NST Joyful July

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Today I am grateful for eating from the cupboards, making progress in several areas (clean clothes put away, washing up halved, six inch pile of filing corralled and put away), for a phone call from DS1.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations mrshubbard - enjoy the cuddles.
    I promised I would update so after reading posts about Frugalwoods I have also signed up for the challenge.
    Positive - no spending yet in July - all dd/so will start to leave bank account tomorrow so 2NSDs.
    Negative - less than healthy choices made on the exercise and diet front.
    Grateful for a sunny day, making plans with friends to meet up and sitting round the dining table for dinner with my family.
    Will be back to post more goals/progress when I get the chance.
    Any suggestions on how to stop a cat sitting on the keyboard when you're trying to type?
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • mothernerd
    Options
    bizzie wrote: »
    Congratulations mrshubbard - enjoy the cuddles.

Any suggestions on how to stop a cat sitting on the keyboard when you're trying to type?

Can you get it to sit on one of the flat areas. Sitting is preferable to walking backwards and forwards across it. I have a little lap table with little legs - would it work if you got one of those and settled the cat on your lap under the table. Try to persuade it to snuggle into your side' using one arm/ elbow to keep it there.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
  • mothernerd
    Options
    The best day of your life is the one on which
    you decide your life is your own.
    No apologies or excuses.
    No-one to lean on, rely on or blame.
    The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey-
    and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.
    This is the day your life really begins.
    Bob Moawad
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :);)

Another great day yesterday. It was great to use the Uber Frugal's e-mail to revisit goals set for the future and being able to check and retick a lot of boxes :D:D

Today will be NSD No.3 and ED No.3 - determind to enjoy the simpler things in life without all the commercial baggage :D:p

Wishing you all a super NSDay! :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another walk yesterday. Glad to say it was a bit quicker than the previous day.
    Bought some more olive oil which I don't really need but it was such a good deal and I won't have to buy any for months now.
    Up bright and early waiting for the joiner to put the bathroom back together. Plan today is to give the bathroom a really good clean when the joiner is finished and do a few little jobs in the kitchen.
    First load of washing is on and after I finish my cuppa I'm off to do yesterday's ironing.
    Gratitude for yesterday:
    Clever son fixing my laptop and printer (don't know what I'd do without him).
    A lovely roast beef dinner which everybody enjoyed. Plus the beef was half price.
    No workmen hammering and drilling (that's about to start again at any moment.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    2 NSDs so far but today won't be because I'm braving L**l later. But in the upside I have now cleared my credit card ( with saving for last month and some some stuff sold on Schpock )
    I will aim for some excercise later and once I've shopped make a meals list for this week.
    Better get on
    Have a good day guys
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

So after my start of the month spending bonanza I have £305 spending/household money left. So the next two weekends need to be tight so we have a good chunk of that for the holiday. We might also have another vet bill.

Bought a wooden swing/slide set for the garden last month but it came without instructions. They offered £20 of as a good will gesture as there are no instructions...at all....:eek:. I'm quite capable with a drill etc but just going by some grainy picture print outs should be interesting.

Have nice day
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • mothernerd
    Options
    I used olive oil to make my cheese sauce. The oil was a gift - DS1 and his affianced had just come back from visiting her parents in Greece and her parents have a share in a small olive grove. Wow, I have nearly family olive oil.

Extra gratitude.
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 July 2017 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Hi

I would like to join please. I'm away at minute but will be home tomorrow, so I will set out my challenge then ��.

M
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport