PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Smaller son was the only child not ill that goes in his taxi so they sent a car today, rather than the usual little van thing. He got in the back and looked as though he was being driven away to open a supermarket!

3) Hens well.

4) A very enjoyable day of archaeology including home made soup.

5) House reasonably tidy.

6) Played a bit of football with smaller son.

7) Made broccoli cheese (with pasta etc) for tea which bigger son said is his favourite. Bigger son made a treacle sponge.

8) Watched DIY SOS then the cancer fund raising special of GBBO.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Tuesday’s pleasures

1. Good night’s sleep - night caps are definitely conducive to sleeping well:rotfl:

2. Full fried breakfast, plenty of juice & coffee

3. Got turned down by first bank we visited:( But second bank was more than happy to accept our money in the next couple of months - have appointment for tomorrow:)to sort the paperwork.

4. Cappuccino & cake :drool:

5. Were going to buy me some cheap trainer type shoes But found a Sketc..rs shop:) so treated myself to a pair & now I know what size I can order my next pair online:j

6. Three postcards for those people who send me one, each time they travel. Stamps bought from THE GPO on O’Connell Street - more cappuccino & cake then back to hotel.

7. Wrote postcards & posted in the lovely green postbox outside the hotel:j I feel very virtuous as usually I mail postcards when I get home:o

8. DH had burger & chips, I had beef & guiness pie & although mash was Not on the menu, I asked & received mash:j+ :beer:

Wednesday’s pleasures

1. Good sleep - can do it without a night cap:rotfl:

2. Full fried breakfast etc

3. Appointment at bank went well - Tara was a delight to talk to :T

4. Cappuccino & cake - there is a theme here:rotfl:

5. Back to hotel in the sunshine:),dropped off paperwork etc & then on an open-topped bus for a 2 hour tour of Dublin with live commentary:T We lao :rotfl:

6. Sun kept playing peek-a-boo:rotfl: & the very chilly wind decided to put in an appearance - so when tour finished - yes.... you’ve guessed it - cappuccino & cream cakes:)

7. Back to hotel to get warm then out for dinner - same place - different meals - DH had fish’n’chips, I had lasagne - good food at fairly reasonable prices + :beer:

8. Back to room to get warm again, then a nightcap or two, bath & bed!

9. Reading your pleasures.

Nighty night

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 March 2018 at 1:40PM
    Options
    Today is International Women' Day.

Now if you watch the Bolshevik Broadcasting Comisariat, just remember that the biggest prosecutor of women in the UK is this organisation!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/02/tv_licensing_two_thirds_prosecutions_women_one_london_court/

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/sep/24/in-court-non-payment-tv-licence-television-desperate-cases
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs SD sounds like an enjoyable break. Probably haven’t been to Dublin for about 20 years. Need to go!

Yesterday

1. Nice chat with DS2 on the way to school, and got to work earlier cos temporary traffic lights had gone.:j

2. Took my lovely, but lively DT group to museum. They were fabulous. Asked and answered lots of questions. Enjoyed the workshop afterwards. All back safe and sound. Phew!

3. Did a bit of training after school with some new staff. They were lovely.

4. Too tired to go to the cinema, so stayed in and watched Back in time for Tea and £1 Houses. Both getting a bit irritating now. Wanted to watch Bake off and DIY SOS, but DH not keen.:(

5. Text from my freebie hunter friend with plans to meet up tonight and Friday. :j

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Spent some time in the garden. Started to dig a new vegetable bed. Didn't do much as it was very hard work as muddy but it is started. Also moved some soil back into base area of new greenhouse.

2. Started painting the kitchen. Doing a white base coat to cover the yellow . It will need at least two more coats of paint. I aggrieved finished the first one yet!

3. Finished left over macaroni cheese for lunch.

4. Enjoyed reading my book for a couple of hours this afternoon.

5. House reasonably tidy.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,672 Forumite
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures,

Capt S washed my car for me, might have been splashed by a tractor with trailer, might not have been able to see correct colour of car.

Met up with a pal for lunch at big garden centre in Uni City, just a sandwich but very enjoyable and good to catch up on all news. We had a wander afterwards and talked about creating cutting flower gardens.

Home and walked little dog around the field, everything is starting to burst into life and birds are very vocal in the hedges.

Caught up on first episode of GBBO, cried at the end with lovely Mr Turnbull :(

Early to bed with my book.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thursday pleasures:

1) It's Thursday...yay! Am ambling downhill towards the weekend now.

2) Have been super busy but boss really happy with my work, so yay! Also on work front DH has a telephone interview with an amazing company which may bring us a step closer to being able to live on the continent for a year!

3) Looking forward to lunch: homemade vegan shepherdless pie with swede mash topping and cabbage.

4) Muscles nicely sore from CrossFit. It's expensive so not very OS, but cheaper than the pub and makes me feel GREAT, so worth it :) I also slept like a LOG last night as a result.

5) French class tonight. Unprepared, but I always enjoy it.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 I doubt ifs I will get a word inn edge ways today with you lot around the parish!

4 Was inn town yesterday, and had cheese on toast, with ham and pineapple! Wobbleade was taken inn moderation. Johnny the con was trying his luck with his paper worthlesses. Fortunately the lass on bar took wind of his fake £20s. Early though, we normally see them when they come to the CheltScum Festival!

3 came inn to the mill with BoPsie this morning, and she is off with my hard earned cash!

2 Well yesterday our #RAF100 IoM stamps arrived! They now hang on the all!

All is good in the Life of BoP
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Another viewing of the house this afternoon.....we'll take refuge over a pot of tea in Cookies pub for the duration.

2) Trip to Chichester this morning in the sunshine to get some obscure ingredients that I can't source locally, now in my store cupboard, hoorah!

3) Walking Cookie this afternoon and finding a whole grass verge (in a sunny spot) covered in tiny deep purple real wild violets and celandines with their eyes fully open, mini suns, So pretty and so welcome after all the cold weather we've had lately.

4) House is tidier and cleaner than I've ever known, keep thinking it belongs to someone else, we do lived in!

5) He Who Knows has just steam mopped all the hard floors downstairs, bless him!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Mrs LW - I used to go to Chichester for my holidays as my uncle lived there. Well, it was Birdham that we used to go to, such happy memories of summers that were always sunny, and trips to Wittering and Bracklesham bay on the bus.... Fab..

Pleasures for yesterday

1. busy trains but a i got a bank of 2 seats both ways
    2. my workshop had been cancelled but the email didn't go out until late and i didn't see it. Luckily i was going down to London (up? to London?) anyway
    3. Walked to station, to university and then to parliament square. Such lovely walks in the sunshine. Who knew there were pelicans in St James' park? Not I
    4. Excellent lunch interview with 2 prominent women in construction - and one of them paid, perfect.
    5. Put up pictures in newly decorated lounge - inching closer to finishing.

Have a good day / evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family