PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. A lift home from work with a friend. Good talking to her.

2. Remembered to buy soy sauce as had run out and I would need before main shop.

3. Took lunch into work.

4. Colleague at work being supportive.

5. Text from my suster.

Found 5. Hopefully will be easier to find today.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

Not a great start as WM gave up ghost, guess pleasure was managed to get all the water out without turning floor into swimming pool.

As song says things can only get better so headed over to yard, left Lulu in her field whilst did her stable, love the smell of fresh shavings.

The sun come out so towels mainly dried on line and finished in TD.

Off to the Abbey to watch DN in Youth Cup, unfortunately they lost but the sight of him in amber and black playing on that pitch was enough to bring tear to any Aunties eye.

Home to happy dogs and Ovaltine.

Happy hols DD!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a good trip DD - can you tell them to lighten up on Yemen please :(

Pleasures for yesterday

1 - 100 heating is back.... :T
    101 Got started on my questions for the assessment day i am doing on Friday (I am an assessor of professional competence (Me!!) for my professional body).
    102. Washing dried on the line
    103. Nice evening out with old school friend of OH's and his wife.
    104. It's warmed up so the walks to and from the station were very pleasant

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Had great development conversation with boss yesterday. Not necessarily OS but bouncing around and excited about the future.
    2. Unlimited supply of posh frothy coffee at work, though trying to stick to two cups a day. Also, homemade thick lentil soup waiting in the fridge for my lunch and looking forward to oodles of fresh veg for dinner tonight. How lucky we are to have a fridge full of food when so many don't.
    3. Working from home tomorrow, which means less driving (yippeee!) but more heating (boo) as there's no way I can do without it, now. Still, nice to save the commuting time and I'll be getting a quote on replacing the external doors which I'm really excited about. Warm and toasty!
    4. I did project 333 for the first time, in early October (picked out 33 items of clothing, incl. shoes and bags, which I will wear for 3 months). Feel very well put together today in my dress and cardi. Also means it's far easier to put clothes away as they all fit into one drawer and a tiny portion of the closet.
    5. 5k run with work colleague yesterday. Legs were a bit achey from my long Mon night run but now I feel very alert - my body seems to be 'waking up' a bit. Now exploring starting swimming or climbing too, for my 'off' days.
  • DD2KKIA Hope your stay in Gods Country is ok, and it is a lot bigger since I was at Kharj, Hardh and Riyadh. Did work at KKIA! Mind you there is no posh hotel in Riyadh! JVsMum. Yemen, ah the Rub al Khali. That is so far up the back it is in the pancreas! Uncle was there late 50's hole then, hole ...

5 Off to smoke on Monday to sort out millwrights new bales of cotton. I will be again for the Big Train from Warster, no actually this one starts at CheltScum.

4 Curry evening tonight. I have a couple of extra pennies for the wobbleade emporium. Mind yous while I’m on about the mill and things, Humane Remains, one of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse!, has written wishing my good self a happy birthday via mail of e. It is only ten days late! Autogenerated news that no humanoid touches!

3 Watched Engerland last night and can say that Vardy and Rashford should be offered summer work at a travelling fair next June. More later!

2 Don’t knows how we have done it, but Mr T wrote personally to BoPsie and gave her £9. This is a record for recent times and we will have to convert it to cocoa and other nice things!

And Skint, I still have no money!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    And Skint, I still have no money!

Don't come crying to me after swanning off on yer hols
    :rotfl:
    I am always skint so cant lend you a farthing/groat/sixpence :o

MHags, we are going to puppy classes and she is well behaved there ! At home she brings toys to me wanting to play and lays on my feet, just doesn't like sharing the sofa with me I think ;) The biting thing is just when we walk her and the thinking is that she gets over excited and thinks she is playing with us :(

1. switched gas & elec via mse energy club for cheap fixed tariff similar to what I pay monthly now and £25 cashback

2. got puppy a new toy, a fabric squeaky burger only £2, she has been running around with it all afternoon squeaking it like mad, tail wagging :D

3. new waterproof / windproof coat £19.99 bargain regatta new with tags from ebay is lovely and warm and holding up well to puppy walking / teeth

4. leftovers from freezer for lunch and dinner. Portion of slow cooker stew for lunch and 2 slices corned beef with peas, oven chips and gravy for dinner ...nom nom

5. ice-cream, chocolate and hob nobs. (did I mention I am diabetic :o )
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 The roof has been all fixed today, DH is raving over how good it is, and I’ve just paid the invoice, but in true monopoly style my car now needs an exhaust system and rapidly it’s not happy at all.
    2 A pleasure the work day is done, while I don’t regret saying no to the other role I need to carry on looking for the next role tonight as this role had me grumbling by the end of the day to myself only but still I feel the stress.
    3 I had to fill up with fuel and had DF’s voucher from his shop for 10p off which was appreciated.
    4 I had to shop and do df’s shop, had a voucher for free tinned fruit, and £8 off 30, RTC’s were all over and very giving a vast amount of fruit and veg to much to list, some now dehydrating as I type, 2 cherry pies in the freezer for festive times, luxury cranberry and stuffing bread and rtc chicken all at silly cheap rtc was part dinner and will sort the leftovers tomorrow. Got all of DF’s shopping which I will take over with me tomorrow.
    5 Time to get job hunting.
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone :hello:

mhags - great to hear that you've settled right back in. xx

Pleasures for today and the past few days:

1) Went to the library. Yes, that place where you can borrow books. I hadn't been for YEARS but managed to pick up a book for school and two books which had been on my Amazon wishlist. Money saved: about £10 as no need to buy from Amazon now!

2) Free cake. Yes, FREE CAKE! Lovely cafe in town is my favourite place to go. Popped in for a coffee and the owner offered me a slice (for free) of one of her new recipes that she'd been trying. Thank you very much!

3) DH wanted some more chutney. I pointed out the 3 jars in the cupboard which came from my mum...

4) Cooking from scratch. I shout at the tv when people are on Eat Well for Less, but I need to continue to practise it myself!

5) Playing Jenga. DH and I have decided that we need to put down our tablets and phones and not watch as much television, so we've invested in Jenga (as a start). Had a good laugh playing it.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Am going to experience my first Ofsted tomorrow!!!!! I know, not a pleasure, but I'm very grateful to my lovely colleague and a visiting teacher (a friend of someone else at school), who have helped me sparkle up my lessons to be the best I can make them :) Let's hope our inspector sees what my head doesn't, that I'm passionate about teaching, well-liked by the cherubs and that they are making great progress (not necessarily down to me!)

2. Had a lovely soiree chez KW last night, we are just soooo scrumptious together :) I cooked a very MS chilli, using a can of kidney beans in chilli sauce, and veggie mince and we ate out body weight in that, all smothered in cheese. Nomnomnom!

3. Am hopefully going to do more kitty cuddling for my brother in a couple of weeks' time as sadly, he and his GF have to go to her dad's funeral, but I'm looking forward to chilling out and doing more exploring in their part of the country.

4. KW had planted me a gazillion bulbs in the allotment :) I bought him snowdrops for his birthday last weekend, and he's supplemented with daffodils and crocii :)

5. DD has been a little treasure recently, I'm such a lucky mummykins!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2017 at 6:50AM
    Options
    Morning Peeps,

1. We have spent the last 2 nights clearing the floor of clothes left behind by DS1 GF. We can now see bedroom floor!

2. Clothes all bagged up to be sorted into CS, eBay or rehomed with DD or me! DD has bagsied a couple of pairs of boots, a coat and some make up. Hardly used. I have a pair of boots, a pair of shoes and a couple of dresses. We also found DS1 kit bag from when he joined cadets for about 2 weeks when he was at school. DS2 now has a kit bag! Everyone ridiculously excited about getting something new to them, but no one more pleased than DH finding all his lost socks :rotfl:

3. Two classes of DT today. They seem to have had a good time. Afternoon class have made Xmas coasters. They look really good!

4. Everyone being really kind to me today, cos I was upset Tuesday. :o

5. DS2 helped out at school open day. Walked back to the car with a......girl. He was unusually chatty and animated about his day on the way home. Was very unusual, but nice ;)

I have managed to stay asleep all night, but woke up v early again. :( Should really do some school work, but much nicer talking to you guys :D

KK Good luck with OFSTED! I am certain you will 'Sparkle and Shine' as they say in 'Nativity'. ❤️
    Have a lovely day :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure