PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pleasures for today.

Sunrise.

Dog walks. Bright and sunny and cold but not as bitingly cold as yesterday.

My washing line snapped the other day and have managed a half baked attempt at hanging washing between original post and neighbours fence. Managed to dry 2 loads .

Swept up at lane at side of house.

More communication back and forth with architect. It should now be as I want.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What an annoying day. Neighbour's dog barked from 7.20 - 5pm. It was out in the garden the whole time. No doubt it will be let out soon for it's near midnight bark.

Pleasures for today:

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens OK.

3) Was in an irritable mood so decided to do some irritating jobs! Went to town to sort out sons' money (moving their savings around), went to the library and to Sainsburys.

4) Changed bank accounts so I can get their free money for joining.

5) Finally got through to a local plasterer who is coming tomorrow to quote for skimming the kitchen ceiling - the very last surface in the entire house that hasn't been replastered!

6) Just watched 24 Hours in Police Custody with bigger son.

7) In bed and will listen to Just a Minute once smaller son has gone to bed.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs SD it is very local to me, not walking distance but local and has parking if it involved any more effort than that I know I wouldn!!!8217;t bother.

A rather lazy day just feeling rather meh, I blame the weather.

1 Had to pop out for prescription and !!!8220;duelled!!!8221; the supermarket, I seemed to manage to get all bar 2 items reduced so great timing.
    2 I!!!8217;ve written out a proper meal plan again to stick to a left-over turkey wrap was lunch, and dinner was BBQ chicken and noodles all rtc from freezer
    3 Washing loads done, and the whole house hoovered.
    4 Gave the neighbour full fat cokes and various alcohols that we don!!!8217;t drink, they are happy and we!!!8217;ve de cluttered it.
    5 Some plug plants turned up which are now on the windowsill waiting for better weather later this week.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. A friend asked me to supply a reference for her

2. Finished work on time. Only a couple of rants when people not doing their jobs properly. I spent half my day apologising for the wrong appointments being made.

3. Chat with DS1. He has some decisions to make about his future soon.

4. Watched Only Connect.

5. Daffodils still looking good.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all - came on a flying visit to ICT to check all was ok after the weekend's weather.

Pleasures for Sunday

1. Pretty much finished the organising in the house. Just a couple of large furniture items to get rid of then we are done.
    2. dippy eggs and sourdough for brekkie
    3. DS's birthday (19 already) so we met him in brum and went to pizza express
    4. had a Mr T £30 off voucher
    5. Drove in so we weren't walking through the snow

And yesterday
    1. Walking round my lovely tidy house.
    2. Met friend for lunch in Brum
    3. Then went to do an interview for PhD - it's getting there
    4. OH cooked steak and veg (no carbs) for tea
    5. We went for a walk by the sea, no wind so it wasn't too cold. The stars were awesome.

Have a good day all - i am back on the lunchtime train.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2018 at 1:59PM
    Options
    1. Just saw rhubarb still looking sprouty, leafy-outy, stalky, while putting out more birdie bread.

2. Sunny day right now.

3. Cackity snow did not stop &, when young Alma cohort texted, 'We're keeping this seat for you....' So lovely of them, way below half &'s age. Made it, wearing Ireland rugby shirt[a grandmother], an AB scarf+flag for tablecloth[so kind of &], through heaving pub to Said Seat. A brilliant time was had and & is still Lent-obedient. Excellent Welsh landlord had a shout of 'What's she doing in here?')))
    All is so good in The Alma. Then cellist E. had to be away for her performance-
    https://www.mus.cam.ac.uk/events/cambridge-university-symphony-orchestra, but & couldn't attend, sadly.

4. Loved this, now realise it was in one of &'s disappeared posts:
    http://www.kettlesyard.co.uk/events/new-music-concert-ligeti-string-quartet/
    Cellist E knows them well.
    Fabulous music.

5. Em received of surprising auction results, despite appalling Saturday weather. V. pleased.
    #
    5a. Made it for hospital despite letter confusion, then decided on Scotsdales visit for absolutely no good reason at all i.e. the best kind.
    Spent sunny time over road at rugby club first, munching apple, thinking about Stuff. Lovely warmth behind windscreen glass.
    Eventually was quite good, allowing self another snakeshead fritillary replacement pot. Where do they go?
    & loves snakeshead fritillaries. Scotsdales lady said no-one there has mastered them either. & always thinks they're bulb-y, should therefore simply reproduce, mass and clump up, year-on-year. No, they don't.
    Surely didn't need to buy these either, but they'll be planted shortly:
    3855-boogie-woogie.jpg2Q==
    and
    a0322211381c3920a9f15c5b72030d4b.jpg
    #
    Must away. Happy safe days to all and 19 candle puffs to son of vjm:-)

ps. In enzed life, dahlias were no more than big green caterpillar chews. Some years, there are spectacular dinner-plate ones along Magdalene wall/river, in town of gown.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Dippy eggs and sour dough. No, has to be marmite soldiers!

5 The warmed up chicken and mushroom pie was wolfed down yesterday evening, with fresh garden salad. Just on BoP’s pies at the moment, his pastry while it is hand rubbed and good for you, is like a patchwork quilt in a way. Still, it does hold the pies together! Tum was rubbed!

4 That has BoP going onto the next ready food that is to be made this very weakened! I was thinking cottage pies, with dollop tatties on top, but we is away on easter Saturday at the RAH. Viewing recommended. So it will have to be a couple of rhubarb and apple crumbles instead. These will be served with lashings of fresh lumpy custard! Then I can use up the new tatties with some stew and dumplings!

3 That is the weekend sorted now on about proper foods, Raffles, who slumbered onto the bed last night, does enjoy his fresh treats. But this weekend he is in for his flea and worms treatment. Usual rules, he will not be a happy Hector! Anyhow, he loves his food as he knows what is good for him. On about special foods, I see the cakes of Jaffa are on offer, but they cannot make their mind up on a pack of 10, 11, or what. Now as we has the offer on the cakes of Jaffa, these have been included in BoP’s box of lunch! It is well packed this day as well! Salad, and proper cheese! Cakes of Jaffa have gone well with BoP’s tea!

2 Nite BoP will be showing his newly trimmed beached ready looks in the gym, on this glorious thirst day of spring!

As BoP is not currently eating puffed wheat for breakfast, he is safe from any honey trap, but take care out there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Fika (coffee and a cinnamon bun) at Ikea this morning.

2) Lots of yellow flowers out today on the Cookie walk Daffs (of course), celandines, primroses, forsythia and mahonia on the bushes just coming in to bloom, lovely and bright.

3) The snow has gone and it's warmer out there, still cool enough to need a hat and gloves but the 'bite' has gone from the wind.

4) 2 x new lampshades found for the Standard Lamps, plain white but will look very smart.

5) Meeting a lovely little Poodle/Bichon Frise cross puppy while we walked, all wiggles, and waggles and licky tongue, so cute!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another bright day. Not done terribly much as been a bit headachy. ( diet cola withdrawal probably)

Nice doggy walk with my nice doggy and just going out again soon.

DD2 finally getting her re viewed exam score....an ongoing pain in but as there were mistakes made in her first results and all the different examination board departments not taking responsibility. However she has doggedly kept on at them and has a better score!

Had a clear out of wardrobe at weekend and had brought bag downstairs to go into charity bin today, friend then texted to say they were collecting old clothes as a fundraiser. Sorted.

Made a quorn chilli and had it with salad and pita bread.

Son saw lambs.

Washing dried on the teeny tiny line!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today (Monday).

1) A rather short sleep.

2) Smaller son got up early to have an elaborate shower, dressing and hair combing session.

3) He made a cake today at school but we won't see it until Thursday as that lesson is reserved for the decorating...

4) Got some jobs done - phoned dentist to remake appointment, phoned local football team to reserve ticket for smaller son for next away match (last cancelled due to snow), hoovered and steamed floors, changed bunk beds etc.

5) Hens well. Snow nearly thawed (again) down there.

6) Put some money in my existing bank account so the switch to new account can go through. A nice swapping bonus coming my way next week, hopefully.

7) Had lunch in nearby NT and saw a lady wearing the same jumper as me! Dark blue, white dots, Sainsbury special.

8) Met my school friend for a cup of tea.

9) Our new fireguard arrived and is a big improvement.

10) Pulled pork for tea with potatoes and peas.

11) Watched Holby then bigger son and I seem to be working our way through every available police programme - we've finished 24 Hours in Police Custody and another one called something like Murder Diaries. Watched another fascinating one this evening.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback