Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Squishing in on the target sofa and happy to be back on the shiny new thread. Although I don't post a lot I like to read about everyone's journey. Hi to all the regulars and welcome to all the new slimmers.

Progress on maintenance, all good in the Arkers house. Had a health scare, but after tests all clear, so moving onwards and upwards. I am 3lbs under target, but as I'm going solo I'm happy with this weight. Still swimming and going to the gym as much as possible. Finding that the weekend wine syns are creeping in a tad too much, but work in progress here. I just love bubbles too much!

Ta ta for now, oh and a huge thanks to Shala for the work you do.

Arkers x
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Fat free is syn free
    regular is 1.5 per 100g

Thank you! Finding it so much nicer than the fat free ones, the pot is 250g so I'll split it over 2 days and syn it at 2 per day.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Thank you! Finding it so much nicer than the fat free ones, the pot is 250g so I'll split it over 2 days and syn it at 2 per day.

Longley farm is the only cottage cheese I like, and thankfully I find the fat free stuff okay.

Don't bother trying the Aldi chive cottage cheese. It's really sweet and weird.
    Zebras rock
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My menu for today (trying to undo the baddness from the weekend)
    B: Cup of tea with HEx milk
    L: SW lentil soup, FF yog with chopped apple & pineapple
    S: Not sure yet
    Snacks: Hifi bar (0.5 HEx B)
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Good morning :D

Shala, can I be down for 10 for the challenge please? WI on Fridays.

Can someone check the syns for longley farm cottage cheese with chives for me please? Various results online and it's delicious so I want to know the damage I'm doing :D

B - Bacon and egg sandwich and an apple

D - Ham and egg salad, carrot sticks, naughty cottage cheese, strawberries

T - Cottage pie and green beans

HEXA will be split between milk in brews and cheese on the pie :)

BM tootling around like a crackpot, trying to manage my own return to work in my supervisor's absence!

Good news Top Girl - fat free is FREE and normal is 1.5 syns per 100g, so not too much damage really if you didn't get the fat free one.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ruthy1604 wrote: »
    My menu for today (trying to undo the baddness from the weekend)
    B: Cup of tea with HEx milk
    L: SW lentil soup, FF yog with chopped apple & pineapple
    S: Not sure yet
    Snacks: Hifi bar (0.5 HEx B)

I know you've yet to decide on your dinner ruthy but make it a big one and full of Speed! You've not had much food planned for the day.

Called into Aldi while I was out and no lamb rogan josh. I had hoped I'd have more luck midweek.:(
  • Daffodil_57
    Daffodil_57 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    Just to say I am re joining Slimming World this evening.
    After almost 3 years of being way off target and kidding myself that all is ok, it's now time to get a grip.
    Very nervous but have spoken to consultant. The group itself has been running for less than 2 months and it is the consultant's very first one.
    I know that I am absolutely the heaviest I have ever been....:(:(
    Bye for now
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get started and you wont be that weight after your first week Daffodil!

Weather is lovely here today as was yesterday so debating a walk outside instead of the gym.

Setting myself a new challenge for at least 14, 000 steps a day for the foreseeable.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome daffadil. As Lantanna said you won't be the weight you are now after your first week of SW. You might like to post up your menu plans each day so that others can pick up if you're going wrong anywhere, as it is easy to do when you first start. There is a lot to get your head around. Good luck on your journey.

Good luck on the 14,000 steps a day Lantanna. I know it sounds a lot but I used to do 12,000+ steps a day during my working day but that was only while I was actually at work and not walking to and from work from the station or walking around indoors at home! I suspect I was probably doing about 14-15,000 steps a day in total.

Have to say it's nowhere near that now I've packed up work; although I do try to make sure I move around at bit even if I don't go out but certainly not anywhere near enough! Definitely walk far more when we get away in the motorhome. Can't wait to get back to doing that again!!! Looking forward to the day when DH can drive again after his operation but probably at least another month.

Denise
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Not really a choice, but a need, and I had some in the cupboard that needed using up.

I've been doing a bit of eating stuff that is bad on SW but on my allowed list because I felt I deserved it, but it has led to gains and disappointing loses. Just because I am allowed stuff, it doesn't mean I should have it. Picking healthier options is better for me, and what I should be doing SW wise, and treats should be occasional.

I've been doing exactly the same kathrynha - eating 3 meals a day is proving difficult at the moment with the madness of work so I've been thinking "oh I didn't have any breakfast or lunch, that way I can eat a million syns worth of food to make up for it"
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure