🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Nappy Cakes

Options

Comments

• yummymsmummy
    Options
    fifinappycake004kq5.jpg

Shelley, where do you get those lovely 'bumpy' blankets from? They look great :D
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Yummysmummy you can buy them in Adams for around £9 or mothercare for around £15 occasionally they pop up in Home Bargains for about £4 ... blankets that are nicer than that in my opinion are the ones from Primark they cost £3 ish and are so soft, wash well and we have 8 of them for my daughter as she won't have any other kind of blanket!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • yummymsmummy
    Options
    Bliiiiiiiiimey. They kinda cut down the profit by quite a bit then!

Will stock up next time i go to Primark - decided to make a few more and see if i can make myself a bit of pocket money ;)

How do you advertise locally? (to those that do!)
  • crystalclear
    Options
    CandyB101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thought I'd share this idea with you all, found on a website selling Prince and Princess nappy castles.

http://www.momsbabycakes.com/DiaperCakeCastles.html

:j

They are lovely. Doubt whether they would fit on a cakeboard though
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just sat here toying with the idea of making some more nappy cakes, i have two friends expecting twins and on friend expecting due on 9/9, 9/10 and 11/11 , a bit daunhted at the thought of it to be honest, any tips for picking up cheap supplies ?
    I am journeying to a debt-free life.
    Our estimated debt-free date is January 2040. I'm on a mission to bring that date closer!
    16/02/23 debts - £9556.38
    emergency fund - £00.00
    debt-free diary - Time to Face the music and deal with this debt once and for all
  • stormbreaker
    stormbreaker Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tesco had some cotton baby hat and mitt sets reduced from £4 to £1 today! They were pale pink/white stripe and pale blue/white stripe with small ears on hats!
  • Shelley3774
    Shelley3774 Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    Shelley, where do you get those lovely 'bumpy' blankets from? They look great :D

Hi there I bought my blankets from Home Bargains for £3 and they are fantastic quality. Everyone who has seen them or bought a Nappy Cake from me have commented on how lovely they are. They are very silky soft and babies love them. I also use a plain super soft fleece blanket which is lovely too. I am a bit of a perfectionist so I only put quality items into my nappy cakes and spend a lot of time on the colour combinations of ribbons also because I think it makes all the difference. :wink:

morenappycakes001lz6.th.jpg

This is a picture of a plain blanket which I also use - I apologise for the quality of the photos haven't quite sussed out the lighting yet. May invest in a photo tent soon !!!
    Little Miss Chatterbox
    :p
    :smileyheaMum to Jake and Harri
    :smileyhea
  • betterlife
    betterlife Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi shelley, ive just joined this thread and your nappy cakes are amazing. may i ask you what sort of price you charge for one please. x
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • Shelley3774
    Shelley3774 Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    betterlife wrote: »
    hi shelley, ive just joined this thread and your nappy cakes are amazing. may i ask you what sort of price you charge for one please. x
    Thanks for your lovely comments.The three tier as shown is £30 which includes Pampers nappies, Baby Blanket, Sleepsuit, Vest, Bib, Scratch Mittens, Baby Talc & Soap, Bath Bomb for Mum and of course the cake topper a lovely teddy bear.
    Little Miss Chatterbox
    :p
    :smileyheaMum to Jake and Harri
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts