PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh MHAGS it sounds as though life is getting to that 'wobbly tooth stage' where the darkness is almost gone and just hanging by a thread like a wobbly baby tooth, not completely detached but you know it will be out soon. How wonderful to read your posts that are full of family, friends, love and laughter (as well as the Haggis boy!) and although the sadness is there also to feel that somehow the sunlight has started to filter back into your soul! xxx.

D for V little Orley had picked up another virus and thrown a rash and also managed to pick up a skin condition round his little mouth so nursery understandably wouldn't have him. Nothing to do with his recent hospital stay but he's on the mend now, just grumpy when he gets tired and a bit out of sorts. DD2 thinks he'll be OK for nursery this week but if not I will go down again and have him in the daytime, such a hardship.....NOT!

1) Lovely bright day, slight breeze, blue sky and sunshine on the white trunk of my Silver Birch tree on the front lawn, beautiful!

2) A good nights sleep and not waking up until 7.20 this morning.

3) Planned trip to the garden centre for coffee this morning with He Who Knows, always a pleasure.

4) Home grown leeks from the allotment to make soup with (also home grown onions and potatoes to go in it).

5) Much fabulous rugby on the TV to watch when other things pall, we have so many games recorded and ready, just LOVE it!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First pleasure has to be Mhags lovely post, the day sounds wonderful.

For Saturday,

The quiet gentle joy of being home again after travels, albeit brief ones.

Observed the 2 minute silence standing at kitchen sink overlooking garden, extra poignant this year with much and many to remember.

HM bendy veg soup, main ingredients were sweet pot and red pepper but cleared the bottom of the fridge and tasted delicious.

Driving through Ely wondered at the number of spectators along the high banks and heard later the Flying Scotsman had made a visit.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    edited 12 November 2017 at 5:34PM
    Options
    5 It has been baked, now it needs a DRINK. It is hitting the bottle of Jim Beam shortly. In excess!
    2v8fwap.jpg

4 Still skint! BoPsie is reduced to eating a nbean on cruimb, we cannot afford toast! Wobbleadesd have been acquired!

3 I am not going to mentiuon the football either!

2 Nite BoP is making chilli. Red hot chillie with fancy rice and none of that Uncle carp. And I has enuff left I have dones me a Spotted Pud. I asked if BoPsie wanted to lick my spottted dick earlier and then she had a good tongue on ... the spoon in the bowl. Please dfo not do this at home as raw eggs could be ...

Last year you were lucky to see BoP's xmas cake mature! This year shall be no different!

Tonight Live Scrabble!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,165 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Perched on my bed to get enough internet to write this:

Smaller son and I had a conversation about new pyjamas.
    SS - I’d rather not have a floozy. Me -?! SS - erm, a onesie...
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello from the land of much freezing! And to be even colder overnight!

Lovely dog walk this morning. Could see the isle of Arran which was covered in snow on the mountains.

Very slippy walk along black iced pavements to be picked up by friend to go to church.

Went to church, first time since I've been back...not a very cheery service of course as it was Remembrance but good to hear familiar words and to just know when to stand and when to sit. Sat with friend and then was joined with one of my school friends and we still look 17! A bit overwhelming afterwards...many hellos, many hugs, many 'how long are you back for ?' , one ( from an older friend ) 'you look very tired' , I replied with a 'thanks' which was obviously not what she was expecting as she told me again. I then told her that's what being bereaved looks like. Again, probably not what she was expecting but it's true! Tried not to be offended as I don't think it was meant offensively but I just thought sssssshh! Stop! Then her pal is saying repeatedly I think you've lost weight. I'm probably heavier than I was last year when I was home and had a big jacket and scarf on...again sssssh! At least I'm back with friends ...I have good friends in Australia, yeah but your proper friends are here...well, yes but I also have proper friends in Australia...the ones who were physically there for me in a practical way ! Then random stranger starts talking and asking what I did in Melbourne. I've moved back here now as my husband died...its such a conversation stopper...and then the minister came and rescued me and I was able to make excuses and go! Enough for one week.

Friend took me for lunch, so after a burger and chips I haven't lost any weight today :)

Met 2 old work colleagues in M&S so catch up with them to be organised for soon.

Home...( where contrary to same person who told me I looked tired I am not lonely ), brought washing in which was almost dry. Took Haggis a walk. Popped down to a friend / neighbour to return a few things she'd loaned me. Unpacked a couple more boxes. Made up sons bed and put his clothes away. Chucked stuff in airing cupboard ...shall tidy properly another day. Place books on shelves in DD1's room. Phoned my sister. Found my cutlery which was in my washing powder tin! Of course!

There will be more adventures to be had tomorrow !

Night :)
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    edited 12 November 2017 at 9:13PM
    Options
    Due to BoPsie putting MINGE on the t@ble and too many rude words, live scrabble is postponed. BoPsie currently leads by 3. She is in with a chance of one win away from two on the bounce!

Score update

BoP is chewing wasps!
  • gran3
    gran3 Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mhagster wrote: »
    Hello from the land of much freezing! And to be even colder overnight!

Lovely dog walk this morning. Could see the isle of Arran which was covered in snow on the mountains.

Very slippy walk along black iced pavements to be picked up by friend to go to church.

Went to church, first time since I've been back...not a very cheery service of course as it was Remembrance but good to hear familiar words and to just know when to stand and when to sit. Sat with friend and then was joined with one of my school friends and we still look 17! A bit overwhelming afterwards...many hellos, many hugs, many 'how long are you back for ?' , one ( from an older friend ) 'you look very tired' , I replied with a 'thanks' which was obviously not what she was expecting as she told me again. I then told her that's what being bereaved looks like. Again, probably not what she was expecting but it's true! Tried not to be offended as I don't think it was meant offensively but I just thought sssssshh! Stop! Then her pal is saying repeatedly I think you've lost weight. I'm probably heavier than I was last year when I was home and had a big jacket and scarf on...again sssssh! At least I'm back with friends ...I have good friends in Australia, yeah but your proper friends are here...well, yes but I also have proper friends in Australia...the ones who were physically there for me in a practical way ! Then random stranger starts talking and asking what I did in Melbourne. I've moved back here now as my husband died...its such a conversation stopper...and then the minister came and rescued me and I was able to make excuses and go! Enough for one week.

Friend took me for lunch, so after a burger and chips I haven't lost any weight today :)

Met 2 old work colleagues in M&S so catch up with them to be organised for soon.

Home...( where contrary to same person who told me I looked tired I am not lonely ), brought washing in which was almost dry. Took Haggis a walk. Popped down to a friend / neighbour to return a few things she'd loaned me. Unpacked a couple more boxes. Made up sons bed and put his clothes away. Chucked stuff in airing cupboard ...shall tidy properly another day. Place books on shelves in DD1's room. Phoned my sister. Found my cutlery which was in my washing powder tin! Of course!

There will be more adventures to be had tomorrow !

Night :)
    You must be near my neck of the woods, not where I live, but where I'm from, West Coast, near Ayr. Where you can see Arran. The change in weather will be a shock for a while but you will be surrounded by friends who care.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    A rather surprise call from the hospital to say DF had been admitted, surprised as in the carer didn’t tell me!

And off to the doctors for me tomorrow a few ache n pains getting a bit more well painy.

1 Went out and did our tiny part in the remembrance parade
    2 Home into comfy clothes, pork roast in, and a late bacon sarnie as brekkie.
    3 A few washing loads done.
    4 Only just remembered to cancel Mr T shop as it’s all done already.
    5 A few loads of washing cycling around, and hoovering done upstairs to put the clean rugs down.
    6 Broccoli, carrots and a couple of new pots with the roast pork.
    7 Fed the christmas cakes courvosier.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 November 2017 at 11:20PM
    Options
    5 for yesterday
    1) Jacobite exhibition at national museum of scottieland very good and got in free cos arrived as friend looking for her membership card which she happily found and entitles her to self and guest
    2) then off to Makar’s Court to lay roses on Dorothy Dunnett’s slab outside writers’ museum with 15 others
    3) then off to yummy meal at michael’s steak and fish bar. Saw Samoan team leaving their hotel and boarding their coach as extra bonus
    4) then catch up with one of 15 up from Manchester
    5) and then met by dd2 who had been at rugby with her xoh. Scotland result closer than it should have been, engerland comfortable, PM2BOP a draw and we’ve dropped to 4th pooey
    3 extras in the house meant 8 adults, 3 dogs and 2 grand pianos. Poor m was in the attic on camp mats
    And for today
    1) went to the Kirk for remembrance service as dd2 is assistant guider there so was involved in parade . Was a lovely service, followed by coffee so also had a blether with some uni colleagues
    2) then home to catch up on some much needed housework with cenotaph service on iplayer. Washing done, bedroom and bathrooms done.
    3) Ds’s gf made excellent soup and dd2carrot cake. So nice having grown up children as they did it all with no assistance from me :-)
    4) choral evensong at cathedral. Beautiful. And followed by wine and nibbles and guess what more blethering
    5) and now home to cooking 2nd carrot cake (dd2asked me to cook it but it takes 90mins so had to wait till back from church). Classic fm and my fab friends on mse keeping me company. Only 4 adults, 3 dogs and 2 grand pianos tonight - house seems positively empty!
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Spent some time in the garden.
    At 11 we stood for the minutes silence looking out over the fields and river and seeing the church and old part of the village.

2. Drive to rugby and very little traffic. The train would have involved a bus ride. Some of the colours of the leaves were fantastic.

3. Rugby was entertaining. Lots of trys scored. Defence from both sides not good though. Watching a bit do his shoelaces up next to an abandoned cup which he then picked up and took to reclaim £1.

4. Met DS1,his girlfriend and DH cousin and husband for a meal after. Good evening lots of talk. D'S girlfriend received some good news about her cousin who is in a coma. He spoke and recognised family member.

5. DS2 ok, I think, after his concusdion. His cheek is in pain and he felt sick at times but ok.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback