Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well the rain has returned to us here in Northern Ireland!

Trying to get through lots of water today as I really have let that slide.

Hooray for Friday, off to the agricultural show tomorrow lots of tempting treats about I'm sure so will have to choose lunch half wisely! Need to get a good loss this week.

Sorry to hear about your cat Piglet : (

And sorry to hear about the poor meal Maman, hate when that happens and uve not enjoyed what should have been a treat!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 May 2017 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Hello all,

Lois - that must be so frustrating with WW! I didn't get on with it at all last time I tried but that was when you had to count all the calories in fruit and veg. SW just seemed so much more straightforward. Fingers crossed for third WI lucky!

Fingers crossed for you too Lantanna!

Well done to all the losers, particularly Ruthy - whatever your opinion on BMIs that's a great milestone to see! And Bubbs, you're on a roll!

Piglet, happy belated birthday and so sorry to hear about your cat. My girl is 14 and I've really started to notice her ageing recently. They're such a part of the family and leave a big hole when they go xxx

Wiz I'd say it's very possible your meds are hindering you (no medical background whatsoever BTW!), have you thought about seeing your doc to discuss alternatives?

I'm over the moon to report a 3lb loss this week pls Shala. I've been very disciplined this week so it's nice to see it paying off. Any loss at all will take me to my lowest of the year so that's a good incentive. And I'm now back in the minus numbers for the challenge - phew!

Plan for today - staying on plan unusually for a weigh day, because I'm having lunch out tomorrow and also I don't feel the need to cheat myself today - must have turned a corner!
    B - Leftover smoothie from yesterday, only had half as it was so filling with the oats in, so that's 4 syns and half HEB
    D - Sweet potato Austrian Hash with two boiled eggs
    T - Chicken stir fry with 1 syn teriyaki sauce
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Oats, chia seeds and flaked almonds in smoothie (half) and will sprinkle a few pine nuts in my stir fry (1 tsp = half)
    Syns - Sugar (3), smoothie (4), teriyaki (1), hot chocolate (2) = 10

Just wondering what I could have for five syns as a treat ... I like those Hula Pufts for 3.5 but multipacks are dangerous :o
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondering what I could have for five syns as a treat ... I like those Hula Pufts for 3.5 but multipacks are dangerous :o

A double pub measure of spirits with a syn free mixer...? :drool:
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Saver Upper - yes it was me who said a milky coffee at your client's house was probably most of your HEA - depends how big the cup/mug was and also what type of milk.

Esmy - yes it's me who makes scotch eggs with the Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary sausages. They're a bit fiddly to make but delicious.

You need 1.5-2 sausages per egg to cover plus some beaten egg to dip them in before breadcrumbing. So, eg, boil 4 eggs; cool & remove shells. Flatten the sausages in one hand, place egg in middle and mould the sausage around it. You can bake at this point if you want to save syns.

If you want to breadcrumb them then dip in beaten egg and then into a plate of breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet lined with baking/ greaseproof paper. You will need to syn the breadcrumbs unless you are using as part of your HEB.

Cook at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden.

There is actually a recipe on the front page of the SW site for scotch eggs this week but using SW sausages. They are 1.5 syns each if you use 50g breadcrumbs for 4 eggs.

Piglet - so sorry about your cat. It's always sad when a pet has to be put down.

This is getting a bit long so will do another post!

Denise
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Tete! Pleased for you!!
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Joedenise, I'll give these a try. I don't like the Iceland sausages so I'll stick with your recipe.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Options
    :T great loss tete. Well done!

wizkid1 wrote: »
    Good morning,I am a bit disappointed this morning it's not quite 1lb and I have really tried.

I have even been on my stationary bike ( I can only manage 10 mins with being disabled but at least it's something and I only walk slow but manage between 800 steps and 1,000 most days.). :rotfl::rotfl:
    :)

I think you should count that as a half pound loss wiz.

Your exercise puts me to shame. I didn't get to go dancing this week because of re-arranged football and I didn't go walking yesterday because of a headache and I've eaten out twice with all the wine syns that entailed plus the crappy chips. I'm ashamed of myself.:o
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    A double pub measure of spirits with a syn free mixer...? :drool:

Love it!:rotfl:

I haven't done my meal plan yet and I'll be shopping later although I've got plenty in for today's meals. My lunches have been a bit samey this week as because I've been eating out I haven't had my usual leftovers and I miss them.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 fried eggs, HEB toast, tomatoes and mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with veggie chilli, cottage cheese and pickles
    D: chicken casserole (carrots, celery, mushrooms, courgettes, butterbeans, onion, leeks) with new potatoes, cauli and broccoli (should get some LOs from that lot!)
    Syns: tbsp. (shared) of cornflour and probably wine syns although I know I shouldn't. Willpower is lacking this week.:(
  • chocolateteddy
    Options
    1/2 lb gain Gutted I did a food diary this week and hope my consultant can see where I am going wrong as I was certain I was on plan except for one meal round someones which I had no control over. Veggies had no butter on them, had 3 roast potatoes which looked like had very little fat on them, there were three options I avoided the Chorizo sausage casserole and opted for salmon which had been done in the oven so I don't think there was much oil/fat in that. Yes I did have a slither of key lime pie but I can't see how one meal can have affected my weight loss that much. But I am trying not to lose hope and doing a food diary again this week and see what happens I have weighed my hea and heb and logged syns as I eat them so maybe I will get a loss this week.

Piglet - sorry about your cat mine made it to 20 and it was so hard as they are part of your family.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone. A 2lb loss for me today, so really pleased. I have been keeping a food diary, and what is interesting is how easy it is to make a bad food choice. I'd been doing really well all week and last night a late appointment meant a quick meal from the freezer, something easy so I had an m&s steak slice and mushy peas (free), blooming nora... 22 syns.... just on the slice. I shall be "trying" to stay away from things like that from now on...... Well done to all the losers, and those that haven't had the week you wanted, draw a line and focus on next week x
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Had lunch now so back with my menu plan (did post earlier but we had a power cut so lost the post).

B - beans on toast
    L - sweet potato jacket; HM coleslaw; HM potato salad
    D - stuffed chicken breast wrapped in parma ham (3 syns); chips; coleslaw; potato salad

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - soft cheese with garlic & herbs (2 syns); 2 slices parma ham (1 syn); couple glasses of wine or may have a couple of G&Ts instead. See which I fancy tonight:D.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family