Nappy Cakes

Options

Comments

• moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,434 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Never thought of Home bargains etc. Been looking in the wrong places I think!

My main problem is no big supermarkets nearby - only a little Co-op and I don't have transport. If I want to visit a big supermarket, it's like a day trip sorting bus timetables etc. LOL.

When I said about "stockpiling" I thought it was a good idea, (as above) as I could get a load of stuff when I see it.

Rusty Flange, you sound as if I offended you. Never meant to. Am just trying to find my way around the subject!
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    moonpenny wrote: »
    Never thought of Home bargains etc. Been looking in the wrong places I think!

My main problem is no big supermarkets nearby - only a little Co-op and I don't have transport. If I want to visit a big supermarket, it's like a day trip sorting bus timetables etc. LOL.

When I said about "stockpiling" I thought it was a good idea, (as above) as I could get a load of stuff when I see it.

Rusty Flange, you sound as if I offended you. Never meant to. Am just trying to find my way around the subject!

Ooooohhh no no no!!! ... I am sorry I didn't word my reply properly ... Was busy fighting with door hangers etc ... Home bargains is where I got my teddies from :)

Candy I have your PM, thankyou and I will reply in a short while ... if you go back a page I did a rough breakdown or prices for Moonpenny to help her so all of the info is there but I will also send it via PM
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • CandyB101_2
    CandyB101_2 Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Just cycled all the way to the florist shop in hope of getting some ribbon ... in this heat too... only to find the florist SHUT AGAIN !!!! :mad:
    A creative mess is better than tidy idleness :D
  • CandyB101_2
    Options
    jane130 wrote: »
    I made one for my sister when her son was born and she loved it , I spent a while gathering bits for it and used things like teethers, a baby hairbrush , nail clippers etc to decorate it with ,a baby bottle through the middle to keep it secure and filled the bottle with chocloates for mum. I have a picture but it ended up with another tier and looked fab wrapped in cellophane
    nappycake.jpg
    I am going to be making another one in january for a very good freind who's baby i am expecting and plan to make this one extra special with a bottle of champagne in place of the baby bottle , .. after all they have been waiting 10 years for this.
    Wow, Jane130, an absolutely stunning cake. I adore the way how the teddy is wearing the hat and holding the booties. Well done you!
  • Io07
    Io07 Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Rosekitten has posted how to load the pictures in step by step instructions. Just click on the link below for the first post of instruction
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=622943&page=33

Please post a picture for us all to see :j
    hello crystalclear!

sorry it took so long, but I managed to crack it! my first ever attempt, I hope it looks OK! It was the cynosure of all eyes at the baby shower tho' - all the women loved it! Most thought it was shop bought!!:j
    Most important, my friend loved it! I had a good idea of what she'd already got and what she would need so just filled it with things like a pair of joggers, scratch mitts, digital thermometer, nappy sacks ( all the things I'd never thought of buying when I was pregnant!)...

Now what I need is for more of my friends to fall pregnant!

Zz4z0ff1.jpg

Z8n7muj1.jpg
  • yummymsmummy
    yummymsmummy Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    This thread inspired me so much!:T

So this is my first (and possibly last!) attempt for a friend who's due in September. I used size 2 nappies, filled with goodies for mum and baby, and used a moses basket sheet, towel and muslin for the coverings:

100_1847.jpg

What do you think?! Honest opinions please ladies!

Clare
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This thread inspired me so much!:T

So this is my first (and possibly last!) attempt for a friend who's due in September. I used size 2 nappies, filled with goodies for mum and baby, and used a moses basket sheet, towel and muslin for the coverings:

100_1847.jpg

What do you think?! Honest opinions please ladies!

Clare

that is fab. I love it and your friend will too:D
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • crystalclear
    crystalclear Posts: 250 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T :T Well done both Io07 & Yummymsmummy.

I have bought the nappies; elastic bands and a cakeboard so will have to get started rolling nappies at least.
    I'm afraid I am not very creative so will have to look back through the thread and pinch a few ideas off everyone
  • CandyB101_2
    Options
    Hi,

Thought I'd share this idea with you all, found on a website selling Prince and Princess nappy castles.

http://www.momsbabycakes.com/DiaperCakeCastles.html

:j
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    CandyB101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thought I'd share this idea with you all, found on a website selling Prince and Princess nappy castles.

http://www.momsbabycakes.com/DiaperCakeCastles.html

:j

Hi Candy,
    Thanks they are lovely .... I am not sure how you would get it to all sit together but I may well give it a go :eek:
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport