Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,364 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :wave: squiggly.

Good to see you Mrs R. Sorry to hear about your dad.

I am struggling at the moment. No surprises there then :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Krissybrad so glad you have joined us....:D :D

This will be my Tuesday menu plan..

Breakfast.. porridge a/b. Mixed berries.

Lunch.. pea and ham soup. 2 Ryvita / butter 6 syns melon

Dinner.. chicken salad light salad cream 2 syns beetroot. Clementine.

Extra.. f f yoghurt. Melon jelly 0.5 syns

8.05 syns.
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    D*mn it, the only time I get on here to post and I've lost it!!! the screen just blanked out.. never mind.

I'll just move on to the final chart instead!

SOTW* is.... :T:j:TKATHRYNHA:T:j:T with a loss of 3.5lbs!!

Congratulations!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

*SOTW is the person who has lost the most weight this week, but also had a loss or sts last week.

sw%20spring_zpsmi7e00wt.png

Sorry it's a bit small.. but if you click on it it will open in a new window a bit bigger.

I've picked up all your new targets up to this point.. we've pledged 16stone 10lb so far! :T
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome Krissybrad to the thread. Good luck with your SW journey.

Congratulations Kathryn on being our SOTW. You're doing really well particularly with the limited foods you are allowed to eat. By the way which "extra" food did you decided to go with in the end?

Denise
  • Cazzaswfc
    Cazzaswfc Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, just booked my ho!I day for end of June, so a bit of extra motivation.

I'm also changing my weighing day to Tuesdays, so I guess this week will be a STS ? (weighed in tonight)

I'm aiming for 14 pounds for this challenge and get my head back in it!
    MFW 2017 No 41 £835.79/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Squiggly_Diddly Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »

Welcome squiggly. You've chosen good time to sort your weight out. If you're going to work from September you need to have a plan for your lunches and midweek meals to stop you resorting to snacking and take aways.

Thank you - yes definitely, I'm in school the next four weeks (a new placement) and don't really get to the staffroom, so wholemeal rolls / salads it is for now. Planning will most definitely be the key!!

Had two slices wholemeal toast with 2 tsp butter & 2tsp peanut butter this morning, then was busy tidying up / out for a while, so snacked on a couple of seafood sticks when I got in whilst cooking chili con carne & had it with rice. Used plenty of passata & tinned toms to bulk it out. Had a 2tsp of sour cream on top as I made it slightly too hot!!
    Also had a tiny bag of choc buttons left over from an Easter Egg.
    Not quite organised enough today to work out syns as busy lesson planning :(
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Interested to know if there is any specific reason having for the Muller light brand? Or is it just taste preference?

Was this the same with dinner?

The Muller light was a limited edition flavour - black currant and liquorice- which goes very well with mango and berries. The one I had for pudding was a weight watchers brand.

Why do you ask?

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 May 2017 at 1:50AM
    Options
    Went to group tonight.There was a bit of confusion when I re-joined last week because I have collected a couple of the new member's books,(where they record your weigh) over the years..When I was being weighed last week,it looked like I hadn't bought the last book I was using when I stopped going to group in Oct 2015.I was pretty sure I had,but when I came home,I found a more recent book.
    Anyway,tonight,their scales kept telling us I had lost 2 stone since last Monday :eek::eek:.There was alot of umming and ahhing,I was re-weighed twice.
    It turns out that once,a Saver-upper weighed in at our group one week,and that has stayed on the ststem.When I came back last week,I guess it never occurred to anyone there would be more than one Saver-upper on the system,and I was being measured against someone else :o.
    Anyway,in the end,we established that I hadn'r actually lost 2 stone in a week:rotfl:.Really,it is a 1.5 lb loss this week,which I am happy with.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for the chart Shala and well done for SOTW Kathryna :T

Welcome to the thread Krissybrad, your target is realistic, you may even surprise yourself and exceed it as people often lose large amounts when they first start.

I didn't enjoy the M&S sausages as much tonight, the skin seemed much tougher than when I cooked them with onion gravy. Might go back to Morrisons next time. I made masses of ratatouille though so I'll get another meal out of that, possibly pasta bake, or maybe with salmon and couscous like I planned for this week! :rotfl:

Good luck with the new challenge everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    SHALA I couldn't see my name on the list - 9 lbs for me please - could you add me?? Many thanks
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure