PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thursday pleasures,

Tough as woke up feeling rough with cold lurgy, so guess first pleasure is medicine box with plenty of supplies.

Trip out to Sainsbobs with money off voucher, counted up as went round and qualified for spend by going over by 50p :)

Chicken soup for lunch.

Pamper session for Lulu and she went to bed looking pristine, won't last!

Home and a book package had arrived so bedside table has been replenished, mostly British Crime Classics.
  • 5 You’ve not had enough of the rest then read on. Sun is bright at the mill for this time of year so the bales of cotton are drying quick outside.

4 We have read up on new supplier to mill with millwright and all set to go to the big smoke on Monday. Please remember that BoP can only think pension!

3 Lunch is the usual bits of proper cheese, salad and cakes of Jaffa today. Tum is being rubbed.

2 Nite BoP shall be on Big train to Warster after seeing the Paddington movie at the flicks and a visit to the wobbleade emporium!

If you are unaffected by BoP’s ditty, please feel obliged to contribute to my wobbleade fund!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have been thinking it's Saturday all day....
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For today : hurrah for Friday

Nice dog walk, blustery but dry and dodged the puddle!

Painted, not a real pleasure of course but it has to be done so I suppose the doing it is the pleasure! Listened to radio and sang along.

Took dog to vets for his annual vaccines. Not cheap! 'What lovely big nostrils' as he had kennel cough vaccine shoved up them! And we never saw horse boxes at our Australian vets!

Back to paint...boo hiss ! But gladly interrupted by a friend and neighbour popping in. We've just been waving as she drives by. She brought me tea towels as I've bemoaning the fact I haven't came across the box they are in yet and some lovely flowers I've put in my bathroom.

Went to tesco and got a few more RTC things for the freezer and some RTC roses. ( this was prior to friend coming with flowers)

A bit more painting and then the light was fading so a good excuse to stop!

Friend messaged me to say she was going to ikea and did I want anything? Just sent a little list back!

Made lentil soup this morning. Four portions in freezer and one left for tea tonight with some left over tiger bread will be just fine.

Not much planned for this evening...will be going as far as a very quick dog walk and that's about it.
  • DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Have been thinking it's Saturday all day....
    We used to call it Chopping Day when I worked in KSA!

Before any puns etc, a Saudi did tell me that it only cured the repeat offender!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) a lie in till 7:45. trying to ignore that's 4:45 in scottish money.
    2) my lecture on the lecture went extremely well. i called it 'the lecture is dead, long live the lecture'
    3) one of the attendees was from kuwait and gave me his card. hmmm haven't been to kuwait...
    4) Not allowed to use hotel gym, sauna or swimming pool due to lack of Y chromosome, so walked / jogged in hotel room for 40 minutes with added benefit of watching heartbeat. i'm up to series 16 episode 20.
    5) conference dinner tonight - fab evening out in the hotel courtyard. warm with a slight breeze.
    earlier start tomorrow unless i decide to go shopping with colleague - he was flying over from Trinidad and his luggage is lost at New York.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Folks,

Friday

1. Got up at 4:30 to take DD to swimming pool again to film for an audition. Realised I needed holly and Ivy to make Xmas wreaths with horticulture group. Down the garden wearing head torch, and collected big bin bag of holly, Ivy and tree Ivy! The pleasure being that the anecdote has amused people all day!

2. DD managed to get better footage of her routine. Phew!

3. Got to the florist for more supplies before school. Felt like lunchtime when I arrived, and still had not had breakfast! However, I was on time!

4. Made lots of Xmas wreaths with the help of the students, just need ribbons etc.

5. DH and I took advantage of 50% off offer at Eds Diner. (Everyone else busy, so cheap dinner!). Watched all the Deep Purple fans going past on their way to the Arena. Then walked back to the car along the canal. A proper date :rotfl:

Happy weekend :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Excitement in the Lurcher household when we had the house valued and got a nice and very welcome surprise.

2) Spending yesterday ruthlessly shedding surplus possessions to donate to the Sea Scouts Jumble Sale to be held in the village hall today, huge pile at the end of the drive last night was collected and gone (with no regrets) by 7pm.

3) Sadness in part but pleasure mostly in the final decision that Cookie dog WILL be going to live with Grandma at the end of the month. We shall miss our walks but both Grandma and pooch will have company 24 hours a day and we won't have to turn out in the cold and wet of winter.

4) Finally making the decision on where to house hunt, we've been vacillating between going closer to DD1 or DD2 and have decided to look in the periphery area of the city DD1 lives in to get better value for our money and we're likely to be able to find the house we want at a price we can afford there.

5) Rugby on the television last night, fab game and well worth the watching and very exciting!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday pleasures,

Cold, bright and frosty day, smashing.

Went into town of gown to meet friend for coffee, we first met 30 years ago in old workplace but life has got in the way and haven't seen each other for a couple of years. Lovely to see her and time flew.

Pudsey came into coffee shop :j

Not very OS but treated Capt S to some Hotel Chocolat truffles, his favourites and don't often go into town.

Clearing Lulu's field but stood and watched the most impressive sunset.

Started new book, Thirteen Guests by JJ Farjeon.
  • villagelife
    Options
    Much better day.
    1. Gorgeous sunrise. Can see it much better from the kitchen window since the tree was cut down.

2. Walked to local shop to buy some eggs. I didn't have enough from the chickens. It was a lovely walk. The weather was crisp and sunny. I walked the long way to the shop.

3. Chat with a neighbour. Catching up with all his news.

4. Made a cake for DS2 as it was his birthday. He went to work and then stayed in. He decided not to go out as couldn't drink.

5. Met friends in the evening which was fun.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback