🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

Well done to today's losers - some great results! :T Hugs to those who haven't had such kind results from the scales... :(

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and the kind words about my cat - he was nearly 19, so I know we were lucky to have him for as long as we did, and I am grateful that he was relatively healthy (just a little arthritis) right up until a few days before he died. There's no way I would have wanted him to suffer, so I know that we did the best thing for him - but for a small cat, as several of you said, he has left a huge hole in our lives... At the moment, everywhere seems a bit empty - we're walking round beds and bowls that are no longer there, just out of habit, and the hardest thing is coming home to no welcome, because he always met us at the door - having spent the first 10 years of his life living in central London, he was an indoor cat! Still, he had a good life (I hope!) and we were very lucky to have him... :happyhear

Stuck to plan today...ish! ;) Well, OK, had a small slice of the everlasting chocolate cake at work (its all gone now, thank goodness!), and have had a small glass of wine tonight. Hmmmm, actually, when I write it down, that's not sticking to plan, is it?! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day! :p

Tomorrow's plan is a little up in the air. I am going to London for the day (theatre tickets for birthday treat), so the plan is to have cereal and milk for breakfast (HExs A&B), and I'm hoping lunch will be a tuna nicoise salad from Pret (free because I don't add the dressing). Dinner is undecided yet, but the plan is that it will either be Nando's (~8 syns) or Leon (14 syns). Either way, there will be lots of body magic in walking for miles before and after the theatre, so I'm hoping it will be OK. :o

Have a great weekend, everyone. :)

P x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,781 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Piglet~~my best boy is 17 next week.
    I hope he lives to be 19 :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Piglet~~my best boy is 17 next week.
    I hope he lives to be 19 :)

I hope he does, too, beanielou! :D

P x
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 May 2017 at 10:09PM
    Options
    Today's menu;

Breakfast:2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB + 3 syns),FLora light ( 1 syn),Marmite,followed by an apple and fresh apricot

Snack: hard-boiled egg

Lunch: bacon,egg,2 tomatoes,baked beans,fried onion

Tea: jacket potato with bacon,egg,cheese (4 syns) mayonnaise (3 syn),creme fraiche(4.5 syns),sweet chilli sauce(4.5 syns).While tea was cooking,I had lots of beetroot and 1/2 a red pepper to snack on,cos I know there wouldn't be any speed in tea.

SNack tonight: a hifi bar (3 syns)

Have been having skimmed milk (HEA)in cups of tea,sugar in a coffee at customer's house (1 syn).

Just over 50 minutes brisk walking today
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    piglet6 wrote: »
    Evening all

Stuck to plan today...ish! ;) Well, OK, had a small slice of the everlasting chocolate cake at work (its all gone now, thank goodness!), and have had a small glass of wine tonight. Hmmmm, actually, when I write it down, that's not sticking to plan, is it?! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day! :p

Tomorrow's plan is a little up in the air. I am going to London for the day (theatre tickets for birthday treat), so the plan is to have cereal and milk for breakfast (HExs A&B), and I'm hoping lunch will be a tuna nicoise salad from Pret (free because I don't add the dressing). Dinner is undecided yet, but the plan is that it will either be Nando's (~8 syns) or Leon (14 syns). Either way, there will be lots of body magic in walking for miles before and after the theatre, so I'm hoping it will be OK. :o

Have a great weekend, everyone. :)

P x

There's nothing wrong with a bit of cake and a small glass of wine - it could be within your syns as long as the cake wasn't too big!

Enjoy your day tomorrow in London. You could still be within your syns with what you have planned and if you're not then you can easily pull it back in the early part of next week. Several of us, myself included, have most of our syns at the weekend and then rein it back in during the week before WI. Works for me:rotfl:.

Denise
  • joedenise
    Options
    Today's menu;

Breakfast:2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB + 3 syns),FLora light ( 1 syn),Marmite,followed by an apple and fresh apricot

Snack: hard-boiled egg

Lunch: bacon,egg,2 tomatoes,baked beans,fried onion

Tea: jacket potato with bacon,egg,cheese (4 syns) mayonnaise (1.5 syn),creme fraiche,sweet chilli sauce.While tea was cooking,I had lots of beetroot and 1/2 a red pepper to snack on,cos I know there wouldn't be any speed in tea.

Have been having skimmed milk (HEA)in cups of tea,sugar in a coffee at customer's house (1 syn).

Did you also syn these as both have syns? Not sure how many for creme fraiche but sweet chilli sauce is 1.5-2 syns per Tbs depending on brand.

Denise
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Did you also syn these as both have syns? Not sure how many for creme fraiche but sweet chilli sauce is 1.5-2 syns per Tbs depending on brand.

Denise

Thanks joedenise.We cross-posted because I had to go off and look up the syns-done now,and post-edited.We don't have jacket potatoes very often,but don't the syns rack up,especially when you buy the wrong creme fraiche :o?
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Squiggly_Diddly
    Squiggly_Diddly Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    Weighed in on Thursday and 1 1/2 off so I got my half-stone award which I was very pleased about :j (4lbs off before I joined this challenge).

Well done to the losers / commiserations to those that didn't. Sorry to hear about Piglet's cat :(

Very stressful few days coming up, whole weekend of paperwork with lesson planning, preparation for university end of course assessed interview Tuesday and now (although exciting) an interview for my first teaching job Tuesday morning!! Terrifying as well... Despite this will be trying to stay on plan as best I can but more likely to be mostly grazing...

Have a good week! :A
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• joedenise
    Options
    Thanks joedenise.We cross-posted because I had to go off and look up the syns-done now,and post-edited.We don't have jacket potatoes very often,but don't the syns rack up,especially when you buy the wrong creme fraiche :o?

Yes the syns definitely mount up if you put creme fraiche on it but do you really need to have creme fraiche on a jacket potato? I only have a syn free or very low syn topping - something like baked beans; HM chilli; HM curry; tuna mayo etc. Certainly never have butter, creme fraiche or even cheese (unless a Green day and a 2nd HEA or HEB:D) on top. If you must have creme fraiche try the half fat one as it'll certainly be lower in syns.

Another alternative would be to use some quark which can be a bit creamy (particularly if you buy the Graham's one which is much creamier than Tesco's own brand but a bit more expensive). I usually buy the Graham's one in Aldi as the difference in price between that and the Tesco's own brand is pennies.

Today's plan:

B - Toasted BLT spread with LTL mayo (6 for bread +0.5 for mayo)
    L - egg, chips, beans, mushrooms; strawberries 50g Vanilla quark (1 syn)
    D - Butcher's low fat burger (0.5 syn); in WM pitta (HEB); fried onions; HM coleslaw; jelly (0.5), strawberries; plain quark; mini meringue (1)

HEA - milk
    HEB - Pitta
    Syns - bread 6; mayo 0.5; burger 0.5;vanilla quark l; jelly 0.5; mini meringue 1 = 9.5

No wine planned for tonight but may have a G&T this evening.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Squiggly Diddly, congratulations on your loss and your shiny. :TGood luck with your interview. It's a great idea to set down healthy eating habits before you start work and losing weight will boost your confidence.

saver-upper, I frequently have cottage cheese with my jacket potatoes. That's either on its own with spring onions chopped into it or my new favourite, sliced jalapenos from Aldi. It's also a good alternative to sour cream with chilli. This week I've had a JP with veggie chilli and a dollop of cottage cheese for a few lunches.

I admire your self control denise. I know I shouldn't really be having wine syns this weekend as I had too many midweek. This coming week looks much more promising though. I'm out dancing tomorrow afternoon and there's a scone, jam and cream included but then I have a clear week with no eating (or drinking) out to trip me up. I haven't been to WI for a few weeks but I feel I'm hovering at the top of range.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 boiled eggs
    L: LO chicken casserole minus chicken (effectively a chunky soup)
    D: Lamb rogan josh (Aldi), pilau rice, SW chips, extra mushrooms and peppers
    Syns: curry 1, rice 1.5 shared, weekend wine:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family