Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back Mad with Money and Ruby Eskimo. Of course you're welcome.

A sensible choice Kathryn but a little surprising but I suppose if needs must! Hope it done the trick.

Today's plan:

B - museli; 100ml Almond milk (0.5 syn)
    L - jacket potato; tuna mayo (1 syn for LTL mayo); salad
    D - sausages (local butchers low fat ones) (1 syn); mash & veg - not sure which yet as need to go shopping today - run out of nearly all fruit & veg; not good.

HEA - milk in tea
    HEB - museli
    Syns - Almond milk 0.5; mayo 1; sausages 1

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    A sensible choice Kathryn but a little surprising but I suppose if needs must! Hope it done the trick.

Not really a choice, but a need, and I had some in the cupboard that needed using up.

I've been doing a bit of eating stuff that is bad on SW but on my allowed list because I felt I deserved it, but it has led to gains and disappointing loses. Just because I am allowed stuff, it doesn't mean I should have it. Picking healthier options is better for me, and what I should be doing SW wise, and treats should be occasional.
    Zebras rock
  • Matron_Midge
    Matron_Midge Posts: 717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning. Thanks for the new thread. I'll try for 5LBS please Shala. That would get me right to the bottom of target range. Not sure I can get there but it's good to try.
    Today's menu
    He a skimmed milk
    He b hifi bars
    B yogurt (3) and blueberries
    L something salad
    D spice tailor curry (5) with chicken , peppers, courgette, onion and mushrooms served with rice
    Snacks, hifi bars (with creme de la creme bake off) Apple, satsumas.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2017 at 11:53AM
    Options
    Morning all

I've been allowed out to go shopping and I'm just having a quick tea break :D I say shopping but I'm working really, buying stuff for the shop like scones and croissants from Lidl which will go in the freezer as back up for the fresh stuff I get from the baker. They cost less in Lidl than I can get them at trade prices! It's a shame there isn't one closer, I'd just get them from there everday. I've also spent over £30 in Poundland, all for the shop apart from some socks for DH.

Saverupper - if I make pasta bake its usually to use up leftovers like spag bol, chilli or ratatouille. I mix the leftovers with a tin of chopped toms, pasta (cooked al dente), sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for about 25 mins. You could make a larger quantity with passata and roasted vegetables, add some peas and sweetcorn, a stock cube and some mixed herbs.

Someone mentioned having sour cream to cool down a spicy meal, sorry I can't remember who it was! I think you were probably using up stuff you've already got in, but for future reference, natural fat free yogurt is great for that and syn free. I particularly like morrisons Greek style as it's very mild.

Right, better get back on the case - I'm in The Range now but not expecting to find much for the shop, I want some plants and compost for the window boxes.

Have a good day.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • HorseyKaz
    HorseyKaz Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all - hope you all had a lovely relaxing bank holiday!
    Can I creep back and re-join you lovely lot. Managed to lose 2 and a half stone back in 2015 but have fallen off the waggon and been diagnosed with low thyroid so it's been creeping back on again...:o
    Have been lurking but not really doing, so hoping the accountability of reporting results will give me the kick I need to rein things in.
    I'd like to try and lose 7lb on the new challenge please Shala.
    Thanks
    Kaz
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Hope you are all well. So I have a wedding now next April so even more reason to get back to target.

Weekend was good, finished off with a few beers and a Chinese last night though.

Back to the gym tonight, really looking forward to it!

Doubt I'll have a loss this week but back in the zone (I think) now
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see some old friends returning. Perhaps we should rename this the Hokey Cokey thread!:rotfl:

tete, is your gran aware that you really want to lose weight? It's kind of her to give you chocolates but.......:(

Hope you're enjoying your shopping trip lois. I went to Lidl at the weekend (rarely go there as Aldi is nearer) to stock up on their delicious cornichons and got some of their pulled beef for the freezer as it was on offer. It must be so hard having to buy bakery stuff.:(

I'm fortunate that any temptations are mostly self inflicted so all it needs is self control!:(

I'm out for my first dance class since Easter tonight. It makes me feel virtuous as I get some exercise and don't feel the need to snack during the evening (about 3 syns of chocolate last night). Clean jeans test today feels like I'm close to, if not over, the top of range. I go away in exactly 6 weeks time and I want to get towards the bottom of range by then. Lunch out tomorrow won't help though. That's why my 'home' menus are almost syn free.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried egg, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold chicken, fried veg (1 potato) and pickles
    D: Oriental salmon, SW chips, mushrooms, tomatoes and green stuff (mange tout, peas and broccoli)
    Syns: NONE!!
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Hope you're enjoying your shopping trip lois. I went to Lidl at the weekend (rarely go there as Aldi is nearer) to stock up on their delicious cornichons and got some of their pulled beef for the freezer as it was on offer. It must be so hard having to buy bakery stuff.:(

I had a great time thanks :D

I got back in the car after I left the Range and as the sun was out and the car was warm, the scones smelt gorgeous, I was very tempted...! They're safely in the freezer now.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning :D

Shala, can I be down for 10 for the challenge please? WI on Fridays.

Can someone check the syns for longley farm cottage cheese with chives for me please? Various results online and it's delicious so I want to know the damage I'm doing :D

B - Bacon and egg sandwich and an apple

D - Ham and egg salad, carrot sticks, naughty cottage cheese, strawberries

T - Cottage pie and green beans

HEXA will be split between milk in brews and cheese on the pie :)

BM tootling around like a crackpot, trying to manage my own return to work in my supervisor's absence!
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »

Can someone check the syns for longley farm cottage cheese with chives for me please? Various results online and it's delicious so I want to know the damage I'm doing :D

Fat free is syn free
    regular is 1.5 per 100g
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills