PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Went running last night with DH at our running club - 9k in an area famed for its hilliness so not bad considering hiow unfit I am. DH stuck with me as I plodded round in the middle of the group. Usually he's off at the front and looping round to say hello once and a while. Came, back, ate the baked spuds and roasted mediterranean veg I'd been keeping warm in the slow cooker, had baths and went to bed.

2. At the weekend we did the basecoat of the kitchen, utility and downstairs loo. It was a horrid magnolia and we've painted it white. Looks so much cleaner and fresher. Trying not to think about the fact we need to do the top coat this weekend. I know it'll be good when it's done, though, and WIPEABLE...yay!

3. I have a beautiful big cauli I bought from the greengrocers in my fridge ready to make curry tonight, and a lovely fat pink grapefruit on my desk. How lucky we are to be able to choose what we eat!

4. Been relatively healthy (no booze, loads of fresh veggies) the past couple of weeks and I'm feeling really good for it.

5. Door man is coming this Thursday. We're getting the draughty front door replaced with a new composite jobby. Can't wait - it makes our hall SO cold!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How exciting for your friend VL
    Me me for the Archers too, don't know much but know what I don't like!!

Monday pleasures,

Cold, bright day, good to see the sun.

Into horsey town for various chores, all completed and treat of a small, wooden snowman brought home to sit on my dining room mantelpiece.

Rare afternoon at home, celebrated by watching B&W film with Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine, pleasure topped off with mug of olvatine and mince pie.

More food, this time rtc pork chops topped with mushroom crust, MaryB recipe and very tasty it was too.

Uni Challenge followed by couple of games of Yahtzee.
  • 5 EI Ei Oh what! So BoPsie won a game of Scrabble and is only now one win away from too on the bounce! So there. I don’t need the agro around here as you all think that it was good. I’ll chew my wasps! Besides, I get fed up of thrashing her every time.

4 Back at the mill. Sorting the cloth out that is coming our weigh and checking the latest on my pension scam. Looking good for November 2096! Now dependent on how long I want the millwright to pay me!

3 Was taking my beach ready body into the gym yesterday and was pleased to see that after w fabulous weak in New York, my tutu fitted like a dream! So as you can see if you eat proper foods you can keep trim inn a beach ready body!

2 last nite after the gym I watched a film called Fun with !!!! and Jane. Now yous lot of educationalists would recognise these names as all your books are based on them. It wasa bit more mature than your versions but again quite funny. Talking of flims, looks likely that BoP shall be on the Warster Big Express on FryDay as Paddington is inn town! More Later!

Am not one for taking it …
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy lunchtime all - currently waiting for my gas engineer to arrive..... He's promised that I am his no. 1 priority today - well, after he's done the school run and waited for his parcel to arrive......

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Thank goodness for portable heaters - an oil filled radiator in the dining room / office and a convector heater in each bedroom...
    2. Had a slight falling out with OH over the timing of chores... :o but all done happily in the end..
    3. Good PhD interview - unfortunately i had to rush the end as she was a chatterer and my parking had expired. So number
    4. is that i just beat the parking attendant to the car... :rotfl: Luckily i'd parked on level 10 and they were still on level 4.
    5. jacket spud and a tiny portion of chilli for tea - too small for OH and DS and DD doesn't like chilli. Only had it so the cooking of the jacket spud would heat the kitchen... :p

Have a good day
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 A very odd day, DH and I travelled to my interview, it went well and resulted in an offer, however I politely declined as I don’t want to do the 130 mile round journey each day.

2 DH and I went into it’s local town for lunch, chatting over the role and found CS’s that are still CS’s 3 garden books, a big bag of tinsel and a mug for a total of a £1.

3 We walked on the beach, his old stomping ground and it was lovely to chat, but we came to the conclusion the job just isn’t right, it’s the wrong time, wrong location and just wrong.

4 Home to a pasta bake, mulling over what a surreal day it’s been.

5 Reading a kindle book, on my very unhappy tablet.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options

We’re skint

No... I am skint !
    (but I don't look like Kirk Douglas :p )

Problem puppy, problem child, looking for pleasures

1. crisp sunny day on sunday, after remembrance service I managed to get some washing out and dried

2. DS went to volunteer job remembrance service, hoping this will motivate him back to work

3. new clothes ordered and size 14 jeans for first time in 22 years :D also returned many of items ordered on credit card for refund

4. bank switch going through for £125 switching bonus to pay for aforementioned new clothes :cool:

5. puppy gets off sofa if I sit down and doesn't like being stroked / cuddled :( but have discovered that if I cover my legs with my soft furry throw she will lay down next to me :) Throw is same colour as her so maybe she thinks I am a puppy friend. (Just need to stop her jumping up and biting us when we walk her *sob*)
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • No... I am skint !
    You win, but we have no money!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have money - a handful of riyals and a fist full of dollars. Can only mean one thing -off to Saudi tomorrow. Abaya and scarf packed in hand luggage, passport check a gazillion times
    1) good meeting first thing. Dundee is hopefully geting its first Pride 2018
    2) lovely left over lunch - left over veg from last night, rest of passata and cooking cheese from end of last week, some chopped onion left over from Saturday, and a sprinkle of chilli flakes
    3) found talk for Friday phew. Would have taken a while to rewrite!
    4) I am now packed
    5) and listening to 40 years of newsquiz
    Night. Next post -posh hotel in Riyadh
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    skint does your local vets have a puppy school? Or a friendly vet nurse who could give you some advice without costing too much/ anything?
    Hopefully she will settle down.

DD safe travels...can only be warmer than here ;)

Well it's Wednesday morning and I've woken to the fabulous news that the majority of Autralians voted yes in the marriage equality postal vote, this does not even mean it will go ahead , which I hope it does , and was a waste of millions of dollars that could have funded something else. But by crikey. YES!

My Tuesday was lovely , didn't get much done but talking!

Lovely dog walk and we met a digger driver and a surveyor wondering how to get in to the field and did I know who owned the field ? That would be a no as I was trying to stop my dog barking. He is so territorial as in he thinks everything is his land...the problem of having grown up on a huge corner plot I think!

Cracked open the leftover from a Hallowe'en monkey nut shells to give to the birds , whilst waiting ...

For my lovely friend and our 5 hour conversation! We went down to my old work and just talked and talked and before we knew it was 1pm and then when she dropped me off and came in for 5 minutes to see Haggis and left 2 hours later...it was so good to see her and just blether and there's so much more where that came from!

Hugs at old work. Nice to see ex colleagues ever so briefly!

Then it was time to put some beef in slow cooker, have a wee afternoon snoozette. Had par boiled potatoes and parsnips and have frozen them in anticipation for Christmas lunch ( there are many coming!)

Then friend and daughter were coming for tea, so we had steak pie, mashed potatoes and veg and more chit chat.

And then I went to bed. Exhausted by talking I think!

Much to be done today which I need to get done as time is ticking for children coming home and bedrooms need decorated!

Have a lovely day :)
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning

Very excited to read about your Saudi adventures DD.

1. DS2 wearing his corporal 'sliders'. He is very proud.

2. Gave one of my 'looked after' students a book.

3. Managed to get the last of the meal deals in M&S, and use my £5 off voucher.

4. Started to clear DS2 floor while he is away at his GF. Found glasses, a million odd socks, assorted cables for electrical items long gone, my hairdryer..........

5. Gave DD a pair of boots and clutch bag, hardly used, and left behind by GF. She was pleased!

Not many school based pleasures.......

Hoping for a jolly day today. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport