PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,567 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frith, only next stop worth giving headspace to is Cornwall, with sons.

The happy juice will do its work and you should have more than adequate painkillers subsequently. Don't stint yourself with these. It is not noble to try and do without.

Tune into Mr Finchley Goes to Paris on r4x for diversion right now. Episode 3 just beginning. Mr F is tasting absinthe! Now that's a good idea! :-)
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    (((frith)))
    1) saying Siri I see a little silhouette of a man

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All best and success wishes winging their way to Frith.
    & Capt S was listening to TMS when they played the joke on GB and called me to listen, I have been known to shout at the radio at times when he is being overly opinionated so made us chuckle.

Some pleasures for yesterday,

Difficult day as nursing a poorly Labrador so didn't go far.
    Stood and did the ironing pile.
    Lovely vet came out to us to avoid the stress of taking her in, won't think about the bill :(
    Evening walk with other dog and we surprised a hare sunning itself by edge of field, luckily Tilly was on lead.
    Big dog starting to look a bit better after medication kicked in.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 At mill, wes stokers inn the boiler room work 24/7 and have delivered our cloth, minus the shirt buttons, have upset the other shift. Yes, the shift that does nought, zilch and is a waste of monies! By us blowing our trumpets! And excelling, we have been granted five minutes of fame on the workplace pages! Photos have been taken of us indulging in fancy thing and trinkets! Cake has been eaten! As reported yesterday, cake inn moderation keeps you happy! Please avoid too much indulgence as it could affect your gloating level severely! See below for more gloating!

4 After showing off my ready beach body last nite, I returned home and wolfed down the kedgeree! While burping as I ate, I watched the leather being thwacked. Can you believe it. They were easily skittled apart from their composer! Song and dance what! Go Ali go. Now I said here that I thought two year back not quite finished, but he is readied for the ashes! No problems, the real cricket starts in November. Oh, the Windies. But hey, what about the lasses t’other night and they gets one over the French! Mind you and as a PM2DD #UTM Kick off Saturday! While at miil, I have found a blade! And an owl. Poor things, always wanting higher, yet!

3 After that, BoPsie correctly said there was nought on box last night so we played Scrabble! BoPsie got off to a flier with an eight letter word, getting bonus points on the way, but she left herself with the Q. Catching invisible wasps and folding her arms, she was successfully blocked three times and ended up not playing the Q. That, in a game of Scrabble counts against you in the end. Obviously BoPsie remains only one win away from the chance of two on the bounce! Raffles was disruptive and invaded the pitch! Wobbleade consumption occurred.

2 At the emporium while getting the ades of wobble, and cheese. Yous knows that BoPsie drinks wine and wine goes with cheese, that the emporium proper cheese is diminishing! Our emporium w8rs has got itself a new double processed muppet food counter. If you’re unsure what double processed food is, thens BoP wills tell you! When BoP started his apprenticeship with Findus, find us a proper job!, we were told about food processing, especially peas! We learned the dangers of processing food, and storage. The dangers were worsened with food that has been processed once, and then processed again, such as frozen mixed vegetable, that has to be removed from storage and processed again! Confused. That sandwich in the shop started off as a loaf bread and some other ingredients that were processed. Now to make that into muppet food, it is taken from storage and processed again! The loaf, instead of going from the bakery to the shelf, goes from the bakery to the warehouse, with the other ingredients! Then taken from there and processed again, put into plastic, which as you know is bad, then sat back in the ware house, shipped and sat on the shelf for three days before you eat the stale sandwich! At twice the cost of the loaf! Avoid.

Oh, does I rant on and on and on and on and on! Well, about the cheese. Loads of processed cheese, grated, sliced and the like! Then one narrow squeezed shelf of proper cheese. And the cheese counter, halved, for a new deli of muppet food prepared in front of your eyes! Raw fish wraps of cheese and other muck. From pieces of salmon at £4 for 4 oz, now £6 for a slither around some cheese yogut mix! Avoid. And please when you see the sea bass, bream on the shelf and it looks nice. It is farmed. Avoid. Proper fish is things like Grimsby smoked haddock, from the Barents Sea. Which of course, BoP has had on Sunday and last night!

As for our selfish council, they have again blocked the supermarket that does more than provide local fresh foods, in favour of keeping in bed with the overpriced co-op! Yet soon these same greasy palms will be licking themselves out when the Green Theme Park is blown through without question. Silence be there on the Lithium mining for the electric car!

As we rid our selves of one toxin, why are we blind to the next catastrophe?
  • ampersand
    edited 1 August 2017 at 1:21PM
    Options
    Well, it has to be a gorblimes, bop.

Talk about 2 on the bounce!... that's &'s total on the bounce bop agreement tally! What's going on? Then, like Moeen, we do the hat-trick. Choice of!!

Enumerated:
    Emporium slickery = home front slackery.
    (& haggles. This works.)

Gas-pumped for "look fresh" foods.

Catch-weight comparisons. People without sums don't understand. E.g. rtc romancello peppers, 280gm packs. & weighed all 4.
    Tallied 285>404gms. Which one did & choose?
    #
    Now debadgered:-). Training college price, £17.

Returning to make bread with flour, salt, water, live yeast(free from MrT), store cupboard seeds and any suitable stray use-up wotnots. Good kneading exercise for oap &hands.

Frith, thinking about you steadily. Wondered at the 1hr-, then the 2hr-mark.

Stop &, tiresome droning. Lithium mining's another fracking-box-u-lite...
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) He Who Knows and DD are back late this evening, I've missed them.

2) DD2 and the babbits rang Oma this morning for a lovely chat, Zebra was making a truck with his lego and I got detailed instructions 3 year old style and mummy kept doing it wrong!!!

3) Have sorted out my packing but not packed it as I wto have DD1 check it out to make sure I've not forgotten anything.

4) House and garden up to date, just have to steam mop the floors before I go to bed tonight.

5) Nice sunny day, bit breezy but not raining.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did try posting earlier but apparently my token had expired.

So briefly
    Monday : work, paid , met friend for weekly catch up, grocery shop under budget, helped on PTA doughnut stall at school carnival, apple crumble for tea & bed by 7.30pm

Tuesday : work , freezing cold but bright day, picked up by Canadian friend & whisked off for breakfast of toast & marmalade, home, booked my flight,
    dog bed thingy picked up an extra $30 in the pretty glass jar, took DD2 to school, snoozed, picked her back up ( evening theatre visit)

Good night :)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Back! Very strange experience but it's gone.

All done by 10am.
  • ampersand
    Options
    Done is done, Frith. Hooray!
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So glad Frith:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business