Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes tete, pickled or vacuum packed beetroot is free but if you enjoy the other (and it's upping your Speed:D) then a few syns wouldn't hurt.

Great to see you posting shala.:A

I do enjoy eating well cooked fat but for a steak I'd probably cut it off before cooking bubbs. In a restaurant I may not be so good. My downfall is cooking pork. I've yet to try 'all visible fat removed' so I have to fight with myself not to eat the crackling. I've told the story before of a woman at my group who used to throw it straight in the dog's bowl to stop herself eating the crackling. She reckoned it had to be a dirty bowl otherwise she'd have taken it back.:) More seriously, is it easy to cut the fat off, say, pork shoulder before cooking. I'm afraid it would fall apart if I take the string off.

Sorry to hear you don't think there'll be a loss again this week lois.:( As you've paid up front you might as well persist. Enjoy your meal today and then from tomorrow try a full week 100% on plan and see how it goes.

I may be out for dinner this evening. I'm meeting some friends and we often go to the pub afterwards. I'm not 100% sure which one or whether I'll even go so the jury's out on how well I'll do.

EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: veggie omelette (mushroom, tomato, courgette, spring onion) with beetroot (free:p)
    D: tba
    Syns: squirt of syrup
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

Todays plan is v similar to yesterday. I am a creature of habit :o

B: Cup of tea with half allowance HEx A Milk
    L: Soup (HEx B), melon FF yog & berries
    D: Not sure yet - will depend on how WI goes
    Snacks: boiled egg. 1 Hifi bar (HexB)

Trying to be good til WI :D

Ruth
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Options
    Ruthy1604 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Todays plan is v similar to yesterday. I am a creature of habit :o

B: Cup of tea with half allowance HEx A Milk
    L: Soup (HEx B), melon FF yog & berries
    D: Not sure yet - will depend on how WI goes
    Snacks: boiled egg. 1 Hifi bar (HexB)

Trying to be good til WI :D

Ruth
    I'm assuming that you're having 1 small slice of bread with soup and 1 Hifi to make up your HEB. That's fine splitting it up.
    Do you mean that if you get a loss you'll be going with the 'everything is syn free on WI days ' principle? :D
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I have been awol!

Just back from my interview which went really well, but then we have been here before! I will know next week. Will have to remind myself that it did go well if I do not get the job!

Anyway plus one for me this week.
    Not surprising since the cold (which I still have ) has had me having carb on carb for breakfast lunch and dinner!

Hopefully get a loss next week and a good one at that!

Keep ploughing on Lois! Off to get caught up!
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Can i ask a question, you all might go urghhhh:rotfl:
    That steak we just had for tea , had a lovely bit of fat on it:D do you all resist and not eat it or do you give in to temptation?

bubbs,I found this on the website.Sounds a bit low to me,so not sure if I am reading it correctly:

Beef, steak, any cut, lean & fat (100g raw)=2 syns.
    Beef, joint, any cut, lean & fat (100g raw) =3.5 syns

Reading this,it sounds like the beef itself is lean,but has fat on.Hope this helos a little

maman,when I read Ruthy's post,I thought of the Baxter soups.Some of these can be used as a HEB.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone, I had a good day today, weigh in tomorrow and I am hoping for at least a pound ..fingers crossed.:)

This will be my Friday 's menu plan...Green Day.

Breakfast.. cottage cheese on toast B melon,

Lunch.A banana spread on 2 Ryvita 3 syns,raspberries & strawberries.

Dinner.. fish B s/w chips a tomato , mushy peas,lemon. Apple.

Extra ff yoghurt,pineapple slices.A x 2 milk.2 crispbread/butter 5 syns
    8 syns..
    :D:D:D it deserves a clap, if I stick to it :T:T :T :T
  • Ruthy1604
    edited 11 May 2017 at 6:56PM
    Options
    A loss of 0.5lb for me please Shala

Not exactly pleased, but at least its a loss. I've been running too, so I generally gain on the first couple of weeks.

A massive high is that my BMI is now classes as normal & no longer overweight. I am really pleased with that :D

maman wrote: »
    I'm assuming that you're having 1 small slice of bread with soup and 1 Hifi to make up your HEB. That's fine splitting it up.
    Do you mean that if you get a loss you'll be going with the 'everything is syn free on WI days ' principle? :D

No bread - I don't really like it. I should syn the soup at 2.5 (kindly worked out by someone on the last challenge) and that means I've only had half the HExB. But there are so many similar soups counted as a HExB I just assumed it would be. :o

Everything is definately free after WI maman. Its the law!!
    However, I have HM vege bolognaise so pretty good really.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Not caught up, been for weigh in -3lbs:T:T and SOTW again:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Ruthy1604
    Options
    Well done Bubbs - that's a fantastic loss.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Been a busy day today so not even turned the laptop on until now! Very unusual for me.

Decided not to WI this morning but did have a peek on the scales and it looked like STS so probably would have been OK but didn't want to risk it when I don't actually have to weigh every week, LOL! Going to stick to plan (but using weekly syns as usual for the weekend wine which starts tonight!)

B - mixed fruit at Group
    L - ham salad sandwich (only had about half hour between group and taking DH to Drs so no time to do anything more filling)
    D - HM fish curry/rice

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - LTL mayo 0.5; wine:D - having a really nice pinot noir tonight

It was a change of plan for dinner tonight as was supposed to be stuffed chicken breast in parma ham but I forgot to get the parma ham out of the freezer, so that will now be tomorrow night's dinner.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport