PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Various jobs done this morning including bunk beds changed.

3) Hens extremely jolly.

4) Went to local National Trust place for my lunch.

5) Popped to Sainsburys for cat food and J20s so smaller son could test out his new bottle opener.

6) Saw my school friend for tea.

7) Back home briefly to get changed and my brother had been round to keep smaller son company and they'd had a jolly time playing Fifa.

8) Bigger son sent me a video of him scrolling down through all the online homework he has finished. He's completed the lot now, after being 17 hours worth behind.

9) I had a job interview at 6.45 at a local shop. I think it went OK (better than the horror I had with the National Trust) and part of it was a fairly difficult and timed maths test!

10) Watched Holby.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the job frith
    1) after last night;s thawing rain sleet this morning - very glad mrpiano drove me in
    2) can a spreadsheet be an mse os pleasure? It is magnificent, it is accurate, I am so happy with it. Spent an hour with admin sorting the final queries but all is now in order and I feel relaxed
    3) left over hm split yellow pea Dahl and crackers for lunch
    4) mrpiano picked me up. Somehow he;d managed to pull his wing mirrors in and had no idea how to get them back out. Fortunately my friend happened to be leaving and was able to help out, having a similar car. Mrpiano is not technical but my goodness the Rachmaninov is coming on
    5) then mrpiano cooked a delicious pasta dish and we moved the old suite out onto the pavement where it will be picked up tomorrow. New one arriving Friday so tomorrow evening will be cleaning
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning :)

DD they keep telling me of the joys of spread sheets, but I am yet to be convinced :rotfl:

Tuesday

1. I was dreading the 2 meetings booked in for the day. They both went really well, and we got the result we needed. :)

2. Nice lunch of baked potato and LO coronation chicken.

3. We have running water, and electrician came to fit an outside plug for DH car, so no more messing about, swapping cars to use the electric charger point. :j

4. Stopped at Mr T on the way home to get stuff for DT lesson. (Tights :rotfl:). Found lots of Xmas sellotape reduced to 10p for 3 little rolls.....Got a few :D

5. Fire lit, bit of TV and sewing. Opened a box of chocs from Xmas, but not Cadbury and not keen. I am sure DS2 will manage to finish them off!

Taking a group out on a visit today. They are lovely, but lively :rotfl:. Wish me luck! :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Picked more daffodils from the garden which are looking lovely in a vase.

2. Spent some time in the sun in the garden. I had a bonfire and managed to burn most of the wood but still some more left to do.

3. Washing dried on the line and folded so the majority didn't need ironing.

4. Tidied the hall cupboard and it's looks better. Items out elsewhere in the house where they belong. Majority was out in DS2 bedroom!

5. Watched Holby and then celebrity bake off which was funny but also moving at the end.

MrsL hope an offer is placed soon on your house.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all - 'nother day 'nother train & etc... This one is to London for a workshop - i am hoping to sneak out for an hour or two at lunchtime to do another interview.

Good luck with the job, Frith

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Good walking - to and from station this end. From and to station at t'other end. Included walking by the canal for a bit which was nice.
    2. Did a good interview - really useful stuff. Getting there slowly
    3. Had a minor medical procedure that wasn't as painful as I was afraid of
    4. Went to MiL's for the evening. it was her 86th birthday - cake was eaten and she liked her pressie of theatre tickets for her and me in a couple of weeks time
    5. Went out for a meal with the family - OH, MiL and I, two SiL's, BiL and niece and nephew. Basic pub food but was tasty. (though unfortunately for me, the tastiness came from added MSG so I was wide awake until 1 this morning. i had to be up at 6 and am very grumpy if i get fewer than 7 hours sleep)

Have a nice day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

Popped to feed store for couple bales of haylage as in danger of running out of girlie food before delivery on Saturday, pleasure was got £ off as finally completed loyalty card.

Lulu lesson, she was very good, one spook when birds went up other side of hedge but she stood her ground, she is a smart cookie.

My lovely DN gave me a facial and head massage, bliss.

Unexpected but smashing family meal at her house, I see my darling brother in both of his girls.

Roadworks meant long drive back and glad to be home.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 Early this year, but when you have customers at the mill pond, you have to give them a thrill. This is all about BoP’s pension, so there.

4 Was well trimmed last night in the gym getting beach ready. Well loosed up.

3 Checked my unsmart meters again today, and we are not over budget again. That is because the yellow thing is out despite the frost this moaning! Still we has emergency estimated bill. Looks like the NHS pc is ruining the show. Avoid!

2 Nite again BoP will be showing his beach ready looks again in the gym. If you missed it last night, you will have another chance later in the week!

Coals are ready in the boiler room for the furnaces.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pleasures for today...

1. Working from home - managed to get veggie shepherdless pie, braised cabbage and bolognese prepped on my Pomodoro breaks
    2. Beginnings of spring - a sea of irises in the garden, sun flooding our little house
    3. In laws going to view a house and some land in Devon today - I'm excited for them! May or may not have been on Rightmove last night marvelling at how much house we could get there...in case we ever followed them down...
    4. CrossFit tonight! I've only been doing it 3 weeks but I can feel my body getting stronger and am enjoying doing something just for me.
    5. House is tidy and clean, enjoying our new external doors and only a few days until our bespoke wooden sash windows are installed. We paid a couple of months ago so the financial pain has faded and I'm just excited to see them in!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Beautiful day today, just right for being outside and walking that hound, magic!

2) Found nice books for the Grandpickles in the local charity shop.

3) My brother came walking with Cooks and I and we just nattered, lovely.

4) Had boiled eggs and crispbreads for lunch, one of my favourite things to eat, delicious.

5) The first leaf buds are just beginning to show green on my hawthorn and blackthorn hedge, the blackthorn flowers are just beginning to uncurl their petals too, must be the beginnings of spring!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. Must have fallen asleep before posting last night.

Yesterday the architect came first thing. Did his survey and I should get plans next week.

Went into town with DD2 who had vouchers to spend so spend them she must! I got a pair of smart trousers and a pair of very comfy red leather loafers in charity shops.

Went for lunch which was cheap and cheerful.

Went delivering some of her thank you cards.

She has handed in her notice at work. It was a very toxic environment and not good for her at all. Sighs of relief all round .

For today ...

Well up and out early in my smart new to me trousers ( and breathe in ...) and red shoes and off I went. Parked in supermarket and took train for an interview. I'm not sure how it went , I felt I answered well but maybe someone else will have answered differently. If it's meant to be it shall be.

Spoke to DD1 a couple of times. Sometimes it's just as quick to call than to type!

Had to wait a couple of hours for train back so had a very good mooch around charity shops. Got a few tops and a pair of jeans for me and a dress and jacket for GN.

I loved the train rides in both directions. And so much cheaper and quicker than the bus. Haven't driven there in over 9 years so didn't fancy tackling rush hour traffic and not knowing where I was going / parking etc.

Got a couple of RTC plants for garden and a huge ham RTC now in the freezer for Easter at supermarket where I'd parked.

Good chit chats with kids when I got back and DS had a call and a job interview tomorrow . So crossing fingers and toes for him.

They had RTC pizza and I had omelette and salad for tea.

Trying to find some paperwork ( which to be fair I'm sure I left with DD1 as its my Australian car stuff which she now has) and encountering other stuff which can certainly be thrown out! And found a form I needed to! But didn't find what I was looking for as I really do t think it's here but have emailed company!

Met my old (84) neighbour in the middle of M&S in interview town...we were both surprised to see each other . Had a quick chat and I will go and visit soon...just not on a Monday...she's at Pilates then! She's amazing for her age and will look forward to seeing her.

Bit of a drizzly on and off kind of day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure