home and read more of my book.

4.'DS2 cooked tea. A chicken pie which was tasty

5. Did more exercise another workout routine and more physio exercises.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pleasures for yesterday:

1. Dinner was lovely and usually fairly fussy DD cleared her plate and was rewarded with a small cup of vanilla ice cream at the end.
    2. DH is so lovely and supportive. I get really down in late winter and, until the weather picks up, I don't see it getting better soon. Got so anxious last night I ended up popping 1/2 a pill for it. He says all the right things and really helps.
    3. Mania at work should die down a bit as I've been working hard towards the board meeting which is today. Boss seems pleased with my financial modelling but my goodness I can't wait for the late nights to ease up.
    4. House is very tidy and neat, still enjoying the windows. I put a window box in front of the bay and am excited for the flowers to bloom.
    5. Treated myself to an avocado roll and cereal bar for brekkie, instead of my usual porridge. Bit naughty but hey ho!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thursday pleasures,

Wore my new denim pinafore dress, Capt S shocked to see my legs for once!

The necessity of a food shop, pleasure was the SM was quiet, picked up a few bargains and we were home within the hour.

The treat of a lunch out with my beloved, had scampi for first time in ages.

Plans made to catch up with pal at the weekend.

No cooking required so just cheese and crackers for supper, oh a glass of wine as well :D
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 In the boiler room, my pc was downgraded by IT. Fortunately we have the skills to debunk the downgrade and continue to keep the coals running. More steam!

4 And as it is POETS Day, I bought to the boiler room this day some very nice Fox’s Chocolate Chip crumble biscuits. We know how to live here. Tea is being drunk as well!

3 BoPsie has been left to paint the loo of downstairs today. Then all we has to do is get the floor done next weak! Sore Ted

2 Night we will be throwing Pop Corn and watching a film again. Raffles will be wanting his treat. On about films and that, now getting inn the mood for #RAF100 #Trenchard

I do not wish to be alarmist, but I do know what I am on about!
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1. I had quite a good sleep.

2. Lovely hot bath.

3. Quite a nice day out considering it is supposed to get very cold this weekend!:eek::D

4. Nice food in the fridge and cupboards.

5. No workmen due around and no phonecalls to be made! :cool:
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’m around I just reached a point where even the pleasures sounded miserable!

1 Takeaway tonight, free pizza thanks to a voucher, much to DH’s delight:j
    2 Had to run some errands, DF load to CS, bayed parcel to drop off point, then Lidl for animal Chicken, very busy but snaffled a convenient parking space.:p

3 Sat and vocally cleaned out one of the kitchen cupboards and cleaned the horrific dirt that had built up in there, I made so much noise the animals came along to see what I was babbling about.:rotfl:

4 We are trying to blitz our house, tomorrow, shelves down in the bedroom, wall cleaned and then maybe painted. DH has the wood to make the sides he wants when all painted and dry, we can put down the carpet that has been sitting in the front room for the past year – but it will now be done as I had a melt down at everything being “half done” literally.
    5 Candles lit, in the warm with a kindle, about to place a takeaway order.:D

Looking at the weather today it’s very hard to give any credence to weather forecast.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Agree with you Pk about the weather !
    Have also been lurking and reading all your pleasures has really helped thank you x

MHags thinking of you x

1. glad its Friday ! managed my first week back at work and had a positive meeting with union rep who will be backing me up in disciplinary sick meeting next week

2. lovely warm & sunny

3. washed and dried dog sofa throws

4. puppy was good on her walk (shame she was naughty for DS on evening walk)

5. DF has managed to go visit DSis for her birthday this weekend. Am glad he is not home alone again
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback