Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    D*mn it, the only time I get on here to post and I've lost it!!! the screen just blanked out.. never mind.

I'll just move on to the final chart instead!

SOTW* is.... :T:j:TKATHRYNHA:T:j:T with a loss of 3.5lbs!!

Congratulations!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

*SOTW is the person who has lost the most weight this week, but also had a loss or sts last week.

sw%20spring_zpsmi7e00wt.png

Sorry it's a bit small.. but if you click on it it will open in a new window a bit bigger.

I've picked up all your new targets up to this point.. we've pledged 16stone 10lb so far! :T

Well done Kathrynh :j:j:j

Its ok being small I got my magnifying glass :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,602 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OK, so not 2 stone but a good loss all the same saver upper !:D:T

squiggly , your chilli probably did have enough Speed with passata and onions but have you tried adding extra veg? I put diced carrot, mushrooms, peppers and courgettes in mine. I wouldn't have it any other way now. Chilli's an ideal recipe for batch cooking. I do mine in the slow cooker and freeze it for HM ready meals.
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

Had a lovely day today - no work, so we went to visit a National Trust property we hadn't been to before. Resisted the tea room and the massive slices of cake, and took a picnic lunch with us, so syns were not blown through the roof, as could so easily have happened! :T

Today's menu was:
    B: Crunchy bran (HExB) and milk (HExA)
    L: Pasta, tuna with tomato & onion (Aldi - 1 syn), cucumber, tomato, spring onion, celery and a hard boiled egg - all chopped up and mixed together - was delicious... :D I can see this becoming a summer "work lunch" for when I can no longer deal with soup in the hot weather...
    D: Beef casserole (homemade and already in freezer, so easy meal - made with celery, carrots, onions, mushrooms & parsnips), served with new potatoes, leeks, more carrots & brussels sprouts. Followed by melon & raspberries. Did have some wine syns... :p

Tomorrow looks like...
    B: Cheese (HExA) omelette with mushrooms & tomatoes
    L: Leek & potato soup
    D: Pasta with the last of tonight's beef stew (finely chopped/shredded and with a tin of tomatoes added, and probably some garlic/herbs).
    HExB - hmmm, maybe some Aldi light granola with Greek yoghurt during the evening...?!

Have a good day tomorrow, everyone... ;)

P x
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello all
    Just popping back to report a loss for week one of 5lbs :)
    Thanks for the kind words about my dad. He is home now but mum is looking into sheltered accommodation as dad now needs help. Sad because they've been in their beautiful flat since I was 17 and it's a lovely place but it's getting a bit much since mum had her knee replaced.
    re the veg on the oriental salmon- I used ready prepared peppers and onions as I can't chop finely because of the pain in my hands and my bad coordination. I am pleased to report though it cooked beautifully!
    Na night all x
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 May 2017 at 1:57AM
    Options
    Today's menu:

No breakfast

Lunch:bacon,eggs,baby plum tomatoes,followed by an apple and a passionfruit

Tea:vegetable tangine (leftovers) : butternut squash,onion,tinned tomato,garlic,chickpeas,served with rice

Snacking just now on(HEB) 2 hi Fi bars I bought at group tonight:have just had the coffee mocha one-divine!!I had been saving a salted caramel one because I thought I would prefer it(saving the best til last),but my, it better be good to taste better thsn the one I have just had!

My HEA has been a bit of a hodge -podge.This morning I measured out the last of the skimmed milk in the house (60ml ),had in cup of tea.In the afternoon I had a cup with semi-skimmed,at group they had semi-skimmed-didn't measure.Tonight I am back onto the skimmed,but would not have had full allowance.

I am going to do a bit of meal-planning this week (honest ,Gov).I have never done a home made pasta bake.Would somebody like to give me some recipes they use.I think even my [STRIKE]fussy tykes[/STRIKE] lovely children would eat a pasta bake.Maybe.Perhaps.Possibly.If I didn't tell them it was healthy :D.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Mad_with_money
    Options
    ....sneaking back in..... Sorry I went awol at the end of the last challenge. This challenge takes me to our holibobs so I would like to lose 17lbs. I have been a good girl this week so hoping for a good start at wi tomorrow! Xx
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone, can I sneak back in and join the new challenge? I've been a bit hit and miss recently when it comes to following SW and I'm hoping that by being part of the challenge, this will help me get my head back in the game. Can you put me down for a target of 10lbs please shala?

Today's plan :

B - Porridge (HEB and 1/2 HEA), 2 clementines
    L - Lasagne (1/2 HEA), salad
    D - SW Fry Up (bacon, butternut squash chips, poached eggs, beans, mushrooms)
    S - Milkybar mousse (4 syns), raspberries

Hope you all have a great day, only 3 days in the office for me this week but could do with just having the whole week off!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Shala.

Welcome newbies, and well done losers

joedenise wrote: »

Congratulations Kathryn on being our SOTW. You're doing really well particularly with the limited foods you are allowed to eat. By the way which "extra" food did you decided to go with in the end?

Denise

I opted for brown rice. I needed the fibre :embarrassed:

Not allowed "extra" foods too often. and it depends on quantity and what it is, to how often I'm allowed stuff. I have an app that works it out for me.
    Now saving up for the chocolate I'm going to NEED in a few weeks time.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Weigh in tonight, and the long weekend has thrown me a little eating wise. Not sure how it will go.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - overnight oats
    Lunch - salmon salad
    Dinner - Miso noodles
    Snacks - fruit and Skips

HA - milk
    HB - oats
    Syns - Skips (4.5), miso (0.5)

Feeling I need to get back in to a SW frame of mind. Been lazy recently on writing stuff down, because I've been so taken up with checking if I'm allowed it, I haven't really been keeping track of syns, and I know I have been going over.

Going to plan properly for next week, as I really want to have a good month. Spent most of April trying to correct a big gain on the first week of the month.
    Zebras rock
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh heck, I must have missed Shala's post about the deli topper things - there I was thinking I had my finger on the pulse :p

Had some of the red slaw last night and it was really tasty, it doesn't taste 'free'! Unfortunately I also gobbled a full box of chocs that my gran foisted on me, so that was 50 syns. I did spend all day gardening and only had a few nuts for lunch as I wanted to crack on, so hopefully I haven't done too much damage. Going to limit myself to ten syns a day for the rest of the week to try to make up for it.

Today:
    B - Chocolate porridge with Alpro choc soya milk
    D - Mackerel with grated carrot, cucumber, and pickles
    T - Spag bol
    HEA - Half choc soya milk, half skimmed milk
    HEB - Oats
    Syns - sugar in coffee (3), hot choc (2) = 5, an Alpen Light might sneak in there as well somewhere (3) = 8

Well done all losers and on SOTW Kathryn, commiserations gainers - that chart does not make good reading for me, really want a little green square this time!

Two stone in a week Saver-upper?! If only!! I might actually manage to stay on plan for seven whole days if it were true :o
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport