When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    The crisis team was helpful. Someone has been and arranged something etc. All helpful.

I'd told work I'd be back tomorrow even though my sick note is still valid. So I really need to sort myself out I can't let them down too :o it's really bad I hadn't even thought about it.

I really am tired but just can't sit still long enough to fall asleep

I will be back around posting as usual with not so much negative thoughts. Until then I do appreciate the advice I've been given. I'm going to work on it and be back when things are back in their box and I can stop myself posting the negative stuff here x
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    I;d be inclined to say - post what you need to here. You can always go back on posts afterwards and edit stuff that you;d rather not have "out there" - you can also simply start a new diary afresh when all the current stuff has been put to bed - which is something that you might want to do anyway.

If someone - regardless of who - had taken out debt using your name but without reference to you or seeking your permission then that IS fraud - and you absolutely shouldn't be paying for it. I understand that it;s incredibly difficult especially if there is an emotional link around the person concerned, but please do think about taking the steps that will mean that you won't end up paying back something that you have zero liability for.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • 117pauline
    Options
    You diary is yours. And yours to do with as you want or need.

All the posters are posting for you and your children. We care even if we have never met you. We care.

I am so pleased you accessed the support and someone came. They care.
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done for getting in touch with the crisis team. I imagine it wasn't easy. Also for aiming to be back at work. I think that as long as you feel ready for it, it's a good place to be. It will keep you busy and distracted and it's all income.

As others have said, it's your diary. You make of it what you want to. If we don't want to read non-financial things then we can skip over them - and if you chose to leave them out, that's okay too.

I hope tomorrow goes well. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,170 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been following your diary for months but have never posted before.

An ex work colleague was in a similar situation to you & found that the credit card company would only count it as fraud if it was reported to the police so she sucked it up too.

The next time it was fraud against their daughter who was just old enough to have a bank account. This was a step too far & the police were then involved.

Where will your step too far be?

Please don't let him put you in a place where you can't cope day to day, you really don't deserve that. You are a fantastic Mum who does the absolute best for your children.
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Like I say the debt is right at the bottom of the list. Although I do worry about how much there is and what still needs to be discovered.

Trust me when I say the step to far has already been. This is nothing in comparison to the line that was crossed that means there is no return. That doesn't mean I don't want to go back. Or that I haven't thought at least 10 times a day that going back is easier or I haven't considered just texting and saying come home.

I'm aware I've posted some things which may have offended others, I've removed my comments and I am sorry if I have offended anyone x
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Hidden, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone. I think people are focusing on the debt part because it feels like a concrete thing they can give advice on, but I hear you that there's other things in the background that are more significant.

Hold your line. You don't need to post details. You know what's right for you, and you're making the best decisions for your family that you possibly can. We believe you and we trust you to make those calls.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to send you (((((hugs)))))

You've got loads of positive thoughts, strength and affection being sent in your direction, I hope some of it finds you and helps you get some sleep. XXX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Thank you x
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hidden, if you are going to fall behind on the court order for rent would it be worth applying to the court to vary the order so it fits in better with your pay days and also starts the order again?

The cost is £50 unless you are in a low income and you need form N244.

If you explained things to the judge I am sure he would allow you to change the court order to something more suitable.

Are you keeping in touch with housing about your payments?

Hopefully you have claimed Housing Benefit and that will ease the burden.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure