PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Super quiz on Friday evening, a fund raiser for the youngsters who are going on a World Challenge Expedition to the Himalayas in a years time from the school DD1 teaches at, very well run evening and we won the quiz!!!

2) Our Ruby Wedding on Saturday and we drove down to DD2 for a lovely meal out on a moored barge, lovely food, lovely family, happy me.

3) Snow overnight, some 10cms+ of it and a fabulous snowball fight this morning with DD1, James and his two lads, Oh I do love a good snowball fight!

4) Driving home after lunch on clear roads running well and with no hold ups.

5) Lighting the stove which I'd laid up before we left on Friday as we goy home, putting on the kettle which I'd filled up on Friday before we left and having a cuppa in my armchair in the warm.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 Sunday brekkie means grilled bacon, and it was delicious.
    2 Things sold on the bay and more things written up for listing when an offer comes along.
    3 Bird seed put out for the many hungry birds a delight to see and be able.
    4 I!!!8217;ve been craving a burger, so I made one from turkey mince and cous cous, and it was very passable, and can only be served with little cheese and salad preferably all piled up on top of it.
    5 I have today booked onto a fitness course.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Brrrr! Pleasures for today.

1) A lie in.

2) 4th and hopefully final major snow of this winter. 15cm today but the wind again making drifts of up to 30cm. The road has been clear on and off but I didn't drive anywhere.

3) Hens well and we took warm water and fed them in their pen.

4) Listened to the Archers.

5) Bigger son wanted to do lots of cooking today so he made porridge for breakfast, then made a sandwich loaf. Baked beans on toast for lunch. He also made the chicken casserole we had for tea.

6) Played cards after lunch by the stove.

7) Have ordered a new fireguard after finally chucking out our old and collapsing one (after 15 years of propping it up!)

8) Have been watching programmes on the laptop in bed.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi folks,

Purple kitten, fitness course :eek: I should really do something like that but not yet prepared to make the time available :o

Sunday pleasures

1. Waking up to a light dusting of snow - makes the world look very pretty!

2. DH sorting his own lunch - cheese & crackers!

3. DH enjoying watching the MotoGP races on his computer - I usually watch with him but didn’t feel in the mood. I have recorded all the races which means I can fast forward through all the boring chat which my DH loves :o

4. Have started on my next decluttering project - all the drinking glasses in the house & deep cleaning the glass fronted areas of my large wall unit. I absolutely love washing glasses. (Nice memories as most of them were gifts from the cricket team I used to do the scoring for :D )

5. Now have two dozen glasses for the cs - just need to work out how to pack them for delivery :o

6. More snow but still only a light dusting:)

7. Hm Stilton & potato soup with hm Stilton & bacon scones & hm Focaccia croutons. DELICIOUS :drool:

8. Watching the new series of The Good Karma Hospital.

9. Reading your pleasures

Good night & sleep well everyone.

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    edited 19 March 2018 at 7:22AM
    Options
    MrsSD thank you for the reminder about the Good Karma Hospital. Watched !!!! and Angel at the Chateau last night.......

DfV DS2 thought they would have to stay over another night, but eventually set off later and arrived home at 3pm, with a bronze medal. (Forgot to ask if they had marched a path in front of the minibus).

Yesterday

1. Snow looked beautiful.

2. Watsapping DD through the day. She is still having fun, despite events with her manager. :eek: He is going home. Clearly not well.

3. Few things on EBay. Then decided to sort the bags of stuff left behind by DS1 ex girlfriend.........2 hrs later. I have a pile for CS, a pile for EBay, and 2 bags of washing before sending to CS :eek: I also have a pile for trying on, as there could be a few potential work shirts. However, how will DS1 feel about me wearing them? :(

4. Trip to coffee shop with chums, as a break from de cluttering. DH has been painting the dining room, and deserved a rest. :rotfl:

5. Roast dinner for tea, with jam roll poly and custard for afters. Everyone ate it.

6. New hens settling in well. I think they must be barn hens...... They do not understand inside-outside yet, so just stand around in the snow. Had to put them in the nest box again last night. :rotfl: Had 3 eggs yesterday, but speckled one has gone on strike. :rotfl:

Have a lovely day :)
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning. Loving the light in the morning.

Went to bed very early ( even by my standards) last night.

Yesterday we went to our first ever ice hockey match.

We had steak pie , roast potatoes & parsnips carrots & sprouts...and may have had ice cream to follow.

It's been bright but the coldest of winds that cut through & the tiniest of flurries of snow that doesn't lie. Mainly just cold!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Light dusting of snow and looks very pretty.

2. Went to buy some light fittings and found some we both liked.

3. DS1came for lunch which was lovely. His girlfriend didn't feel up to coming. Had a talk about various things and touched on finances etc which he normally won't talk about so a constructive day.

4. DS2 cooked lunch. Roast beef and all the trimmings. It was delicious and was followed by apple crumble and custard.

5. Lazy evening reading my book.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sunday pleasures,

Belated congratulations to Lyn and MrLW :heart2:

Up early and braved artic winds to feed birds, bbrrr.

Bacon butties and caught up on all things Ambridge.

Read some of new book, Timeless Simplicity by J Lane.

Watched a silly old film with C Lee as Sherlock Holmes.

Walked little dog and then had warm bath to defrost.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Weekend pleasures:

1) Saturday morning Crossfit at 7.30am. Ended up teaming with a guy who looked like the incredible hulk. Yummy, though the weekend nearly killed me and I'm still struggling to lift my right arm above my shoulder.

2) Then back to bed for coffee and a few episodes of Four in a Bed...guilty pleasures!

3) DH hoovered, mopped and did all the laundry - sparkly house

4) Turkish lunch nr Baker St with some American friends I met on another personal finance forum. They were lovely, and it was so fun.

5) Bottle of lovely red and fire on whilst we watched The Devil Wears Prada with DD :)

Sunday's pleasures:

1) Waking up to a clean and tidy house

2) Made some gorgeous bread using a Lidl bread flour (Cotswolds crunch). Also made some roasted garlic and butternut squash soup, and a spinach dal. I don't have to cook until Weds night now :D

3) Managed to make progress on a skirt I started sewing last year!!

4) Enjoying a clean and tidy house, with fresh flowers that have lasted dince last Saturday.

5) Snuggles with the cats!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    By reading this post; BoP will garner knowledge so crucial to your own existence, you will not be able to put the kettle on without thinking about whether someone has notice you are doing so? I could all start innocently with your first pets name and end up being your password giveaway!

5 Oh dear, Ant and Wreck! Unfortunately BoP has no clue as to what he does, but I fear he has been nicked for something! Unlike BoP, who is a roll model for good food, obviously he is not! Avoid. BoP herd this on wireless thingy early today, vie LBC. Very good with Mr Allen in the morning. When events like this happen, BoP has a message that he repeats in rhyme to his followers. This one caused a song of What a Smoking Bar Steward! Or words to that effect! Currently this is oft repeated on Saturday afternoons!

4 While I hark on again about BoP being a roll model, yet again in Palais de BoP we had a choice brekfest this very day. Like it or lump it! Proper toast, buttered with marmite and two poached eggs. There, go to work on an egg or two. Proper foods and good for you! Eggs splashed into a pan of boiling water, none of that silicon plastic floater thing. And perfect. Tum actively rubbed at the mill. Now as you are aware, BoP can shave and scratch his parts, ash with flannel in shower, put on his Y’ fronts, fill his lunch box, feed Raffles, and get all this ready while BoPsie showers and does her hair and the like!

3 Lower loo is painted and readied by BoPise. All wes needs is the floor now and all done afore Easter! Now on good fryday we can watch the others go and rush the wall paper, laminated floors, and other things! We will be having a Dog Burger inn the carpark as well.

2 Nite for Tea BoP will be warming up the chicken and mushroom pie from yesterday. A perfect filling for any tum!

Next time you imagine how you could look on the cover, just remember the click you gave your all, yet like Cinderella, you cannot leave the ball? Interesting articles in the papers about Buck of face again. Not just old media upset at the new media though?

Yes, & I sometimes read the Grauniad!
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/17/data-war-whistleblower-christopher-wylie-faceook-nix-bannon-trump

Other sauces are available. Yet one interest it does not beat the power of some old media. For that, I was inn S on satday, and was amazed at their corporate sponsorship of some sport event! Wander about the sheople who get fleeced their, knowing that John gets ten times as much as Martina!

Then again I would pay again to see John!

There, yous now have the full facts again about the Life of BoP, and you can put it into contestx and data harvest it for your own ill gotten needs and excesses! Meanwhile, I have fires to keep burning!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback