PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) A very naughty pleasure.....I remembered buying a small gingerbread for Christmas which went up uneaten into the store room and was today retrieved, boy is it GOOD!!!

2) We've been looking after the two gorgeous spaniels who live next door while their parents go to a family gathering so lovely walkies, lots of cuddles and wagging tails and playing ball in the garden.

3) Walking Cookie too and managing to get round just as one shower stopped and only getting the edge of the next one as I came up the road from dropping her home.

4) Meeting lots of doggie friends on the afternoon walk, Rupert the labradoodle who is absolutely gorgeous and looks (and always has since I first met him as 12 weeks) like his namesake Rupert the Bear, Yogi the pug, Dyson the chocolate lab and a new little spaniel whose name I didn't catch but he was lovely.

5) Passing an entire border of tiny daffodils, like Wordsworth's by the lake, perfection in the sun.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Love, love, loving that days are stretching out at both sides.

Early morning chat with my sister.

Drove to T, in and out. Got what I was going in for and nothing else.

Saturday roll and slice sausage ! Schlurp!

Made meringues and carrot cakes. Aunt was coming through and had missed out on birthday celebrations due to weather last week.

The niecely people came ( but the Aunty and the granny didn't come over as early as had been said so they had to go) GN & I made pancakes with leftover egg yolks , they were inhaled...as were the meringues when I issued the oh, go on then just have one as we were fed up waiting!

A very enthusiast reaction to the waterproof jacket I'd bought GN. Navy polka dots and worn home! Much laughter when she was here. I love the interaction between my niece and my kids.

Much rain today. I quite like watching it run down the windows. My clean windows! Gave them a clean this morning. Had had birthday thing sup and had taken them down.

Tea is being delivered tonight!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    An extra pleasures for yesterday that I forgot to type:

After dropping bigger son off in carpet town, was driving to nearer town to go to the library etc. As I drove along the riverbank to get to the bridge, a gaggle of geese walked out in front of me! I managed to block my lane of traffic and the one next to me by parking and keeping my door open and stopped the traffic coming towards me. Then I herded the geese back on to the river bank. :-)

Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in.

2) Bigger son went to his father's (smaller son has not been yet this year) but reappeared after a few hours and has now come home altogether.

3) Hens well and I had a little bonfire and tidy of the allotment.

4) A metaphorical wild goose chase this afternoon to buy some butter etc for profiteroles as our local town has nothing in. The shelves in both little supermarkets were bare!

5) Off to Sainsburys (other direction) with smaller son where we got everything with no difficulty. At one point smaller son hissed at me, "Give me the car keys and DON'T LOOK!" so I think a mother's day present may have been bought...

6) Smaller son is making profiteroles as a test run before making some for my parents and brother (and us) tomorrow.

7) Just watched Casualty.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Frith wrote: »
    At one point smaller son hissed at me, "Give me the car keys and DON'T LOOK!" so I think a mother's day present may have been bought...

Awww! (From the woman who shamelessly brought a *handful* of colour-me-in cards stocked by McDonalds as an Unsubtle Hint to my chaps.) Not holding my breath, either.

Other OS Pleasures recently
    Tree branches are beginning to show green buds but the cherry trees remain demurely sealed. The reckless generosity is not impulsive.

The photo mug for my mum has arrived - & my young thugs look charmingly endearing thereupon, so I hope she enjoys it. Bonus is undoubtedly that it does not answer back...

Martin's interview. My word, my affection & respect for the man has cranked up several more notches. I'm so so glad he's both a daddy (& can do Mother's Day now) & his work with Grief Encounter. "It is far better to remember the wonderful person that you lost, than that you lost a wonderful person." Bless him.

We've got the right chuck for the lathe! Been gently keeping an eye open for about three years so today was something of a red letter day & Keighley has become 'the place with the chuck'. Oh, the to-get-around-to list Himself now has...

Middleson covered himself in disgrace by abusing not one but two very specific saws. Fortunately, said child has promised full replacement but has yet to actually apologise for using the wrong tool, despite the right ones being in the same pot. We are in mild awe. I ordered one replacement saw that Was Wrong, was scolded, messaged them stat & they have already refunded the whole palaver. (As I say, some times the little things can leave me beaming.)

Child has handed me three "free 500 ml coke zero" chits discovered in amongst a sixpack of cokes acquizzed for lunch. He refuses to try to interact with these himself as "they never work for me", so it looks like I'll be lugging several bottles of zero back with the shopping. The packed lunches suddenly got more interesting.

Right. Back to RL & whatever Mothers Day brings. All health strength love courage luck & defensive headgear & footwear as indicated to such as have need!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pm2bop good day for fish, bad day for boaters
    1) weather miserable so started spring cleaning - living room done
    2) made scrummy spicy green lentils from cranks cookery book which has been liberated from holding up broken sofa - new sofa arriving Friday
    3) sat in nice clean living room (had already bought 2 armchairs in sale) and started reading book club book as still raining
    4) semiramide with dd1 live from met. Totally absurd story but fantastic singing. She assures me if she accidentally stabs me she;ll have been going for mrpiano rofl
    5) home to a pizza box with ;eat me; written on the lid. So we did :P
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Met a friend for coffee and we had a good catch up.

2. DS2 played rugby and scored a try. He also came off with slight concussion when someone his chin was hit with someone head.!

3. DS2 explaining that he can't drive so won't be able to buy me a card but does have a present.for me. He also said if one of his friends is around he will see him today as his friend lost his Mum a couple of years ago so finds Mothers day hard.

4. Met friends for a meal. It was good food and reasonably priced. We were the last to leave but a very enjoyable evening.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saturday pleasures,

Time to myself whilst Capt S met eldest for breakfast, just me and little dog eating toast and listening to Rev Rich.

After that a productive morning in the garden, finally attacked the buddleia and reduced to manageable 2ft plant, also tidied the honeysuckles and clematis.

Over to see Lu after lunch, weather very mild so she had a mini bath, greys are hard work!

Lovely hay man turned up with 15 bales, should keep pony in style accustomed to etc.

New to me chocolate, dark with orange and ginger, oh my.

Extra pleasure, after the days exertions no pain at all from tendonitis :j
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Mothering Sunday,

Yesterday

1. Visit from lovely young man who might manage our kitchen extension project if it ever happens.

2. Trip to Costco for lunch and petrol for DH and flowers for DH’s DM.

3. Thor at IMAX film festival. (Forgot it had so many funny lines in it :D).

4. Costco meatballs for tea.

5. Evening by the fire catching up with TV. Even managed a glass of wine. :)

Have a lovely Mother’s Day :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Watched Toast on Netflix. Film based on autobiography of chef Nigel slater. Amusing but also touching. Good acting.

Alexa playing random music. Song !!!8216;my dearest dear!!!8217; my mum used to sing solo in church when I was little girl.

Homemade curried celery soup for tea.

Went on motorised exercise bike for 5 mins.

Did first drawing for own pleasure since starting beginners art class. Only a bottle on table but never thought I!!!8217;d get to this point! Hated art at school. Bottom of class.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all from a bright and breezy ICT

Work is coming on apace and I'm feeling ok about what I am getting done.

1. Bought tea bags - and other necessities. Got £2 off a £20 shop
    2. Went for a walk by the sea and through the town.
    3. Went to the 'basics' shop to stock up on toiletries and nabbed two long sleeved t shirts and a pair of, what I think are, jeggings from a chazzer for the grand sum of £10. Wasn't sure about jeggings but they are comfy and will definitely do for here.
    4. Got through a particularly nasty work thing. Well, not nasty so much as a slog. I am coding interviews (nVivo, DD) and had to set up new codes for a new batch. But it's done now
    5. Out with friends for the evening. Drinkies in Aberdovey then pizza and wine in the very nice cafe bar.

Have a good day all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family