When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi HI,

Sending lots of virtual hugs to you.

Take time for yourself and don't rush things, small steps xxx
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Hello Hidden
    Just back online after being out for the day. Popping in to say hello and send you hugs. Catch up later, xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    On the food front - simple and unchallenging. If you feel sick just try a slice of buttered toast - the smell is enticing for a start and it's easy to process and quick to prepare. Some of the queasiness might even be down to your stomach protesting as being neglected! In the line of quick, easy and relatively healthy try tinned soup. You can always heat up half a can at a time if you're not sure you want very much. Other ideas - pasta simply dressed with pepper and butter, cheese on toast, scrambled eggs. Keep it light and small amounts while you're feeling unsettled but do eat something. I wish I was close enough to you to cook something delicious and tempting and bring it round!

Think about the sort of things you'd cook for the smalls if they'd been poorly and needed enticing to eat!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Thank you

EH I plan to fit food in today.

So I did get round to speaking to council tax and rent. Nothing else matters really. Well it does, but no where near as much as this. I'm lucky in that sense I guess.

£339.21 to the rent by the end of the month brings the court order back in line for not falling behind and further action being taken.

£135 to council tax has to be received by the 28th. They can't change this again. I've had two reminders and the next stage is passing it onto collections for the next step (Bailiffs) Need to avoid this. Fees are Extortionate and I'll no doubt not get the chance to pay in instalments like now.

Cue lots of panic.

The irony. I spent on a coffee while in town at homeless welfare :cool: That was £2 I shouldn't have wasted.

Nothing else can run up a debt. Gas/Electric etc. Everything else is up to date enough to cover to the next time money comes in.

Going to walk home and take time to think what to do. It IS freezing.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Yes it is freezing and in the scheme of things I don't think £2.00 on a coffee can be called a waste. There MUST be a way to resolve this. I don't know what it is but I'm sure there must be and I'm also sure that someone will tell you how. Meanwhile, get yourself home, have something to eat (I always find soup helps) and let's see if someone can come up with something. xxx
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am not completely aware of your circumstances so I'm not sure if this will apply in any way to you but would a discretionary housing payment apply to you at all?
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Back to basics - what assets do you have? What is the cashflow in? Any cashback sat on Quidco/TCB. Any vouchers on SBs? Any survey money over on PA, etc. Any wages due in? Cashback as introduction fees on bank accounts that will pay out before this has to be paid? Any money sat in the DLA funds? Keeping a roof over your children's head is a valid reason to dip into that money in my view. When does the Christmas cheque come - could you use that? Is any of the other money going out optional or could be delayed?
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Big hugs HI. Keep fighting lovely, you'll come out the other end, however hard things look at the moment xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Any money sat in the DLA funds?
    I know you don't want to use this but this is an emergency so perhaps in the short term?
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Totally agree, if you have any dla funds left I would use them here. You can always rebalance this when things calm down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure